Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO, it sounded like she went over questions in her head if she got caught. Like did having a baby too young ruin your life? Was she colicky, or did she do something that would set you off and sometimes hurt you? Her statements didn’t set well with me either. MOO
Well, she did mention that Evelyn started walking early and that it was very hard, and that she yanked on her hair so hard she pulled out chunks at a time, so I wondered if she got easily frustrated. Dealing with a baby when you are just a teenager can be especially difficult. She also said that she was always breaking her phones, so I wondered if she got mad and threw them or something. Jmo

Not sure if my statement was a blanket statement or not.... I'd have to have examples of actual accidental child deaths where the parent(s) decided to hide a body, & fabricate a story and lie to the police instead, despite not being responsible for the death or anything illegal pertaining to the death.

Can you provide any examples? I cant think of a single one off the top of my head, though that doesnt mean an example doesnt exist.

I'm not talking about truly accidental deaths. I'm talking about unintentional deaths where the parent was responsible, due to neglect or illegal activity. Something they would be afraid of getting in trouble for. And I'm not saying I believe this is what happened with MB & Evelyn. I'm just saying we shouldn't rule out the option.

At this point, I put nothing past MB, but there is still the possibility that Evelyn died accidentally & MB didn't want to call the police, because she would find herself in trouble. Evelyn could have been shaken or beaten, overdosed on Benadryl, drowned in the tub while unattended, ingested an illegal substance, etc. There are many ways she could have "accidentally" died due to neglect & MB would not call 911, afraid of being blamed. I don't get the vibe that she murdered her in cold blood (not that she didn't/couldn't have) but I don't think we should rule out death by neglect just yet. MOO.

You many not have ruled it out and that is your choice, but I have. I've seen this too many times and I am sick of it. MB not even reporting her child missing but telling lies to whoever asked about the baby. And then living it up with her new boyfriend and ending up telling a multitude of lies to LE. I will never believe accident or even consider it. JMO

Well, she did mention that Evelyn started walking early and that it was very hard, and that she yanked on her hair so hard she pulled out chunks at a time, so I wondered if she got easily frustrated. Dealing with a baby when you are just a teenager can be especially frustrating. She also said that she was always breaking her phones, so I wondered if she got mad and threw them or something. Jmo

I always knew she was responsible and Evelyn was gone, but those comments irritate me even more now. She knew Evelyn was gone and she’s talking about how she pulled her hair out in chunks. Yeah, because she is a baby and babies grab hair. Put it in a damn ponytail.

Maybe I need to give myself a timeout too lol

The thing I keep going back to is it only take seconds, minutes, to lash out in anger and really harm a baby. My theory still is MB took pretty good care of EB (supported by her dad) until a new love interest came along. MB’s anger and resentment built as HW made clear he was not going to raise someone else’s child and MB just snapped - harming Evelyn.

She didn’t know what to do so she literally threw her motherhood away (baby, toys, diapers) and told everyone the baby went to live with Evelyn’s father and she was back to single girl Maggie, soon to be Mrs Woods.
This^^

Here is my rundown of the hearing. Link to the hearing video: Judge increases Megan Boswell’s bond to $150,000

First the Judge goes over MB's assets to declare her indigent and appoint her attorney. She confirmed she has no job, no property, and receives no government assistance. She had a car but does not currently own it. Since she does not have assets or income to reasonably pay for an attorney, her attorney is appointed. Everyone is here on a motion by the state to increase MB's bond. Anticipating his appointment, her attorney Brad Sproles (BS) prepared his response so they could go ahead and hear the bond increase motion.

Judge notes MB is here on a false reporting charge. The state confirms a public indictment has not been issued for the charge yet. Judge also confirms MB is being held in contempt from the juvenile court (Juvenile Court is confidential so we likely will not hear more about this until later).

TBI special agent Brian Fraley testified in support of the state's motion to increase bond. Confirmed that he interviewed MB on multiple occasions. He concluded several false statements were made. He said those false statements led to significant resources and man hours wasted and time lost in trying to find the missing child.

BF states on March 6 there was a search conducted at the house of MB's relatives: brother, father, and grandmother. TBI found the body found of a 1 year old child dressed in the clothing described by the defendant, who they believe to be Evelyn. Also found clothing, toys, diapers, and other things that would belong to a 1 year old child.

BF states MB made trips out of town, including to Texas in October 2019, and she has connections to NC, VA, and TX. Defense points out that most of MB's contacts are within the state.

Lots of sidebar conversations that I wish we could hear.

Judge: Mr. Fraley, during your investigation did MB make any inculpatory statements regarding the death of Evelyn Boswell?
BF: Inculpatory? Yes

[I have had a few messages about this exchange. I hear both the Judge and BF say "inculpatory." Inculpatory statements are statements that tend to prove the guilt of the defendant. Exculpatory statements are statements that tend to disprove the guilt of the defendant.]

Judge: Court is aware that MB does not have criminal history or a history of failing to appear, however, she does have ties to Virginia and Texas and she's gone to those two states recently. The Court is also concerned that during the course of the investigation, MB has made inculpatory statements regarding the death of her child. Thus, weighing the positive and negative factors I must consider for bond... background and mental state of the defendant, I think that's going to be a negative considering the statements she made implicating herself in her child's death.

Judge: Reading the affidavit, the probability for conviction on the false statements is really high. No one has testified here today, no members of the community, who would vouch for her. Weighing all of these factors, the court thinks the bond should be increased to $150,000.

Court: When is this case going to the grand jury?
DA: We think April. Next grand jury is next week but we don't think we'll be ready. I think we will be ready to present the case and some other related false reports in April. We intend to submit them in April.

---

My notes: the bolded lines are exact quotes and stood out to me. The DA said they will be bringing additional charges for false reporting - I wonder, against MB? Or against others?
Thank you for this Alethea!!!

She did, on a FB post.... see bullet point 4 here:

Megan Boswell, Mother of Missing Evelyn: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

'She posted about her daughter in September 2019, a post that has since been deleted from Facebook. In it, she said “I’m not the best mom in the world, but I try so hard for this little beauty. I can’t even explain the love I feel for her, and i know she loves me too. Lately my lifes been really sucky but she’ll come reach for me and say ‘mom mom’ and my heart melts and I’m reminded of her unconditional love.”

She continued, “You can say whatever you want about me being a young mom, but I promise you my life is so much better with this angel. My life wasnt ruined when I had her, she gave me a purpose and a reason to wake up everyday and to better myself. Theres no love like the love from your child!”'

ETA: I wonder if this was a response to comments that were made to her when she was pregnant, and not some totally off the cuff comment (My life wasnt ruined when I had her)... maybe family or friends suggested she terminate her pregnancy b/c her life would be ruined and that is where the thought came from.

“There’s no love like the love from your child!”

Still makes my stomach turn. I know people have said it’s not uncommon for young moms without loving families to look to babies for that unconditional love, but it still seems so twisted to talk about how your baby loves you unconditionally. What happens when that baby starts pulling out chunks of your hair?

Ugh. I am surprised that TB Sr. is out talking to people when his daughter is in jail and his granddaughter is likely deceased. JMO.

ETA: My response does not mean I'm doubting you, Kat!!

I kind of got the impression that this lady knew about the trailer info before Evelyn was even missing. Old news kind of thing. To be honest, this was the morning I heard the news about Evelyn being found. I was in a terrible head space, and the conversation just came out of left field and made me feel very weird...so I'm not sure I processed the whole thing intelligently. She said a lot of stuff. Half of it I couldn't even remember and had to ask Mr. Kat for clarification once we got into our car. :confused:

ETA: And, of course, it's possible this lady was full of crap. But she's a local, looked and talked like a normal, sane woman... business woman type. And she was very detailed about the family. But who knows ?

Last edited:
Is there a link stating someone besides MB lied? If there is then I would like see that if you could help me. tyia

In Hunter Wood interview on Wednesday or Thursday the week Evelyn's disappearance broke he clearly said ....
"He only dated Megan a couple of weeks and they were not serious, met Megan when she applied for job among other things..."

However how can those statements be remotely true when contact was made with Megan at a residence listed as contact was not Boswell owned property. Easy public record search proves it.
I'm trying to paste URL here to no avail but will keep trying.

Well, she did mention that Evelyn started walking early and that it was very hard, and that she yanked on her hair so hard she pulled out chunks at a time, so I wondered if she got easily frustrated. Dealing with a baby when you are just a teenager can be especially difficult. She also said that she was always breaking her phones, so I wondered if she got mad and threw them or something. Jmo
I think the most likely scenario was MB overreacting to something Evelyn did. Although I can also see her wanting Evelyn out of the way of her new romance. I’m not saying it was an accident. I don’t know if there’s any hope of MB telling the truth about what happened. I hope the forensics will be able to shed some light.

In Hunter Wood interview on Wednesday or Thursday the week Evelyn's disappearance broke he clearly said ....
"He only dated Megan a couple of weeks and they were not serious, met Megan when she applied for job among other things..."

However how can those statements be remotely true when contact was made with Megan at a residence listed as contact was not Boswell owned property. Easy public record search proves it.
I'm trying to paste URL here to no avail but will keep trying.

I’m not saying I definitely believe him, but he also said that he had either seen or spoken to her two days before (I can’t remember which) but that he hadn’t heard from her since then. So he was admitting to being in contact with her recently.

It’s possible he saw her as a FWB and she saw him as her future husband. Suddenly her baby is missing and he wants nothing to do with that so he downplays their relationship and over-exaggerates it a bit. We know they spent a lot of time together in the weeks Evelyn was missing.

There’s no telling what he told police. He could have been completely open, honest, and cooperative with them but downplayed it in the press because he didn’t want to be associated with a baby killer.

TBI: Diapers, clothes, toys found alongside remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell

TBI: Diapers, clothes, toys found alongside remains believed to be Evelyn Boswell

that's a little sad then makes a more clear picture of what we thought

Megan’s case is expected to be bound over to a grand jury in April. District Attorney Barry Staubus said he expects that by that time she will face additional charges.

whelp there it is

Boswell Affidavit

The address blackened out on this copy is not Boswell family property.

I have copy with address shown and I'll just leave it at that.

Are you saying she was arrested at HW’s residence? Or that she claimed his residence as her home address? Because she also claimed to be pregnant. And she claimed that her baby was in a silver camper in Mendota. But if you’re saying it’s the former, then that changes things for me.

I'm not talking about truly accidental deaths. I'm talking about unintentional deaths where the parent was responsible, due to neglect or illegal activity. Something they would be afraid of getting in trouble for. And I'm not saying I believe this is what happened with MB & Evelyn. I'm just saying we shouldn't rule out the option.

I personally think it was intentional but you definitely have a point. If MB was doing something that is a felony in TN when Evelyn died, it could be felony murder. Even if the killing was not intentional you’re responsible if someone dies during the commission of a felony.

Are you saying she was arrested at HW’s residence? Or that she claimed his residence as her home address? Because she also claimed to be pregnant. And she claimed that her baby was in a silver camper in Mendota. But if you’re saying it’s the former, then that changes things for me.

I'm not making claims on anything.
Address listed as contact on CPS affidavit is NOT Boswell owned property. The initial contact which resulted in Megan being charged with false reporting on affidavit I posted upstream.

It's clear as rain per affidavit Megan is not the ONLY one lying.
Dated 2 weeks my behind. :rolleyes:

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads