Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have never understood the "jealous of Landen" charge.
I've never understood that either. Resentful of being a stepmom perhaps, but I don't know what she would have been jealous of. Landen was married to someone else, TS was married to a decent man, she lived in a nice home, had nice vehicles, did not seem to be lacking for any material things. But we don't know what went on behind closed doors. JMO.

I wonder if we will see a request from her attorney for a mental health evaluation? Would TS have to agree to that? She seems to be so concerned about what people think of her, I don't think she would agree even if it were in her best interest.

Jumping off your post, @H73 (hope you don't mind) :) It made me curious about the whole rental car business. Perhaps a
local will be able to answer my question?

Are there any areas near the airport (or on her route) that are somewhat desolate, but would have quick and easy access in and out? If so; have there been any searches in these areas?

I apologize profusely if this has been previously discussed. I honestly can't remember. o_O
There is a lot of wide open space around their neighborhood and on the way to the airport. Rolling hills. A body could be tucked not far off the road on the other side of a rolling hill and not be found until the buzzards give it away, if no one thinks to search there. I’ve seen that happen before, although not here.

AS has been married to TS for five years, Landen has her own husband and another child. I don't see that Landen has anything to elicit jealousy from TS. They are both decent looking youngish women.
I don't think whatever came to pass with Gannon had anything at all todo with "jealousy" towards biomom.
Very interesting...I have definitely thought it had to do w LH in some way, but I am just stereotyping TS as a psycho control freak woman bc of what she did....who knows...

When Watts pleaded guilty, we got access to everything. There was something like 2000 pages of discovery documents, and countless hours of video.

He may have feared being exposed in the courtroom however, as the prosecution had no shortage of witnesses, to include his mistress.

No matter what this woman does, everything is going to come out. You’re talking about two very different people, with differing psychologies.

Watts was nothing but a facade; concerned only about the image he projected.

TS lives in some alternate universe, and I can see her fighting this all the way. She’s angry, vindictive, and likely won’t give in.

She probably thinks she can lie her way to a not guilty verdict.

Along those lines, I thought the only bargaining chip that the prosecution had was a choice of prison, maybe some place closer to SC. But could they negotiate sealing some or all of the evidence so she doesn't look quite so evil? Or maybe somehow give her the hero status she craves in return for her spilling the beans? Then of course getting LWOP. Would a deal like that even be legal?

Along those lines, I thought the only bargaining chip that the prosecution had was a choice of prison, maybe some place closer to SC. But could they negotiate sealing some or all of the evidence so she doesn't look quite so evil? Or maybe somehow give her the hero status she craves in return for her spilling the beans? Then of course getting LWOP. Would a deal like that even be legal?
It’s a matter of public record, so there’s no way to do anything like that.

The only realistic deal that she might accept, would be something less than life without parole in exchange for the body.

Even if that offer is made though, I don’t think she’d accept it.

“While the public’s right of access to court records is a qualified one – not absolute – judicial records may properly be sealed from public inspection only where findings have been made, on the record, that continued sealing is necessary to protect an extremely weight governmental interest and that no less restrictive alternative means exist to adequately protect that interest. Such findings have not been made, nor can they be made, with respect to the affidavit of probable cause on file in this Court. Accordingly, the Media Petitioners respectfully seek the immediate unsealing of the affidavit of probable cause,” the motion states.
Local media file motion to unseal Letecia Stauch’s arrest affidavit

Dear @imstilla.grandma,

Thanks for posting this information!

The media lawyer, Steven Zansberg, who has filed this Motion, is the President of the Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition.

Steven D. Zansberg | People | Ballard Spahr LLP

Question:

I am stuck on "the saucer shaped pool of blood " in GS' room.
I realize that this is cumming from LS. So any stretch or exaggeration is possible..
But, let's say that her account is true and that it is what was reported to AS.
What would cause a pool of blood?
In most cases , including nosebleeds, there would be a spatter pattern.
What type of injury would cause a pool of blood?
This is really bothering me.
As a mom of 3 kids.. I have seen every kind of body fluid.. and cleaned them up..
But.. never , ever , a saucer shaped POOL of blood.
A severe nosebleed would cause a pool of blood, clotted.
A rectal bleed, if severe, ditto.
A flesh wound, if severe would too..
But, as you say, TS words mean very little and It's impossible to figure out whether she was referring to a pool or a blood stain.
It's easy to have a bad bleed.. an arterial bleed may sputter but will also accumulate in areas.
I don't know if they found any blood at all in that house but they probably did.

AS has been married to TS for five years, Landen has her own husband and another child. I don't see that Landen has anything to elicit jealousy from TS. They are both decent looking youngish women.
I don't think whatever came to pass with Gannon had anything at all todo with "jealousy" towards biomom.

I tend to agree with you that jealousy was not her prime motive for killing Gannon. I think she was bitter that she was getting the short end of the stick again and again (in her mind). She had a daughter who was marching to 18 very soon. Now, she had two young kids that needed her everyday. She married her husband, moved from her family and he was away a fair bit. She couldn't get and keep a job because her past kept creeping up on her. She worked at the kid's school but left in November (fired or whatever) and she lost her last possible job just before her husband went out of town again when she would have to be with the kids on the weekend and caretake. On the other hand, the kid's mother lived near family and friends and seemed to have it easier than she did. I think she felt like she gave too much and was in a rage due to her bitterness. This was not the life she wanted. Her rage killed Gannon.

I do think that she was wicked jealous of Landen when she came to town and Al supported Landen over her. She moved into Tee's house, got financial support, got sympathy, and Al was with her 24/7. She was jealous then, IMO.

The headline here is that the state doesn’t object to the affidavit being unsealed. With only the defense against it, I think there’s a pretty decent chance we might see it as soon as Wednesday.

The state is not opposed to the unsealing of the affidavit. However, Stauch’s legal counsel says she is opposed to it.

Zansberg argues that while sealing the affidavit is common prior to a warrant being executed, the affidavit is typically unsealed — even in high-profile cases — once the warrant has been executed and the preliminary investigation is complete.

That IS the headline! There must be A LOT of stuff she doesn't want us to see :D Still trying to save face, even behind bars! Delusional with a capital "D!"

Question:

I realize that this is cumming from LS. So any stretch or exaggeration is possible..
As a mom of 3 kids.. I have seen every kind of body fluid.. and cleaned them up..
Sorry to be graphic but I know someone who’s kid (7 or 8 ish years old) had part of their intestine damaged from a tumor and it caused him to, basically, poop blood. She rushed him to hospital, obviously, but it looked like a crime scene in his bed.

I thoroughly enjoyed your sharp wit in the phone call assessment, and anxiously await Part II. Hopefully, you can leave the stress of this case behind during your test!

On another issue, I must respectfully disagree entirely about T’s jealousy. MOO! While I’m aware of what T says her problems with Landen are, her malicious shaming and humiliation tactics are no different than any other self-loathing bully. Even with Landen facing every parent’s worst nightmare, T remains devoid of a shred of human empathy.

T is jealous that LH and AS have a forever bond as loving parents.

T is jealous of LH and AS’s past marriage, because true love is a foreign concept to T.

T is jealous that GS and LH have an unbreakable, unconditional loving bond. (T thought she broke it forever, but it only deepened and sprouted wings.)

I could go on ad infinitum. It is JMO. Suffice it to say some like LH are M-pathetic; others like T are just pathetic.
A deep insecurity is the root of her evil. Outward appearances are deceiving.

Question:

I'm worried he may have been injured and lay bleeding on the floor for a while.

My own theory is she struck him with something or pushed him, probably in the garage, causing a head injury. This would've made his scalp bleed badly, and could've caused him to go in and out of consciousness or even just feel very sleepy and lay on the ground. Maybe TS found him in this state and then fully realized the seriousness of his injury.

That's all speculation on my part, and all of this is based solely on TS's claims about the blood in the house. If it's true, though, he was probably on the ground and bleeding from one particular spot for a while.

Eta: also, if any cerebrospinal fluid or brain matter was detected in any blood that they found, it would be a very strong indicator of an "injury incompatible with life." Combined with other evidence and the length of his disappearance, it would be enough for LE to conclude he's dead.

Last edited:
are we anticipating cameras in the courtroom Wed? or any type of “perp walk”? Just curious...at the courthouses around here the inmates are brought in early by van direct to the building and then from lockup into court...there would be no viewing of an inmate unless camera in court/sketch artist...again just curious as to CO, I am not caught up on the topic TIA

Jealousy and resentment, both feed hatred. It doesn't have to be one or the other, it can be both. TS's behaviors reflect serious NPD traits. And NPDs are ruled primarily by 2 emotions, jealousy and anger. She also demonstrates possessiveness ... a twist on the whole package, lol!

It doesn't appear that TS is fooling the collective wisdom of Websleuths. And I am sure the FBI's behavioral profile was an invaluable part of the investigation. They know what she is.

If AS was paying LH for spousal or child support that would cut into the money that TS got. Irregardless, Gannon cost money, again, cutting into her bankroll. And money is the greatest universal motivating force. One less mouth to feed, body to clothe, etc.

Last edited:
But, as you say, TS words mean very little and It's impossible to figure out whether she was referring to a pool or a blood stain.
It's easy to have a bad bleed.. an arterial bleed may sputter but will also accumulate in areas.
I don't know if they found any blood at all in that house but they probably did.
I keep thinking about that blood too.

All these things could lead to a lot of blood, but he'd have to just be lying there, pretty much unmoving.

A nose bleed sounds most probable to me. But who just lies there and lets it bleed out without wiping their nose, tilting their head back or forward with something to soak it up? It seems like they'd have to be stationary for a period of time without making any move to stop it.

If it was mixed with anything else, I don't think it would be described that way.

I've always thought it was more of an internal injury until I heard that interview.

I should probably let it go, because aside from not wanting to really go there, it did come from stepmom. So there may be an element of truth to it, but who knows how much.

RD has clear footage WITH sound for the whole weekend, Monday, and the entire week after!! All the stuff loaded in & taken out of the vehicles, time-stamped comings & goings of all people AND vehicles, how/where they parked, sadly the aftermath of what happened to Gannon in/out of that house on Sunday night, and his condition when he left with TS on Monday morning! If only he had footage of WHERE she put Gannon!!

And that's just RD's footage, think about what other neighbors have!

"The eye in the sky don't lie!"~RD

My take away was that LE showed As through Luminol and a black light..
and the pooling of the blood really freaks me out..
I was stuck on a possible internal bleed out or gash/cut.
I never considered the nosebleed since my 2 oldest get them frequently and I have never seen blood pool..
But, I do see now that there is a possibility ..
It just really seems sinister to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member