Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t see a round of any caliber producing the amount of blood present in that room. I think it may have contributed, but doesn’t account for the majority of it.

If she did use a large caliber, I would expect it to exit the body. If it left the body, then there should be a bullet hole somewhere.

If it remained in the body, then she’s in bigger trouble than she already is (if that’s even possible).

Ballistics will allow them to link it to a particular weapon.
If she did use a gun in the basement I would be shocked if it was traceable. Well, not shocked but surprised. I’m sure she knows how to obtain an illegal firearm.

It is odd. RD said LE collected footage from the weekend and all day Monday Jan 27 from the neighbors on Sat Feb 1. So it would seem they would have had other footage before Feb 28, the date of the AA. Any chance Ring or other unknown brands overwrite sooner than 7 days?
JMO

just checked my ring and it went back to February 5th.

Thank you for that info @WestieMom!

So one would think with ALL the cameras in that neighborhood, LE would have plenty of footage showing definitively whether or not Gannon returned to the house AND the exact movements (date & time) of the cars & other occupants of that house from Jan. 25th forward.

MOO

According to this, they are saying that the rented Nissan Altima was utilized by LS January 30 - February 1.
For them to state that, I’m thinking they know it was returned to rental agency and never left town ? Her Aunt only rented it for in-town use? I guess we still don’t know what vehicle LS took to Florida. JMO

And did she return it in Fl. Just read 3500 rentals cars burned today during a huge fire in Fl. I thought, maybe someone who transported a dead body wanted to hide evidence.

So what's the common consensus here?

It was premeditated from the get go. Like she had planned to.kill.Gannon

Or
She abused him and decided she had to kill him to stop him from talking.

Would love to see a psychological profile on this woman.

Not only are these two men not real and imaginary.... she herself says twice she was the last person to see GS alive.
1) when she gave the Spencer interview.
2) it states in #22 "based on the facts outline below and Leticia's statement to dispatcher, Leticia is the last person that ever saw Gannon alive."

Yeah she started off with the wrong lie....it's hard to go from a simple lie to one that is grandiose and expect anybody to believe you. .

I wonder if LS saw a television segment showing Quincy Brown being on the most wanted list ( he exists) and that's when the idea popped up in her head.

Yeah she started off with the wrong lie....it's hard to go from a simple lie to one that is grandiose and expect anybody to believe you. .

I wonder if LS saw a television segment showing Quincy Brown being on the most wanted list ( he exists) and that's when the idea popped up in her head.

I googled him and he was in the COS news just a few days before she passed that onto AS. But she would have been in SC by that time so I have to assume she was actively searching something based on what SM was chatting about and found his name.

Even if RD's footage was inconclusive about whether Gannon returned to the house with LS that afternoon, it's hard to conceive that another neighbor's camera did not. That neighborhood is FULL of cameras & I was sure that a neighbor from the other side or across the street would have better footage of Gannon if he did, in fact, return. It sounds like LE thinks he did, but they did not go as far to say that they are 100% sure about this. Or am I not understanding the AA correctly? Obviously there's a lot of footage (RD's & others') that we don't know about.

I'm still having a really difficult time wrapping my head around LS bringing Gannon back to the house alive that afternoon! :confused:

Your post just made me realize something. Not only were there many cameras on their street, but on other streets too, as well as potential witnesses, dog walkers, joggers, etc. If LE has no proof he was in that truck when she returned home that even reinforces my theory more strongly. I say she near-mortally wounded him sometime between 8-10, and he never returned at least alive and sitting up in the cab of truck that day. If he came back at all it was dead in the bed of truck in suitcase on board. imo

SBM.
Just like the other Cluster B disorders, NPD is diagnosed when a person meets 5 of a specific list of criteria.
Narcissistic Personality Disorder:

-A grandiose sense of self-importance
-Preoccupation with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, etc
-Belief that one is special and can only be understood by or others who are equal
-A need for excessive admiration
-A sense of entitlement (special treatment)
-Exploitation of others
-A lack of empathy
-Arrogance
-Jealousy of others and/or belief others are envious

While I don’t believe LS would be Dx’d with NPD based on what I know, all Cluster B Personality Disorders share commonalities, vary in severity based on the individual, and can occasionally be diagnosed primary/secondary even across clusters.
Thanks @MerryB!

We now know she was applying for jobs in Florida. It would have been easy to tell the other people in the caravan that she had to divert to Florida for a day or two for some promising job interviews. I can imagine a split like that seeming innocent to the others on that journey back to SC.

Right and she was searching for jobs in Pensacola Beach too.

Remember that autistic guy who murdered his grandfather and mother on separate occasions close together so he could inherit the family fortune? He represented himself in court and never batted an eyelash. Zero remorse. And this other guy with a learning disability described as a nice guy until one day he snapped and beat his roommate to death with a baseball bat. Maybe she’s got some kind of childlike intellect. We usually assume that would be innocence and butterflies and flowers, but not necessarily. Not if you combine it with a lifetime of desperation and exposure to the seething underbelly of society. Maybe a childlike mind doesn’t do well in those conditions. I don’t know. All I know is there is something definitely wrong with her brain.

Wow, you're right. Like a fairly smart child. Knows how to drive a car pretty well, can rent a car and knows what a credit card is, how to get burner phones, multiple vehicles, get appropriate family help from SC, knows how to shoot a semi-automatic.

But otherwise really...dis-assembled in thinking and that's okay - for most of us. It's great to have a childlike imagination. I wonder if she's one of those people who was thinking (when she was 7 years old), "I wish those people would just disappear!"

Remains odd then the AA speaks only of one ambiguous video. I realize not all evidence they had then was cited in the AA but I would have liked to know there is clear evidence GS came back. If they plan to use other videos at trial, they'll have to share with the defense anyway so I don't get it.

JMO

I don't think they do have video showing definitively one way or the other that he came back, at least not at the time of the affidavit.

The whole narrative was to prove what they believed happened, which was that the blood in that room proved he died there.

If there were video evidence that showed conclusively that he left that vehicle, I think they would have mentioned it to prove he died in the house. It would add weight to their theory and would need to be in that document.

In their own words, they cannot be sure he exited that vehicle.

But that's the only time it registers locked or unlocked. There are sections of time where she's not on her phone 3 hours or 4 hours at a time. And it never registers locked or unlocked.

I find this very odd this is exactly the moment that she's leaving to do a suspected killing, and the exact moment she comes back from a suspected killing
I am bolding my own post. I knew I needed to suspect this locking and unlocking of the phone!!!!

I know that I am way further behind on the affidavit than others, so I'm just catching on now to certain paragraphs.

#36 states: " Leticia's telephone was locked at about 9:56 a.m. on January 27th and unlocked at 2:45 p.m. on the same day. The timing of the unlocking of the device is significant as compared to her departure and arrival to and from the residence, and should be noted by the Court. Particularly, Leticia did not open her phone for approximately 30 minutes after she arrived back to the residence.

(I know that it says approximately, when you divide out the time it looks like about 23 minutes.)

Again if you're leaving with Gannon why would you lock your phone? Your daughter's at work your stepdaughters at school there's nobody else in the house. Why would you feel it necessary to deliberately lock your phone????

Thanks. I don't have one so I didn't know.

Remains odd then the AA speaks only of one ambiguous video. I realize not all evidence they had then was cited in the AA but I would have liked to know there is clear evidence GS came back. If they plan to use other videos at trial, they'll have to share with the defense anyway so I don't get it.

JMO

My opinion is that there probably is other video that showed certain things. But probably the most important things were what was not shown as another posted said up thread about the video that was referenced in the AA. There's certainly more video, it just wasn't likely relevant in securing the Arrest warrant IMO

I'm not sure anyone would buy her searching for jobs in Florida and relocating there while an investigation for her missing stepson was ongoing. I don't care how close she was with her family and or how much they wanted to believe in her innocence. That would seem highly suspicious to anyone IMO

I don’t see a round of any caliber producing the amount of blood present in that room. I think it may have contributed, but doesn’t account for the majority of it.

If she did use a large caliber, I would expect it to exit the body. If it left the body, then there should be a bullet hole somewhere.

If it remained in the body, then she’s in bigger trouble than she already is (if that’s even possible).

Ballistics will allow them to link it to a particular weapon.

How do I do NSFW or spoiler? Do not click on this link if you don't want to see blood spatter (not meant specifically for you, MassGuy, of course):

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/p...3OwFJ4bId0fqllISkJ2yC9CH1bKhbzcPE1upUB-w-snhA

I got lots more. I do think there should have been a bigger concentration near the head of the bed - but I think that may involve using different forensic markers, since LS obviously wiped it down.

Wipe down marks need to be studied and marked separately (sometimes using two different or three different chemicals - I think they mention that in the AA):

(Do not look if squeamish - here's a wipe stain:)

https://www.ifscolorado.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/20-Wipe-pattern-300x204.jpg

Without cleaning, we would expect a gunshot wound to the head, next to a wall, to look something like this:

(WARNING: more blood!)

https://listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/iStock-157286442.jpg

Having posted all that, and having fake blood in my lab and having had lots of fun with students pretending to be stabbed, which is easier to stage with stage knives than guns are - no way the college allows undergrads to have pretend guns)...and knowing some experts who testify in court on these matters...

Even the experts (especially when honest, when they are talking behind the scenes) say it's hard to interpret. This is a bit like that "owl did it" case back east.

The blood spatter in that case was easier to interpret, in some ways.

It's a fairly large pattern of scattered blood. I went with "not bludgeoning" because she would have had to have superhuman strength to do that and the mattress would have absorbed so much of the blow.

Just like everything else about this case, I bet the forensic experts will be able to replicate the pattern - but not on their first few attempts.

Too symmetrical to be stabbing with cast-off from the hand/blade (all kinds of other things say it's not stabbing - but in this case, she's so weird, it's hard to know for sure).

If stabbing (in the head), then she's way more psychotic IMO than she appears from all her other actions.

I'm not sure anyone would buy her searching for jobs and relocating to Florida while an investigation for her missing stepson was ongoing. I don't care how close she was with her family and or how much they wanted to believe in her innocence. That would seem highly suspicious to anyone IMO

I think her and her whole family may have been drinking from the same lead pipes growing up, just from how I heard SM convos were going.

So what's the common consensus here?

It was premeditated from the get go. Like she had planned to.kill.Gannon

Or
She abused him and decided she had to kill him to stop him from talking.

Would love to see a psychological profile on this woman.

^^All of the above, plus he may have been a witness to other activities/things in her worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves