Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LeBlack
I measured the lower edge of the guard rail to be 15"-16" off the ground. It is kind of hard to be precise because it is curling under. Anyway, I would say anything over 16" wouldn't fit under there. About the cameras on billboards, I'm still not sure from looking, but I did find traffic cameras on this website Live Traffic Cameras & Local Road Conditions | WeatherBug The camera listed as #5 looks promising, US 90 e/o High Rise Bridge, but it says temporarily unavailable. If that one was working it would be bound to capture travel to and from the site if nothing else.

Let's look at this another way:

Something happened Sunday night. Blunt force or stabbing injury....

TS finds herself with a decision to make. Clearly she chooses HERSELF.

JMO it seems likely she would've medicated him at this point. Not to treat an injury, not to provide him comfort, but to keep him immobilized and quiet while she tried to figure out her next worst decision.

I have to wonder if she'd hoped to overdose him.

I have to wonder why she didn't leave with Gannon during the night.... girls asleep. Gannon, injured, drugged, dying, she could've done everything she did by day under the cover of night....

Which makes me think she expected him to expire overnight....

I have to believe her options were restricted by the population in her house.

She had to be working out a story to fit a rapidly changing set of details...

Could she have plotted/concocted the runaway story overnight? But why? The girls likely saw him last Sunday night... so if she disposed of him overnight, she could have stuck to her He Left To Go To A Friend's House / He Ran Away / He Left With Someone at 3:15pm story....

This leads me to wonder conversely if, at least the night before, she wasn't premeditating murder. Could she have spent the night cleaning up and repairing evidence of ABUSE while expecting him to recover? Drywall repair, banister repair, flooring repair, etc? At this point, maybe she wasn't covering up for eventual murder but for abuse??????

Because why didn't she remove/murder him overnight?????

Whyyyyyy wait until broad daylight?

My head hurts.

JMO

Let's look at this another way:

Something happened Sunday night. Blunt force or stabbing injury....

TS finds herself with a decision to make. Clearly she chooses HERSELF.

JMO it seems likely she would've medicated him at this point. Not to treat an injury, not to provide him comfort, but to keep him immobilized and quiet while she tried to figure out her next worst decision.

I have to wonder if she'd hoped to overdose him.

I have to wonder why she didn't leave with Gannon during the night.... girls asleep. Gannon, injured, drugged, dying, she could've done everything she did by day under the cover of night....

Which makes me think she expected him to expire overnight....

I have to believe her options were restricted by the population in her house.

She had to be working out a story to fit a rapidly changing set of details...

Could she have plotted/concocted the runaway story overnight? But why? The girls likely saw him last Sunday night... so if she disposed of him overnight, she could have stuck to her He Left To Go To A Friend's House / He Ran Away / He Left With Someone at 3:15pm story....

This leads me to wonder conversely if, at least the night before, she wasn't premeditating murder. Could she have spent the night cleaning up and repairing evidence of ABUSE while expecting him to recover? Drywall repair, banister repair, flooring repair, etc? At this point, maybe she wasn't covering up for eventual murder but for abuse??????

Because why didn't she remove/murder him overnight?????

Whyyyyyy wait until broad daylight?

My head hurts.

JMO

Re BBM
Just guessing. It probably took her all night to attempt to clean up any evidence of the abuse that hurt him bad enough to be bleeding. So by the time she had the house cleaned up as much as she could it was probably morning by then.

Also it could have been like you said where she may have purposely drugged him and expected him to die during night. But the strong young man pulled through and that may have surprised her to go to Plan B,C,D.

It is crazy how her stories changed about where he went. From what I recall reading here, I think you have it about right in the order of her stories changing.

"He Left To Go To A Friend's House / He Ran Away / He Left With Someone at 3:15pm story...."

What is so crazy about the last story about some stranger she thinks may have picked him up near the house. Its a crazy last ditch effort story because if you cannot provide any details about this mystery person then how and why would she even bring that up. Its like she gave herself away as being guilty there too. She starts talking about someone picking him up but has nothing to back that up. So where is that coming from except her imagination as she is starting to really panic by then and realizing she is being looked at by LE. Her next step after that. Run away to SC and try to hide the body better along the way.

Poor little guy. I wonder if that's what he dropped in the driveway while standing by the back door of the truck. The vision of him standing there looking helpless and the sound of his voice 'pinky promising' and groaning in pain and fear at the same time will stay with me for the rest of my life.

When I first watched that video, I had an immediate physical reaction. Seeing Gannon standing there, hesistant to get in the truck, caused me to actually whine in despair. I whispered to my computer - "don't get in, don't get in". The hair on the back of my neck went up and my body was on alert. When he did, I became so still. I just stared. When she comes back without him, my body recoiled and sagged. It was so final and I knew.

Watching a child walk to his own murder is ..... I can't find the word. All I know is Gannon Stauch will be with me forever and that video will haunt me until the day I day.

there was a repeating pattern across many of the threads here on WS and outside of it, it crosses all age groups and genders.
when family reports someone missing the approach of LE needs to change, regardless of wether a person willing leaves or not.
waiting 24-48hrs is counterintuitive to the process of case solving.
we all hear the first 48 is crucial in solving homicides, sadly many missing person cases end up being exactly that but much of the information and evidence can be lost or tainted because of that mentality to wait and see.
if a person has left of their own accord they have that right but the families should be informed the missing person is okay but unwilling to make contact.
if kids runaway they shouldn't be given time to fall foul of predators or their environment.
i am fully aware that most police stations are understaffed and under funded and this has to change, crime isn't reducing nor are accidents, LE need to be given the funding and support to be able to do their jobs to the best of their abilities, there needs to be more screening of officers to make sure they are emotionally and mentally suited to the area of LE in which they work. burnt out investigators miss things they shouldn't or ignore evidence or witnesses, taking the road of least resistance in investigative work should not be tolerated.
there are many many officers out there doing the best they can, but there are too many who are there for the wrong reasons and those who have either become too jaded or numb to take missing reports seriously when they are first filed.... too many lives are being lost and too many are never followed up on, for ever Gannon their are hundreds more who don't even make a blip on the radar, never make MSM never get the justice or resolution they deserve.

we need proactive not reactive missing persons task forces who are passionate about finding people, who treat the first 48hrs of a missing person the same way they would a homicide... because sadly many are.

He was dead already.

I understand the need to find someone or something to blame. But he was already gone before anyone even called the police. And there is only one person to blame for that, and she's in jail.

Using this case to say, "Well, they should've..." about what police should do differently for a missing child just doesn't work, because the outcome would still be the same.

I do believe what happened on Monday was all planned out.
I don't believe what happened on Sunday was planned out at all.

Here's why:

If everything that happened beginning on Sunday was planned, then there would be no evidence at the house.
TS would have simply driven him directly to wherever she was going to kill him on Monday.
The fact that there was evidence recovered from the home indicates that there was an initial assault there.
The fact that she wove so much detail r/t the garage, the side of the house, the key, etc., also supports the fact that something very bad happened in that home.
The horrific home video she shot also leads one to conclude that there was an attack at the house.

That initial attack on GS was rage-related.
We know TS has a history of violent assault as evidenced by her arrest record.

We also know GS was alive when he left with her Monday morning.
By that time, her rage had subsided, and she was acting with cold calculation.
She was marching him out to his execution in that driveway on Monday morning.

TS planned his murder in advance.
It was planned after the initial assault, though.
It was planned after she realized she had inflicted injuries that weren't going to heal naturally, and that couldn't be explained away.

TS's motive for killing GS was self-preservation.

She had hurt him, and she didn't want to suffer the serious repercussions that were coming her way once it was discovered.

I fully anticipate that this will be the theory of the crime that the DDA lays out before the jury at trial.

JMO.
Absolutely agree.

Wow. I would assume it’s a suitcase from the house that Al noticed was missing. I wonder if there will be an easy ballistics match as well. She’s such an evil idiot, so glad this case has unraveled somewhat quickly. Sigh :(

I don’t remember reading this, do you by any chance have a link to the article? Thanks.

Is anyone else rethinking the everything's-perfect-happy-hike photo that LS took on Sunday at Garden of the Gods? She murdered Gannon the very next day. I think her rage had been growing and growing over time. I wouldn't be surprised if she had imagined getting rid of him for quite some time (not necessarily planning, but more of an idea she fantasized about and had at the ready). She didn't like him. Why did she spend that day hiking with him and taking that stupid selfie with him? Did she intend all along to use it on a missing poster? I'd love to know when that poster was first created.

And now that we know a firearm of some sort was used, is the WS consensus that that's what she carried to the truck Monday morning? When RD's video came out there was some discussion about her carrying what looked like a soft sided rifle case.

I have always wondered on that hike if her plan was to stumble and fall accidentally into Gannon which would push him over the edge somewhere. There probably were too many people there to do that.

She must have been seething inside already to murder him the very next day. She never once thought of the consequences because she believed they would never catch her.

She wasn’t as smart as she thought she was. MOO

Not sure if this was posted or not but they say a "source" confirms the information

Body of 11-year-old Gannon Stauch found in suitcase, source confirms to 11 News he was shot and stabbed
She stabbed him in anger with a woodworking tool, and let him suffer all night until the next day, when she probably got him in the car under the guise of seeking medical attention but instead took him to the woods, knocked him out with a 2x4 and shot him to death like a wounded animal.
So, so sick.
JMO

Now that we know the back of head interview was recorded and shown at a later date, and now that we know she allegedly moved the body, possibly immediately after this interview...could the reason she chose to do this interview not facing the camera, be because she didn't want anyone to recognize her face as she drove the journey to Florida?

It's not like any witnesses wouldn't be able to put 2 and 2 together eventually... her actions prove all along she was never able to really think very far ahead ...imo...

I speculated this exact thing shortly after his body was found. Makes sense!

Yes, Lee says Tecia told Aunt Katrina that LE found Gannon’s Nintendo Switch somewhere not in his house.

Starts around the 35:23 sec mark.
That was one of the things of note, yes.

Another that I have not had time to check timelines to see if it pans out. HH told Leigh her Mom was pregnant and was in the hospital. So ... when did the interview with Leigh take place? Could this have been TS's cover story for her Florida absence? I don't have time to sniff this out, maybe someone else can pick it apart to see if it's possible.

He was dead already.

I understand the need to find someone or something to blame. But he was already gone before anyone even called the police. And there is only one person to blame for that, and she's in jail.

Using this case to say, "Well, they should've..." about what police should do differently for a missing child just doesn't work, because the outcome would still be the same.

This! And I'm positive that we will find that LE were able to discern certain things very early on to let them know something horrific had happened to poor little Gannon. Just because they didn't find his body right away and it did take some time to put all the pieces of the complex puzzle together doesn't necessarily mean that it could have happened sooner. I'm sure they were able to remove any chance of a run away/abduction by basic investigation. There were signs of trauma in the house, she kept him home from school, they went on a road trip,she tried to pre explain things that they may find (blood evidence etc) there was zero evidence of him leaving the house at the time that LS claimed he did. LS story was likely ever changing. Like you stated, He was already dead before the last person to see him alive even contacted them. They knew! But then they had to prove it with hard irrefutable evidence, that part takes time. This was never really a missing endangered child case, It was a murder investigation. Whether LE admitted that to the media is irrelevant IMO

There's a certain video someone made that I hope the jury will see, too. That reveals something that few murder trial juries ever get to see and hear.

IMO just the fact that TS released that heartbreaking video, thinking it would somehow vindicate her, is proof of how sick she is. And I don't mean incompetent sick.

Sick as in: odious, depraved.

The more time that passes, however, I think it was a calculated killing. T has shown zero ounces of remorse, most notably in the courtrooms. She is a stone-cold killer who mapped out every bit of what she did.

MOO.

I'm starting to believe that as well. The photo she took of the three of them on Sunday seems more than just a little bit contrived. But, if that's true, then she really wanted to torture him in addition to killing him. And, that bothers me immensely. MOO JMO

I'm thinking along the lines of how she let's little pieces of the truth leak out with her statements. She claimed he had stomach issues that day. I'm wondering if he was hit in the stomach with the blunt force object or stabbed in the stomach and that would explain some of the charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg