Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Bruce Max Willow been suggested? Height is off by 4". The resemblance to Denim's composite is especially striking, imo.
Missing: Willow, Bruce Max
Bruce Max Willow – The Charley Project

GetPhoto.aspx
GetPhoto.aspx
GetPhoto.aspx

Has Bruce Max Willow been suggested? Height is off by 4". The resemblance to Denim's composite is especially striking, imo.
Missing: Willow, Bruce Max
Bruce Max Willow – The Charley Project

GetPhoto.aspx
GetPhoto.aspx
GetPhoto.aspx
I personally don’t see much of a resemblance, other than that “dazed” look Bruce seems to have in those two photos. Mostly though, I think he’s too tall (6’1”) to be our guy.

Victoria makes a good point though, seeing what he looked like without a beard might help when comparing him to MP. Especially if he only had the full beard during his hike and not so much during his life before that.

ETA: Although I don’t think Bruce resembles the living photos of Denim, you are right in that he resembles the initial composite released by CCSO. FWIW

I don't think it will solve anything either, but it could help create interest.

Here's my version:

View attachment 240096
I looked up some of those codes. SP1 and SP3 are protein coding genes. Perhaps he wasn't a computer programmer at all.

Wiki: Sp3 transcription factor, also known as SP3, refers to both a protein and the gene it is encoded by. This gene belongs to a family of Sp1 related genes that encode transcription factors that regulate transcription by binding to consensus GC- and GT-box regulatory elements in target genes.

Sp2 Transcription Factor This gene encodes a member of the Sp subfamily of Sp/XKLF transcription factors. Sp family proteins are sequence-specific DNA-binding proteins characterized by an amino-terminal trans-activation domain and three carboxy-terminal zinc finger motifs.

Link: SP2 Gene - GeneCards | SP2 Protein | SP2 Antibody

Last edited:
I personally think they need to do a reconstruction/edit of him without a beard, as I imagine people could have known him without one.

When I look at the real photographs of him I find it hard to believe that family members, friends or coworkers wouldn't be able to identify him with a scraggly beard. There are so many images of him, healthy looking and alive that should be able to identify him.

What if BB wasn't a computer coder but a geneticist? Is it possible he was investigating genetic manipulation to cure an illness or hereditary congenital problems?

It's been a while since I've dropped into this thread but I seem to remember that he died of starvation. Healthy people don't die of starvation in the time period between the last sighting of him and his approximate date of death.

Another curious thing I discovered after hopping on the geneticist train was that in 2017 a famous doctor in China was trying to alter the genomes of couples who were trying to get pregnant through IVF . The males were infected with HIV and the hope was the altered embryo would ensure the child would be born immune to AIDS.

The ethics of gene altering was concerning since it could ultimately change our species. However, a few years earlier a US committee of National Academies of Science Engineering and Medicine thought it could be permitted if strict criteria were kept.

To make a long story short, it all blew up in the Chinese scientist's face. Here's a link to the story:
The untold story of the ‘circle of trust’ behind the world’s first gene-edited babies

What if BB is an American scientist who was either at that symposium or heard about it and was working on a code to alter his own genetic make up if he was HIV positive?

I looked up some of those codes. SP1 and SP3 are protein coding genes. Perhaps he wasn't a computer programmer at all.

Wiki: Sp3 transcription factor, also known as SP3, refers to both a protein and the gene it is encoded by. This gene belongs to a family of Sp1 related genes that encode transcription factors that regulate transcription by binding to consensus GC- and GT-box regulatory elements in target genes.

Sp2 Transcription Factor This gene encodes a member of the Sp subfamily of Sp/XKLF transcription factors. Sp family proteins are sequence-specific DNA-binding proteins characterized by an amino-terminal trans-activation domain and three carboxy-terminal zinc finger motifs.

Right! He could have been a bioinformatician! This means he would have experience in coding and biology. I did a MSc in bioinformatics a few years ago. Dunno how I missed this *facepalm*

What if BB wasn't a computer coder but a geneticist? Is it possible he was investigating genetic manipulation to cure an illness or hereditary congenital problems?

It's been a while since I've dropped into this thread but I seem to remember that he died of starvation. Healthy people don't die of starvation in the time period between the last sighting of him and his approximate date of death.

Another curious thing I discovered after hopping on the geneticist train was that in 2017 a famous doctor in China was trying to alter the genomes of couples who were trying to get pregnant through IVF . The males were infected with HIV and the hope was the altered embryo would ensure the child would be born immune to AIDS.

The ethics of gene altering was concerning since it could ultimately change our species. However, a few years earlier a US committee of National Academies of Science Engineering and Medicine thought it could be permitted if strict criteria were kept.

To make a long story short, it all blew up in the Chinese scientist's face. Here's a link to the story:
The untold story of the ‘circle of trust’ behind the world’s first gene-edited babies

What if BB is an American scientist who was either at that symposium or heard about it and was working on a code to alter his own genetic make up if he was HIV positive?

Wow, I don't know but thank you for sharing that article. So interesting!

Sciencemag.org is like a galactic source of neverending rabbit holes. I just spent hours on there & found my new favorite source for all things covid19! Woaaaahhhh.

Does this also explain the T1, T2, E codes he used??

I just realized the writings that appeared to be letters with circles around them... are, in fact, all circles. And, this is not what we see with a basic computer flowchart... generally, we would see some diamonds, ovals, etc. So, maybe this is much more engineering-related computing.

The thing that doesn't make sense is that if it was supposed to be an illustration showing protein interactions, we wouldn't see the symmetry that we see in the first sample of his notes :oops:
I agree with you about that fact. I know nothing about coding, either computer or genetic, but whenever I've seen samplings of genetic coding it's not symmetrical. I was just throwing out another possibility regarding his writing. Plus we have to remember whatever he WAS trying to record he was limited by the size of his writing pad.

T1 could be cyclin T1, T2 could be cyclin t2- both are involved in regulation of proteins that are key in the cell cycle / replication. Quite a long shot though. That automatically brings me to cancer, as the aim is to stop that proliferation of the cancer cells caused in part by the deregulation of some of these proteins.

T1 could be cyclin T1, T2 could be cyclin t2- both are involved in regulation of proteins that are key in the cell cycle / replication. Quite a long shot though. That automatically brings me to cancer, as the aim is to stop that proliferation of the cancer cells caused in part by the deregulation of some of these proteins.

Do we have the autopsy results?

As far as I know it's not legal in FL to make autopsy results public record... Think it was mentioned earlier in thread but not sure where. Either way I'm pretty much positive we haven't got access to the results :(

Glen Bartek has been added to the rule-out list:
Glen’s NamUs profile:
NamUs Number: MP28933

Demographics:
Missing Age: 46 Years
Current Age: 54 Years
First Name: Glenn
Middle Name: Michael
Last Name: Bartek
Nickname/Alias: --
Sex: Male
Height: 6' 0" - 6' 3" (72 - 75 Inches)
Weight: 200 - 210 lbs
Race / Ethnicity: White / Caucasian

Circumstances:
Date of Last Contact: July 11, 2012
NamUs Case Created: June 4, 2015
Last Known Location Map
County: Maricopa County
Circumstances of Disappearance:
Glenn Bartek previously lived in the area of 13th Street and Beth Drive in Phoenix, Arizona. He sold his car in Tempe in July 2012 and his whereabouts after that date are unknown. Family and friends are concerned for his welfare.
Circumstance Notes
Missing and Unidentified Persons Unit:
602-534-2121

Physical Description
Hair Color: Brown
Head Hair Description: --
Body Hair Description: --
Facial Hair Description: --
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description: --
Distinctive Physical Features
Item: Scar/mark
Description: Scar on forehead

Clothing and Accessories: --

Additional Case Info:
Transportation: --

3FB9A10E-4550-4BCF-BACD-26F7F61A20C9.jpeg 1C106E3D-BE6D-4026-84BD-7C7FC41D4B8A.jpeg 4C21A327-18A0-45A4-8F1E-B3267DE29930.jpeg
Glen’s current unidentified person exclusions:
B5EE2FEF-E2B2-45C4-9A5B-58CFE930C621.jpeg
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Denim/Mostly Harmless’ current missing person exclusions:
C2AD89DC-AFE2-4DF0-BF66-427C881B381E.jpeg 7BD24100-1B82-497C-8E51-76A269E8E9FE.jpeg
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa