Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is entirely based on what I've been reading and learning about the virus.

It gets into the liver, and don't quote me on this, but I think kidneys is a secondary point. The virus sits quietly multiplying and then attacks the lungs, and the nervous system is also compromised in some patients. This virus infects us but we have no symptoms for 1-2 days. We might sneeze, but we're not yet sick.

This is from a webinar earlier today - will post the link as soon as the podcast is published - so many ways that it kills.

The virus kills the cells, the immune system over-reacts and kills cells that are infected, both virus and immune system killing cells in our bodies that we need.

View attachment 241066

The cytokine storm I posted about several threads ago. It was a major factor in the 1918 pandemic. IIRC, the 'Spanish Flu' was called that because US newspapers were not allowed to comment on the flu due to WWI. Unpatriotic. But they could report on flu in Spain, ie; Spanish Flu.

Into the Eye of the Cytokine Storm

I know that children can die from COVID19, for many years I worked with children who were medically fragile. Children who were born prematurely, and always had numerous medical problems. Especially respiratory issues.

Child Dies, Tests Positive for Coronavirus in Los Angeles County

This type of journalism is sensationalist, and terrifies not only parents, but also children. They can read! They may not read the article, but see the headline. Not liking this.

The cytokine storm I posted about several threads ago. It was a major factor in the 1918 pandemic. IIRC, the 'Spanish Flu' was called that because US newspapers were not allowed to comment on the flu due to WWI. Unpatriotic. But they could report on flu in Spain, ie; Spanish Flu.

A cytokine storm is something I still have not fully understood how it goes out of control in the body. I know there are many articles on it so I just need to read about it some more to fully understand it.

I think it has something to do with the way our bodies attack the virus but then it somehow overloads our system with too much mucous and other things trying to kill off the bad things in our lungs. Sort of like a double edged sword. Our bodies trying to frantically fight the germ but its so out of control our body produces too much of a good thing (like Phlegm and mucous which serves an important purpose to carry out the germs from deep within our lungs so we can hack it out).

At least that is my basic understanding of it, so all JMO of course. I need to read up on it much more than i have.

Gosh I think I scared my 83 yr. old Mother In Law who I luv dearly. She was looking forward to going to her Daughter and Husbands on Sunday. Their Son and GF will be there as they are out of travel quarantine on Sunday. Also bringing along the 7 yr. old from his first marriage. So that's 6 people. Up 1 person from what has been handed down. A 7 yr. old is not going to respect distance and how are all these people going to have a meal together. I hit her with some harsh reality. She is mad that Trudeau has not ordered enough ventilators. My husband will get thru to her. I flat out told her you are putting yourself at risk, stressing our health care and those who love you and follow guidelines. I also told her if you need a ventilator you wont get one and neither will I or your Son (my husband). I cant believe my SIL and husband would put her at risk!!! End of my rant!

someone needs to tell them off and put a stop to it

I just got a text from my soon to be DIL. Her father was rushed to the hospital for a brain bleed. Her mother isn't allowed to be with him and she's falling apart. They're both in their 60s in poor health. My heart is breaking. If ever there was a time we all need to hold each other, the time is now. I hate this virus!

oh no! sending you hugs
I can't be with my dying dad in hospital right now either
it's terrible

@Bravo for the last six weeks, I have been the biggest "B" in this house. Telling my husband not to go to church, that I won't go to the store for him every day, that he can't go to the barbershop and see his friends. I forbid him to attend a funeral.

OMG! I can't imagine having to deal with children right now who can't go anywhere, or hang out with friends.

I know that children can die from COVID19, for many years I worked with children who were medically fragile. Children who were born prematurely, and always had numerous medical problems. Especially respiratory issues.

Child Dies, Tests Positive for Coronavirus in Los Angeles County

This type of journalism is sensationalist, and terrifies not only parents, but also children. They can read! They may not read the article, but see the headline. Not liking this.

Is The Daily Beast actually considered MSM here on WS??

This is GOLD for any Canadians trying to navigate the gov't benefits programs. It is compiled by Associate Professor Jennifer Robson, Political Management, Carlton University.

Benefit_information_3_27.pdf

that's great thanks for posting
I would like to see the gov't add mental health allowances for those who can't work or function properly due to the fear and stress of the situation

someone needs to tell them off and put a stop to it
Oh my Husband will speak to them. All he has to do it state something and they all listen. Not sure why since he is the youngest sibling lol Apparently my SIL is depressed being holed up. So what, we all are. She has never been clinically diagnosed as such for the record.

@Bravo for the last six weeks, I have been the biggest "B" in this house. Telling my husband not to go to church, that I won't go to the store for him every day, that he can't go to the barbershop and see his friends. I forbid him to attend a funeral.

OMG! I can't imagine having to deal with children right now who can't go anywhere, or hang out with friends.
LOL well the Sister to my Husband is older that we are and their Son and GF are in their 40's. Technically behaving like children.

That's funny - that the 1918 pandemic was given another name to appear more patriotic. The 2020 pandemic originated in China, there's speculation that the 1918 pandemic originated in the US. In any case, the world has seen two major pandemics in 100 years, and we don't know anything about the 2020 pandemic other than it could last a while, and the only way to defeat is to deprive it of hosts (people). Self-isolation is the only option that works at this time.

I adore them from afar. Like at the far end of our yard :D

I know they use sonar and are accurate flyers but they have gotten way too close for my comfort. Had a couple close calls where they turn at the last second right in front of you. Probably just chasing a bug but still. :)

I change out the outdoor porch lights every summer to those yellow colored anti-bug lights so that I help can keep the bugs and bats away from the doors at night as I have to go outside to let the dog out. Im always looking and ducking when needed if I see a bat. :)

I don't think any of us ever imagined there would be a day where a simple errand had to be broken down step by step with precautions in place. Seems so long ago when Amonet started this thread. So many, too many to thank educated us and kept grinding out the information. Day after day. Opinions and tips and support when needed. It was all here. I thank each and every one of you.

So my town has been doing the social distancing thing for close to two weeks already. Despite that, half the infected people are under the age of 40.

On our police Facebook page, they just posted about breaking up a large party of 50 young people (not because of the virus specifically, but because of a noise disturbance).
Same thing just happened here, in South Los Angeles, reportedly. I saw a local news report, with dozen or more patrol cars, at a very large 'block party' on the streets of LA. There had to be 100 or more residents, on the street, dancing and drinking. The cops responded to a 'man with a gun' call, but didn't find the man, but tried to break up the party, and some bottles were thrown at the cops.

It scared me to see that. as this lockdown is just getting started. :eek:

This virus could be linked to pangolin. The bat infected the pangolin, and people ate pangolins in China because it makes them look rich. They got sick with the bat virus, and then it mutated to human -human transmission. Bats and pangolins are mammals.

The L typee blue strain is more virulent, but it had a head start in Wuhan - the first epicentre. US, the third epicentre has both L type and S type mutations. It might just be a matter of time before each strain appears to have equal strength. S type seems weaker for now.

H1 is L type
H2 is S type
H3 is L tyle
H4 is S type
H5 is L type
H6 is L type
H7 is L type
H8 is S type.

View attachment 241065
I’ve never heard of eating something to make you look rich. The government in China should permanently ban wildlife trade.

Otto and 10ofRods thank you for explaining how both the bat and the pangolins can mutate this virus and pass it on to humans.

10ofRods your right pangolins should be kept by zookeepers only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti