Coronavirus COVID-19 *Global Health Pandemic* #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

What? He knew he tested positive and still got on the plane??? We need to begin charging such people with a crime. He literally may have contributed to someone's death!!!
We’ve seen cases on the past where someone has knowingly spread herpes or HIV & faced criminal charges, so he should, imo.
Personally I think because 80% or more cases will be mild, people do not care. I think people in the 80% group feel the 20% in the higher risk group need to be proactive.

Charleston, SC - cruise - 3,000 people let off the boat today

Precautions I heard about from cruise passengers this AM:
- everyone's temp taken before boarding
- extra hand washing/sanitizer stations
- self-serve not allowed at some food stations
They said they were not screened again before getting off. What's happening with cruises in Charleston as coronavirus concerns escalate

Real quick, I wanted to share this with y'all. We just received the following email from our help desk at the military institution I work at:

"A malicious website pretending to be the live map for Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins University is circulating on the internet waiting for unwitting internet users to visit the website. Visiting the website infects the user with the AZORult trojan, an information stealing program which can exfiltrate a variety of sensitive data."

A malicious website pretending to be the live map for Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by Johns Hopkins University is circulating on the internet waiting for unwitting internet users to visit the website. Visiting the website infects the user with the AZORult trojan, an information stealing program which can exfiltrate a variety of sensitive data. It is likely being spread via infected email attachments, malicious online advertisements, and social engineering. Furthermore, anyone searching the internet for a Coronavirus map could unwittingly navigate to this malicious website.

Threat Details: A sample of the malware being deployed by “corona-virus-map[dot]com” was submitted and analyzed by and received an extremely malicious threat score of 100/100 with Anti-virus (AV) detection at 76%. This sample was labelled by Hybrid-Analysis as a Trojan.

Sometimes I wish I could resign from the human race.

Charleston, SC - cruise - 3,000 people let off the boat today

Precautions I heard about from cruise passengers this AM:
- everyone's temp taken before boarding
- extra hand washing/sanitizer stations
- self-serve not allowed at some food stations
They said they were not screened again before getting off. What's happening with cruises in Charleston as coronavirus concerns escalate

I have friends in Charleston right now waiting to cruise the Sunshine Carnival. As of a few minutes ago, no plans to cancel. And my friends are not worried.....

Philadephia area...next county to the north. Lower Merion has been in the news lately due to the death or Kobe Bryant.
Jamie Apody
37 mins ·

#BREAKING Pa Governor Tom Wolf orders major closures in Montgomery County including closing schools for 2 weeks!
Actually as a resident of this county I’m relieved. But obviously this puts a major strain on working parents. What an absolutely strange time we are living in. Of course the health and safety of everyone is of utmost importance and I’m so glad our leadership is making that a priority. #coronavirus

European Union (EU) leaders have blasted US President Trump’s decision to ban travel from Europe as global air traffic takes a steep dive in light of coronavirus.

On Thursday EU Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and EU Council President Charles Michel issued a joint statement taking aim at the “unilateral” decision saying the virus was “not limited to any continent.”

“The European Union disapproves of the fact that the U.S. decision to impose a travel ban was taken unilaterally and without consultation,” they said. “The coronavirus is a global crisis, not limited to any continent and it requires co-operation rather than unilateral action.”
EU fumes: ‘What airlines will exist?’

DA MAN.....

We are taking new actions to reduce the density of people across the state.
Starting Friday at 5pm, gatherings with 500 people or more will not be permitted in NYS.
Additionally, for facilities with an occupancy of 500 or fewer, we are reducing the legal capacity by 50%.

Andrew Cuomo on Twitter

For Broadway theaters in Manhattan, these rules will go into effect at 5pm TODAY.
We have already spoken to the theaters about these new measures and they agreed.

Duke University men's basketball team will not participate in March Madness

The Duke University men’s basketball team, despite being ranked tenth in the country, will not participate in the upcoming March Madness basketball tournament, following the university’s decision to suspended all athletic competition.

Live updates: Coronavirus US travel ban hits 26 European countries - CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members