Coronavirus - COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought crossed my mind today that to be a nurse or doctor in a US hospital right now must be like standing on a beach and seeing the wave from a tsunami but not knowing how fast it is going to hit or how long it will take to stand on dry land again. My daughter is an ICU RN.. no known cases in her area yet but it's heading her way..it's heading everywhere.

More promises and ANOTHER NEW WEBSITE by Google to determine if you need to be tested.

Now Wal-Mart CEO speaking. Just left Wal-Mart, NO wipes for the shopping carts, NOTHING on the shelf.

Now Wallgreens CVS and Target.he is plugging all kinds of businesses now all the labs with more promises of more kits.

Everyone promises kits of course....next week

What a sham.....
Well, You could always move to Mexico or Canada, if you get unhappy enough.....moo

@gitana1 bringing over from last thread:

Hell, no masks are available.

Here’s the thing- what we’ve seen here is that masks may provide some protection. N95’s filter up to 95% of viruses, etc. but they’re asking that we leave those to the medical people who really need them. I understand that and ordered mine (which are never coming) before I heard that admonition.

Surgical masks someone stated provide protection up to 20 minutes, per their oncologist. We read of a study on here out of Hubei (so, recent) that the virus was detectable in the air of a bus for 30 minutes. And that one person infected 13. But no one wearing masks on that bus was one of the 13.

The real problem is production I guess.

Last edited: Today at 1:50 AM

~

yep that was my oncologist who said that but I think wearing something would be better than nothing
I understand we have to save the N95's for the health workers so I'm just gonna wear my surgical masks anyway - not that I go anywhere, I'm basically self-isolated already, except for my daily walk

my husband went to Walmart this morning after work and he said it was like a scene from the Acopolypse at 7:05 a.m. so the madness has finally hit our locale - he said he saw a man literally running to his car with a load of t.p. - I don't know if he stole it or was just afraid someone would attack him for it? but he got the last of it cause my hubby was looking in everyone's carts and no one else had any and the section was empty - he said Home Depot t.p. and lysol sections were empty too

we're already stocked up anyway so I'm not worried

Gov. Murphy: Closing NJ Schools 'Inevitable,' Cases Nearly Double

NEW JERSEY — Closing all New Jersey schools is "inevitable" because of the new coronavirus outbreak, which would shift student learning to home, Gov. Phil Murphy announced Friday. (You can watch the press conference below.)

The number of statewide presumptive positive cases also nearly doubled Friday, from 29 to 50, he said

Trump declares virus pandemic a national emergency

WASHINGTON, D.C. – President Donald Trump announced Friday that he is declaring the coronavirus pandemic a national emergency, as Washington struggles with providing Americans with relief and officials race to slow the spread of the outbreak.

Speaking from the Rose Garden, Trump said, “I am officially declaring a national emergency.” He said the emergency would open up nearly $50 billion for state and local governments to respond to the outbreak...

OMG Corona?snow?, snow virus?. Thanks to the social media and the CNN's of the world, mass hysteria has now descended on my peaceful part of the world. We are expecting a small snow (2-4") and as I stood in line for my pint of milk, fresh strawberries, watermelon, jerky and beer to watch sports at home this weekend, I was surrounded by people with 2-3 carts full of ? The lady behind me and I started to talk, she had 2 36 rolls of tp, so I asked, large family? Oh no, just my husband and I but we've been told on social media and CNN to stock up on tp, because we may not be able to get out for months! So congratulations to all the fear mongers, guess the media is successful in creating the largest hoax of mass hysteria ever. Just MOO

WOW.... WHO, China, Italy, all world leaders, the CDC are all in kahoots to create world panic. First I've heard of a hoax.

So sorry this hoax has disrupted your life.

Moo

We just got news my granddaughter, 9 yrs old, is negative for Coronavirus but positive for Influenza B. She has an extreme case, very ill. She is highly contagious. So far other family members are okay but may show signs earlier next week. Doctors were really sure it was Coronavirus and surprised them with the test results.

So everyone besides Coronavirus these is Influenza B and A That also are just as serious for people.

sending healing vibes!

The two major university’s in my town have now closed and will be online. We are going to still be working but not sure until when. Normally I would be laid off in May. Assuming we will be within a week or two now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member