Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether or not he has been excommunicated isn't an issue here. He'd be welcomed to attend church although there are certain things he would be considered not eligible to participate in and if he was excommunicated he would receive a calling (aka volunteer assignment). But, in theory, if he wanted to, he could go through a repetance process and at some point in the future (I think at least a year after excommunication) be rebaptized and from an official viewpoint be considered a member in good standing, I think.

Actual active and devout members might have some subtle refinements to what I've said, but for the most part I'm sure all of that is correct.

MOO
Why doesn't Chad go to church then? How important is the church to him? Hector Sosa jr. advised his forum members to hide their true beliefs to avoid excommunication and losing church privileges. IMO Chad is doing the same thing. How likely is it that he will want to return if he is excommunicated?

Last edited:
I have seen a video of the police body cam during their visit where Alex was talking to the officers about what how it was self defence when he shot CV for coming at him with a baseball bat. I believe LV and Tylee arrived back at the house after she was dropping the kids off to school. So..
1. If tylee was the one who came out with the baseball bat then CV grabbed it and she left for school with LV.. why did she come back with LV ? She did not appear traumatised or affected in any way when giving her details to the officer.

I have seen a video of the police body cam during their visit where Alex was talking to the officers about what how it was self defence when he shot CV for coming at him with a baseball bat. I believe LV and Tylee arrived back at the house after she was dropping the kids off to school. So..
1. If tylee was the one who came out with the baseball bat then CV grabbed it and she left for school with LV.. why did she come back with LV ? She did not appear traumatised or affected in any way when giving her details to the officer.

Why doesn't Chad go to church then? How important is the church to him? Hector Sosa jr. advised his forum members to hide their true beliefs to avoid excommunication and lose church privileges. IMO Chad is doing the same thing. How likely is it that he will want to return if he is excommunicated?

At this point, if he is no longer a believer then I'd expect he wouldn't attend. I'm thinking Lori might have wanted to keep up pretenses, but I think there is a good chance that Chad doesn't care. If he wants to give up the publishing business there is probably less need to pretend. The reality might be it was only due to Tammy that he was continuing. But I could easily be guessing wrong here. :)

MOO

I think CV was supposed to take JJ to school and he was waiting for dad in dad's car. eta: but LV and TR took him instead (in dad's car).

OMG. Is it possible Tylee got suckered into this killing spree? Lori is SO PERSUASIVE. Then Tylee was disposed of as collateral damage threat? Someone else killed JJ, can’t imagine she’d agree to that act. This is Hollywood stuff. Like Jennifer Farber Dulos case in CT. Cannot get anymore twisted than these cases.
Children always lose.

So much of this case comes down to what Chad or Lori said about something, and I don't believe one word either of them says. It makes this all beyond complicated. MOO.
This. I don’t believe a word any of them have said. Like the part where Zuelma magically showed up between phone call and emt arrival.
MOO

I didn't realise BB thought it was a paintball gun due to the sound of it.

"At first BB thought the shooter was using a paintball gun, due to the sound it made, but when he examines his car he sees a bullet hole and realizes it was a real gun with a silencer".

That is pretty coincidental to the report from Tammy only a week later. I wonder if Tammy's car was even properly examined by anyone?

ETA does the family still have Tammy's car? What if a bullet is lodged in it somewhere?

That was revealed in the Dateline episode. A gun with a silencer can sound similar to a paintball gun. That's why many of us believe they were sweeping Tammy's driveway with metal detectors and digging in the snow during the January search of the Salem house. MOO.

At this point, if he is no longer a believer then I'd expect he wouldn't attend. I'm thinking Lori might have wanted to keep up pretenses, but I think there is a good chance that Chad doesn't care. If he wants to give up the publishing business there is probably less need to pretend. The reality might be it was only due to Tammy that he was continuing. But I could easily be guessing wrong here. :)

MOO
My guess is that Chad is not a believer, but wants his parents and kids to think he is. I think Lori wanted her church records transferred to Kauai in a misguided attempt to try and establish residency there. MOO

Posted 9 hours ago. from the article: "Gilbert and Chandler Police Departments confirm detectives will be heading up to Salt Lake City this week to meet with other agencies involved in this case."

It sounds like the pieces are being fit together. I am hopeful that there is a digital trail, showing how people were working on these schemes.

As others have alludes to, the timing of ZP returning home is curious. Her poor son was left to find the body.

Does anyone know of primary sources that state LV and or CD beliefs. I know they identify as LDS and have read what she told Charles and some other comments here. I am sure there are cult experts combing through their online activity and podcasts looking for clues as to where they would put the children. Just wonder if anyone here has a compilation of those beliefs. I am fuzzy on what they really believe. I don't want to give traffic to their podcasts or buy or read his books. No time for nonsense.

Also for those of you who may wonder why you feel such deep aversion to their behavior, here is some Biblical support. Proverbs 6:16-19.
There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

***Please note it says God hates the behavior not the person doing the behavior. I think as humans we have a hard time keeping them separate. But it is healthier for us to do so. Just don't want them them hurting more people than they already have, including those that are here trying to find the kids.

I don't think any of us have been able to pin down exactly what Chad and Lori believe because they are not coming right out and saying it. IMO, they have beliefs that they know go against the LDS church but they are careful not to state those in public. All of the podcasts were pulled so we can't listen to them anymore.

Fox13 SLC did an in-depth series focusing on Chad's books:
FOX 13 Investigates: Do Chad Daybell’s books leave clues about missing Rexburg children?
Photos: FOX 13 Investigates: Do Chad Daybell’s books leave clues about missing Rexburg children?
FOX 13 Investigates: The Search for JJ and Tylee

East Idaho News did a lengthy article with interviews:
: A look at the religious circle surrounding Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

And then there is the recent article about the website Chad was associated with that shut down:
FOX 13 Investigates: Website associated with Chad Daybell and his followers shuts down

Finally, you can read Chad's blog posts from 2015. His blog has been made hard to navigate, with no links to the posts, but all the posts are still up last I checked:

1- How it all began | cdaybell.com
2- Stay out of the water | cdaybell.com
3- A voice in the cemetery | cdaybell.com
4- How I met Suzanne Freeman | cdaybell.com
5- Great success, then disaster | cdaybell.com
6- Publishing Julie Rowe’s books | cdaybell.com
7- Elder Drago and a special visitor | cdaybell.com
8- Halos and Hector Sosa | cdaybell.com
9- Miracles still happen | cdaybell.com
10- A cemetery courtship | cdaybell.com
11- Scott Mitchell is Alive Again | cdaybell.com
12- “Don’t forget about me!” | cdaybell.com