Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Really, we don’t want to see what’s happening here, happening in the United States,” said nurse Kelly Sites. “It can happen and it can happen quickly. It literally was three weeks before Italy, from day one to where we’re at now has been about 3.5 weeks — and happened very fast and it multiplied. The restrictions are placed on the United States aren’t for panic or hysteria, it’s a public health strategy.”

‘It can happen quickly’: U.S. nurse volunteering in Italy warns Americans

I'm curious if there are still a large amount of US citizens who still fervently believe that the response is a huge over reaction. I can only imagine that for some, the scope of the problem will only be realized when it hits VERY close to home. Imo
BBM- Unfortunately, my in-laws, including my 93 yr old
Mother -in -law believes it is a Media ploy and that our President is playing it up to the media as a huge media hype.
Unbelievable-- We keep telling her to stay home, don't let anyone over as she keeps calling people to come visit, she has a cleaning lady, she called her handyman to come install something and wants everyone to drive her to her hair salon (which is closed) and to the stores.
Apparently, she just doesn't get it and she doesn't care.
I do not and cannot understand that mindset at all.

I hear ya! I'm in Hampton Roads! It was rainy and 49 degrees here yesterday, not exactly a nice day to take a walk IMO

I just spoke with the Lt. Governor Fairfax, chief of staff, requesting admittance to to Northam presser.

I plan to attend tomorrow provided I am approved to be admitted.

Waiting on call back with details and clearance....#thankyouLTGOVFairfax

That is definitely not how it works. People of faith need the connection that they have with God, I understand that. But there is away to do it and stay safe...and not depend on God to cure them if they catch it..or make it go away. It seems irresponsible to say.

I have always wondered - if God were able to cure this or to end it, why would God let Coronavirus even be here in the first place?

All MOO
DBM. There's a lot I could say....
Do not agree with the pastor! That's outrageous to me! Prayer works!!!

ETA:: Prayer works everywhere! Not just at church. Inside your house, alone, with family, outdoors, ANYWHERE even in the situation we are in (isolated). It IS needed, just stay home and do it.

MOO

Last edited:
BBM- Unfortunately, my in-laws, including my 93 yr old
Mother -in -law believes it is a Media ploy and that our President is playing it up to the media as a huge media hype.
Unbelievable-- We keep telling her to stay home, don't let anyone over as she keeps calling people to come visit, she has a cleaning lady, she called her handyman to come install something and wants everyone to drive her to her hair salon (which is closed) and to the stores.
Apparently, she just doesn't get it and she doesn't care.
I do not and cannot understand that mindset at all.

Does she think the whole world is in on it? That's what confuses me the most, people saying it's a hoax and it's because it's an election year. In the US, yes it is. But is it also in Italy, China, Spain, the UK, Korea, etc., etc? CNN does not have the power to coordinate this kind of global effort just to... whatever these people think the end game is, get attention/make the President look bad/make the stock market crash/????

It looks like for the second day in a row, the US Senate is voting down, advancing a Bill for a vote, that would bring financial aid to the American people and American businesses, in this time of National crisis........ I will now sit on my hands in disgust......moo

Fauci says he doesn't exactly know what Trump was referencing when he tweeted this morning to take Hydroxychloroquine & azithromycin together for COVID-19, possibly a single study.
But Fauci stresses that's based on "anecdotal" evidence and hasn't yet been approved.

Meredith Lee on Twitter
It can be confusing. I wish that non medical experts would defer to medical experts, especially in this situation. I can't see any danger in that communications strategy. Imo

I'm curious if there are still a large amount of US citizens who still fervently believe that the response is a huge over reaction. I can only imagine that for some, the scope of the problem will only be realized when it hits VERY close to home. Imo

The only person I know of who thought the media focus on the virus was overblown and political during an election year was a client in the nail salon on March 10. She and her husband had just returned from a trip to Key West, and her daughter had 180+ guests confirmed for an April wedding (not sure of date). I'm guessing the wedding has been postponed, and the bride, mother-of-the-bride, and bridesmaids will not be getting their nails done as a group at the salon. Michigan is now among the states with stay-at-home order that includes limited social gatherings. Hopefully, the woman knows now that the response is not a huge overreaction.

:eek:
Unbelievable !!!
Some of our churches here are doing Sunday service via Facebook Live.
Remote services is a pretty smart idea, I thought. JMO

In the 1950s and 60s, the Archdiocese of Detroit featured Sunday morning Mass for shut-ins on a local TV station. I remember watching Mass on TV when on a handful of very rare times that my family could not get to Mass in our church.

I'm torn regarding the 'test everyone' vs 'test only those with Covid-19' symptoms. The reality is that there are some people out there who have contracted the disease and survived. They have immunity now.

If things get so dire that supply chain industries have a dearth of employees to sustain production, it would be advantageous to designate some of these people to work to maintain not only medical and food supplies for the general population but to keep the economy chugging along, albeit at a reduced rate.

I think research on finding an antibody test is just as important as finding a vaccine.

Have antibodies been identified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member