Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I kinda feel like I'm in a mushroom, in the dark and being covered with horse manure.
We all know where this is heading! Not exactly where or how it will end, but it wont be anytime soon.
If what Trump says is what people need to hear- ok then!
I can't imagine what they will feel like when they realize things aren't what they thought.
I am guessing it'll be like finding out there is no Santa, then realizing that the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy don't exsist either.
I remember that day well!
My cousin flat out told me, I was destroyed for days!
No internet or special effects back then, I knew he was telling me the truth!
Praying for anyone who thinks there is an expiration date to this virus anytime soon!
My dad (83) and my mother in law
(86) also live at home alone. They have no way to Facetime us or anyone else, but they are in their own home, not exposed to anyone else.
The appointments my mother in law had were all canceled, so all we can do is call them.
We might go and visit through the storm door for a little while this weekend since Georgia isnt on lockdown yet.
Then again I worry! What IF we had an accident? I don't want to be anywhere near a hospital! Not IN one no way!!!
Ooooo-saw everyone!
Moo
A Mushroom in the dark being covered by wash manure! Brilliant! Could not have described but I feel any better.

Hoping we see a downturn in numbers soon. My mother was supposed to have her lung removed today but it was cancelled last minute. We were informed that there were no hands at the hospital but they had tried. We are frantically trying to reschedule somewhere else. Needless to say... I'm emotionally drained and in a panic.

Please stay safe everyone.

BRAZIL.....INTERESTING....SOUND FAMILIAR.....must be a strategy

As a huge coronavirus crisis looms on Brazil’s horizon Bolsonaro goes on TV to boast of his physical prowess, denounce media “hysteria”, call for schools to be reopened and gratuitously mock the kind & wise Brazilian doctor Drauzio Varella. Strong and stable leadership. Tom Phillips on Twitter

Tom Phillips on Twitter

FAUCI: "Understandably, people want to get out of New York. They're going to Florida. They're going to Long Island... If you look at the statistics, it's disturbing. About 1 per 1,000 of these individuals are infected. That's about eight to ten times more than in other areas."

Ryan Struyk on Twitter
I don't want a lockdown, but I do think there needs to be some moratorium on travel to & from here. We in NY cannot go around seeding new hotspots.

It's difficult for our elderly folks. My 83 yr. old Mother In Law said last week she thought this would all be over in a couple weeks. I just said I think we are in for a bit of a haul. We are the only ones going over. My husband gets her groceries and she knows to have a list ongoing as we all are stocked up and don't need to go as often as we normally would. We call her when we are out walking and go to her back deck and stand and chat for a bit. We are all doing the best we can.
Honestly, I think my dad, and probably my step-dad, too, are going to die waiting this out. It’s a shame that their last months/year will be spent like this.

I agree. I kinda feel like I'm in a mushroom, in the dark and being covered with horse manure.
We all know where this is heading! Not exactly where or how it will end, but it wont be anytime soon.
If what Trump says is what people need to hear- ok then!
I can't imagine what they will feel like when they realize things aren't what they thought.
I am guessing it'll be like finding out there is no Santa, then realizing that the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy don't exsist either.
I remember that day well!
My cousin flat out told me, I was destroyed for days!
No internet or special effects back then, I knew he was telling me the truth!
Praying for anyone who thinks there is an expiration date to this virus anytime soon!
My dad (83) and my mother in law
(86) also live at home alone. They have no way to Facetime us or anyone else, but they are in their own home, not exposed to anyone else.
The appointments my mother in law had were all canceled, so all we can do is call them.
We might go and visit through the storm door for a little while this weekend since Georgia isnt on lockdown yet.
Then again I worry! What IF we had an accident? I don't want to be anywhere near a hospital! Not IN one no way!!!
Ooooo-saw everyone!
Moo

Yes, please be careful. Just posted about this. There are NO beds and no hands.

Vitamin C is contained in many fruits and vegetables that people should be eating anyway to promote good health.
Just one orange has about 100 mg of vitamin C, which is 130 percent of the daily recommended intake.
This reminds me of when Philadelphia implemented the sugar tax......lol...a woman was complaining of paying $5 for iced tea.......hehe.......

Hoping we see a downturn in numbers soon. My mother was supposed to have her lung removed today but it was cancelled last minute. We were informed that there were no hands at the hospital but they had tried. We are frantically trying to reschedule somewhere else. Needless to say... I'm emotionally drained and in a panic.

Please stay safe everyone.
I'm so very sorry about your Mom. I hope she can get her surgery soon. I know I speak for all here that you and your Mom are in our thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:
CT-Daily State Briefing 3/24/2020:

CT-N: Governor Lamont March 24th Briefing on the Coronavirus

View from the ground: No words to adequately describe the train wreck situation that seems to be playing out in CT orchestrated by Gov. Lamont for the poor folks living in Southern CT near NY border. Hard to watch these conferences every day but I will persist. No improvement in testing levels from State lab and no explanation why - No update on whether CDC testing kits have been received. No news from the DC delegation as to what they are doing for CT and its small businesses. CT now has at least 2 nursing home hotspots in Ridgefield and Upstate CT and its unclear whether all staff and patients have been tested. This isn't a difficult question to answer IMO, YET Gov Lamont refused to answer the question about what is being done to protect the residents and workers at these facilities (and their families who no doubt visited residents!). Was nothing learned from the tragedy in Kirkland, WA?

The Gov. was caught flat footed today on the issue of the Westport Party from a couple of weeks ago that has now created a COVID19 'hotspot'. The Town of Westport orchestrated its own testing via a private lab (they knew that CT Lab wouldn't be able to help!) for the party situation that resulted in a 'hot spot' of 40+ cases. Today Gov. Lamont seemed surprised to hear that the number of people at the Westport party was a much higher number than originally stated in the Press (more than 100 people were supposedly at the party). At the time of the party, the Board of Health people in Hartford and Gov. Lamont had NO CLUE what had happened in Westport. When Dr. Carrter was asked about the Westport situation a few days after it happened by the Press at one of these briefings, he said he had no awareness of the party. Stunning stuff is playing out and the gulf between the Northern part of the State and Southern part of the State simply gapes wider and wider every day and the situation with the Westport party which was written about in the NYTs yesterday is simply one such example unfortunately.

Total absence of proactivity from Gov Lamont to keep people safe via flattening the curve even though the situation in NY deteriorates by the day. No tough calls coming from Hartford and IMO sadly people will pay for this absence of leadership with their lives. Joke of the day at the meeting was that not one professional on the stage COULD OR WOULD say precisely how many ventilators are available in CT. Other sources estimate that CT has fewer than 200 ventilators presently for its more than 3.5 million residents. You just have to scratch your head and ask if CT did any forward planning as the crisis emerged for COVID19 in China way back in December, 2019? Doesn't look like it from the way things are looking at ground level.

The Gov seems averse to imposing any 'hard and fast' rules beyond the rule of no groups of more than 50 people and still has over 100 'exceptions' to the business closure rules. Why not mirror what is going on in NYC? Nope, not happening in CT.

So, beaches are open, parks are open, local police aren't consistently enforcing restaurant and bar closures and local parks show little evidence of social distancing guidelines and teen parties are ongoing as are pickup basketball and baseball and soccer.

The Press though are turning up the heat on Gov Lamont on issues such as assistance for individuals that lose health insurance such as has been proactively dealt with by the Gov of Ohio. Hartford CT has long been the 'insurance capital' of the Country and even though many of the insurance companies have moved to lower tax states in recent years, the power of the insurance lobby in Hartford is truly a factor that to outsiders is hard to understand. So, to today see the Gov. bow yet again to the insurance lobby rather than do what he could to help everyday working people and families in CT was hard to stomach. Today in the conference we saw YET AGAIN Gov. Lamont catering to his special interest lobby in the form of the insurance companies and the construction companies. Construction projects in CT haven't been shut down and many workers are afraid as they work in tight quarters with people, many of whom commute in from hard hit areas in CT and MA. Gov. Lamont refused to address the issue of indoor construction and instead focused on outdoor construction projects from another of his 'special interest friends'.....hard to watch this 'picking and choosing' playing out based on special interests and not on the welfare of workers or the citizens of CT.

Watching this absence of leadership from Gov Lamont play out in CT I do have to wonder how many COVID19 deaths it will take to enact strict guidelines that are seriously enforced to flatten the curve? Basic questions such as why CT hospitals are taking patients from NY now as the Fairfield County stats are in an uptick mode and more beds will be needed soon, remain unanswered by Gov Lamont today? Fairfield County has long had inadequate hospital beds for peak demand and so to see the situation that is evolving now will mean that in 1-2 weeks when CT residents will need access to critical care in CT hospitals that space will be restricted due to presence of patients from neighbouring NY where the virus has a jump of 1-2 weeks. Where will the COVID19 sick people of Southern CT go for treatment?

MOO

Some people in KY decided it was a good idea to have a corona virus party.
Now those geniuses are going to burden medical system. Tell me who deserves a ventilator? 60 year old observing social distancing, or 20 year old who went to corona virus party?
"The state has 163 coronavirus cases – 39 new from Monday — and one of the new cases is in someone who attended a coronavirus party, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Tuesday while taking the time to use it as a warning and admonishment to the state."
'Coronavirus' party led to new case, some more businesses to be impacted, 2,000 calls to hotline: Governor - ABC 36 News

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get