Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
the only thing TS had to hang onto was nobody knew where gannon was.
its now all gone. every morsal of control she demanded and commanded.

I think this pleases me more than her even being arrested.:cool:
keeping gannon from his family hid the depth of her uncontrollable jealousy and now has exposed the depths of her evil.

its been the highlight of a very trying week for the world.

moo

I bet she screamed and howled with frustration and rage when she was notified. Not just because of what it means for the trial, but even more so because in her mind, it means Landen wins, and she can no longer torture her with the unknown, or keep control. I truly believe inflicting pain on Landen, and eventually Al, became a huge factor for LS once she knew this wasn’t going to spin her way.

We were all waiting and holding on to even a shred of hope that she would find compassion or logic enough to confess and disclose Gannon’s location for a plea deal. Nobody is hanging on to her every word any more! Now that we know Gannon is finally coming home, she can rot forever and never utter another word, imo.

OMG @Kismet7 , you are right! Like you, I don't use SM either, but I recall (from somewhere) TS stating that LH was behind Gannon's disappearance. What a wicked, wicked being.

GANNON...

When I Tell my other siblings that baby sister is a sociopath, they believe, at the worst, that I exaggerate.

She created a huge rift, those defending her, and those who believed me.

They think, “she’s the baby, we spoiled her” (not me, simply because of age difference) So, they enabled her, w/o understanding, but somehow felt responsible, for her behavior.
My mother knew something was wrong, undefinable. I was 55 when I applied the correct definition to her.

So, I prefer to keep an open mind, Letecia may have defenders, she may have those who avoid, she may have already created that splitting/ rift.

We know there is some FB info, but that may be tip of iceberg.

I really do want to be able to compare our family backgrounds, as I know my sister probably had one of the most nurturing upbringings/environments, vs questions about LETECIA’s.

I think my sister married an Al Stauch, first and only, husband at a young age. He may HAVE tried to leave her, at the time of our family division.
I have suspicions, but no proof, and her children were adults.

My own children thought maybe I should have tried a little harder to keep the peace.

They KNEW Aunt s e w s ew, was that way, why had I changed?

I was too busy fighting for the prize, ( our mother’s health) , to explain.

I prefer more info.

It IS possible that Letecia had packed Uhaul, by herself, told THEM, Al helped her.
they thought they were hauling half a household of furnishings, which never got opened.

I wonder if LETECIA and Al had a storage unit w/ overflow household, she may have
stuffed them around...

I can wait for some details.
Right now, the only person I hold accountable is LETECIA.

Her actions before and after, clearly prove she knew her actions were WRONG!
I would never pass juror selection.

just...Gannon

Last edited:
BBM
Maybe. But if Spencer's info is correct and she had a moving van on the 31st, that says to me she'd decided to leave by 1/31 or more likely before 1/31.

It may be the van was for HH's stuff or it could have been for things that had been put in storage when TS came to CO. But it was for something. And whatever it was for, those things weren't going to be moved into a CS hotel room. Nor were her SC relatives likely to hang around in CO. So if she'd decided to leave, why wait until Monday to do it? JMO

I think I remember her being in town a few days past that-I don’t know if she got a storage unit and stayed in a hotel, or if they did take off right then for SC. That’s likely as well. Could just be that she took a few days to get to Florida with the whole caravan, or they took a normal route to SC and she took her detour. No way to know yet. I wish we knew when she left town.

Last edited:
You’re *

If I have to live with my post forever having my least favorite grammatical error as a typo, I’m at least going to correct it here. Lol
I just laughed entirely too much! Best post ever! And I very much need a good laugh, this quarantine situation is getting to me...

Last edited:
That’s the problem with us speculating because everyone is assuming that bc they were all together during this interview, that they all travelled together to SC. What if they didn’t travel together and she rented or borrowed a completely different vehicle and went to SC on her own. If I knew I had to get rid of a body and didn’t want it to be found, I’d find a reason to go on my own to SC bc the more people that knows the more likely someone will talk.
Or if they all did travel together, they may have taken turns driving. That was a long trip. She may have been alone even if for a portion of the time.
I’m a female and not in great shape but I don’t think I’d have trouble lifting or pushing that amount of weight. It’s not impossible by any means.

As far as driving as a caravan goes:

Last year I helped a relative move the remaining items from her old house four hundred miles to her new house (both in California). Originally, we were going to meet every two hours and trade driving the U-Haul truck. I started first, driving the U-Haul and after an hour texted my relative that the truck refused to go more than sixty-one miles per hour, and it would be miserable for her to keep to my pace. She blew past me and waved about a half-hour later. There was only one bad bit on the route, the Grapevine, and the rest of the trip was tedious but routine. It took me almost twice as long to drive it as my relative did since I took plenty of rest breaks. Just because they started out together doesn't mean that they stuck together.

Curious, (apologies if this question has been asked and answered)
What are the legal formalities/procedures of informing a murder suspect
or their attorney that a body has been found?

I would like to know if she has been informed.

BBM:

Agreed.

The Endorsed Witness List and LE's extensive search activities in CO support the conclusion that LE either didn't have contemporaneous knowledge of TS making the trip to FL, or else they didn't conceive of the possibility that she could have been transporting GS's body with her.

Had LE been tailing/tracking TS's movements in CO, they would have seen her when she returned to wherever she'd left GS's body prior to leaving town.

It does appear to have been a dropped ball by LE.

Fortunately, it didn't cost them as dearly as it could have.

JMO.
If we learn that she wasn’t being tracked, then that would appear to be a mistake on the part of law enforcement. It’s important to know where your prime suspect is.

Tailed, is another matter entirely. It would be both logistically difficult, and impractical, to follow someone across the country. Don’t forget, her arrest didn’t come until nearly a month later.

Now, once we learn her movements beforehand (moving the body, etc), that could change.

I want to know what was being done in the immediate hours and days following Gannon’s disappearance.

Thanks for the heads-up on that!
I'll go delete my op.
I need to go check Oviedo's timeline again.
I’m a number of pages behind so this may already have been asked and answered :)
RD’s video emerged on Sunday, Feb 2 in the media, but I would imagine it would have been mentioned to step-thing before it was released by the media. Are we aware of the date RD showed AS the video? I can’t imagine he didn’t confront her once he knew she had told a VERY big, bad lie . I know I would have regardless of LEl. JMHO

Curious, (apologies if this question has been asked and answered)
What are the legal formalities/procedures of informing a murder suspect
or their attorney that a body has been found?

I would like to know if she has been informed.

Oh, she absolutely knows.

I imagine law enforcement in Florida contacted law enforcement in Colorado, who then contacted the DA’s office. The DA’s office would then inform the defense, who would notify their client.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she heard beforehand though, via communication with her family or through the jail grapevine.

If we learn that she wasn’t being tracked, then that would appear to be a mistake on the part of law enforcement. It’s important to know where your prime suspect is.

Tailed, is another matter entirely. It would be both logistically difficult, and impractical, to follow someone across the country. Don’t forget, her arrest didn’t come until nearly a month later.

Now, once we learn her movements beforehand (moving the body, etc), that could change.

I want to know what was being done in the immediate hours and days following Gannon’s disappearance.

BBM:

Understood.

My concern isn't that LE in CO didn't tail TS all the way to Florida.

My concern is that they don't appear to have been tailing her in Colorado.

At some point, TS went back to her initial dump site in CO and retrieved GS's body.

Had LE been physically monitoring her movements at that time, obviously, LE would have observed her picking up his body, and both arrested her and recovered him at the same time.

JMO.

Last edited:
Oh, she absolutely knows.

I imagine law enforcement in Florida contacted law enforcement in Colorado, who then contacted the DA’s office. The DA’s office would then inform the defense, who would notify their client.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she heard beforehand though, via communication with her family or through the jail grapevine.

Thank you very much!

By the 29th (really, since the 26th) she was "on the run." She was moving about unpredictably and, after about January 30, without her own car. She was staying in a hotel apparently (as the news media figured it out and made her mad by showing up), but I think MSM found out about that from a neighbor and LE may have found out at the same time (by interviewing neighbors - this takes time).

So on Monday, police drop by and buy her BS that Gannon is a runaway, but of course, begin the process of suspicion. AS immediately plans to return. On Tuesday, she ditches her own vehicle for a rental car - obviously, if LE had in fact put trackers on her SUV and on the truck, she then evades that and they only know she went to the airport. We really need to really factor in that she's super-evasive from the beginning.

I do wonder when LE caught up with her and grilled her. Probably after she returned that rental car on Wednesday (which would account for her being upset about her "rights" when she gives the interview). The interview was broadcast on Jan 31 (someone correct me if wrong) and was possibly collected the night of the first vigil (which means that LS returned one rental car on Wednesday and picked up a U-Haul - probably went to the U-Haul place in the rental).

Spencer Wilson did not make a special trip to Lorson Ranch to talk to LS, he was already there to cover a vigil, is my understanding (there was another one on Friday, but that's too late for the Cousin It interview, as it was broadcast on Friday IIRC).

LE couldn't have known right away that she had a rental car from the airport, which she drove to get another rental vehicle. By the time they see Spencer's interview, if they noticed the portion of the UHaul that's visible, there was no logo or sign it was actually a U-Haul, only that it was some kind of utility vehicle.

IOW, she evaded a tracker device if one was placed and was very cagey about getting out of state without LE on her tail. They were looking desperately for Gannon and for evidence that would allow them further powers against LS. The video gave them that - but that doesn't happen until Feb 3, which is approximately when LS leave CO (she probably left on Feb 2).

I agree with most everything you've outlined. I just want to add from reading the early main stream articles, I believe The FBI was involved the week Gannon went missing when it was announced he was listed as Missing/Endangered instead of a Run-away. This is when I believe all the surveillance video from neighbors was gathered. I remember a quote of his something to the effect of LE/FBI saying "this was the break they needed."

That's when I think Gannon's classification changed. I think this happened several days before AS saw RD's video. I'm not certain of this, so maybe one of you have figured that out from the media thread.

If we had stand up comedy night here on WS, yo
If you don't mind hearing from birdies, you could leave that hypothesis open (maybe she did take furniture?) It was a pretty good sized moving van thing. Some got a look inside, I think. We don't know what was in
Agreed 100 percent!!!! How could 4 people not know something? According to Spencer, the young man was originally driving the van. So, what was in the van? He would have known. And she got in a different car with the aunt. Picking up a suitcase over the guardrail is hard. A man could do it easier than TS could. Someone absolutely knows something. IMO
Does anyone know if if the moving van had refrigeration?

I just found myself thinking "Boy, won't some of those family members be unpleasantly surprised at the things that come out when this trial commences?"
Going to listen now, just WOW! I believe LS family fully aware she’s suicidal and remained with her and around her to prevent such a choice. I, unfortunately, was a victim to a suicidal individual with a gun, who did not follow through. I felt like a hostage. I’m glad she’s locked up to never hurt anyone again. Victims everywhere she goes!

I thought that RD offered LT a chance to see the video but she declined saying that he had left the house in the other direction so no need. Because several of us questioned how she would known what direction he went when he left because she said she was in the basement exercising.

I’ve searched everywhere for a written transcript, but all I can find is this story which has an audio clip at the top. It has the neighbor RD talking about offering to show TS his footage ( before he found the incriminating stuff of course ) and her refusing his offer. It starts at about 25:00.
‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]

I agree with almost everything you say (especially that first bolded statement). But on the second bolded statement - we do know that she had 4 people with her in Lorson Ranch. Even if the help was only driving a car, they were involved. Gannon was either in the car or the truck and they were there. Four people.

It would be hard to put four people in the cab of a U-Haul and I doubt that any of them rode illegally and unsafely in the back. I think LE wants witnesses outside that group of 5 (one of whom is LS). The other 4 are probably uncooperative right now and may be facing arrest for all we know (see that last charge). So - did LS take the U-Haul by herself to Florida? Was it a U-Haul that pulled over on the side of the highway? Kind of conspicuous, but OTOH, UHauls pull over all the time and it was likely the middle of the night. We know that rental cars have trackers, but do UHaul vans? I think they may not.

So the young man would have had to get into the sedan and LS would have had to taken the U-Haul - what possible explanation would she have for that? They had to know. Even if she told them she wanted to stop by a rally in Florida or whatever, they had to have been so super suspicious that it is absolutely not believable that they didn't know or suspect what was going on.

Because those four people did not get into the U-Haul and LS did not, IMO, drive off in the sedan. It seems clear LE knew somehow that they'd gone off in that direction so maybe U-Hauls do have tracking these days (would make sense, don't know).

GANNON..

I am not sure how much news coverage was given, outside Colorado?

I was in SC and we were heavily focused on Faye Swetlik( not sure of her dates?)

They absolutely overlapped for awhile It was reported as a runaway, less dramatic than 6 yr old abduction.

Reading further posts, w/ more info
PLEASE, do not take my previous posts as
defending Letecias family?!

However, knowing baby sister as I do, no way in Whell would I have been helping her move under the circumstances...my other siblings are big into denial...

She could have been so distressed, radio noise “would have upset her”, etc.
I have lots of questions, I am going to start writing them down, in a big notebook.

GANNON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member