Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act

Wondering about amt of your pending stimulus payment? In case you missed news.
"Firefighter waiting for $1,700 stimulus check finds $8 million in his bank account...
Charles Calvin told WGN that he went to the ATM this weekend to pull out $200 and discovered his receipt listed an available balance of $8.2 million. Calvin recounted putting his card in the machine again and seeing the same balance." first link below*
"Now the volunteer firefighter is left wondering if there was some sort of fluke and if taxpayers are receiving way more or less than they should.
“It kind of sucks,” he said. “You go from being a millionaire one second then back to being broke again. But hey, once you're poor you don't have anywhere else to go but up.”

Calvin still isn't sure if this was an error on behalf of the federal government, his bank or the particular ATM he used, but he said he's just glad he did end up with the amount he was entitled to." second link below **
Per bbm, he had a reasonable reaction to it
:) LOL.

{{ETA: The Private Forum thread for Travis' Sidebar Friends has factual info about the actual amts, w links to gov website, just fyi.}}
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Firefighter waiting for $1,700 stimulus check finds $8 million in his bank account: Reports
** Indiana man waiting for $1,700 stimulus payment sees millions in his bank account

Last edited:
I may have my son do the same as you as he normally owes due to receiving multiple 1099’s for soccer refereeing. I received the stimulus $ deposited in my account this morning but I had filed and received a refund for 2019 in early March.
so far - the website is telling me it doesn't have enough information - ETA: Payment status not available so I can't even entry my DD info...sigh...
Get My Payment | Internal Revenue Service

many are posting on the main thread that their money was direct deposited overnight - good news for some!! I am checking to see if my status changes - it takes awhile.

Last edited:
so far - the website is telling me it doesn't have enough information - ETA: Payment status not available so I can't even entry my DD info...sigh...

many are posting on the main thread that their money was direct deposited overnight - good news for some!! I am checking to see if my status changes - it takes awhile.
I'm getting the same message???
Payment Status Not Available According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time. For more information on the eligibility rules, see our Frequently Asked Questionspage.

It’s not only you. Both my old boss and my parents who are social security recipients and supposedly will receive the $ without giving additional info have not received anything and that site says it doesn’t have enough info for them either.

ETA - When I plug in my info it says that my money was sent to bank account # and gives the last four digits. I have a feeling it only gives info once they’ve sent the money. I have yet to see anyone say they don’t have the money yet and that the website says it has info on them.

Last edited:
Looking for coronavirus stimulus checks, some get ‘payment status not available’ error message

“A spokesperson for the Treasury Department said the “Payment Status Not Available” message means the IRS cannot determine eligibility, which could be caused by not filing a tax return in either 2018 or 2019. Taxpayers might also receive the error if they recently filed their return and it hasn’t been fully processed, according to the spokesperson.”

Well, that’s not the case for several in my family - so who knows.

Looking for coronavirus stimulus checks, some get ‘payment status not available’ error message

“A spokesperson for the Treasury Department said the “Payment Status Not Available” message means the IRS cannot determine eligibility, which could be caused by not filing a tax return in either 2018 or 2019. Taxpayers might also receive the error if they recently filed their return and it hasn’t been fully processed, according to the spokesperson.”

Well, that’s not the case for several in my family - so who knows.
Same. My son, my old boss and my parents all filed taxes in 2018 and 2019 so that doesn’t make sense.

So today's attempt at the IRS payment status portal returned this (after just one try):

Please Try Again Later
We are unable to provide you with the status of your payment or perform the action requested because:

• The tax return information you entered does not match our records; or
  • You have already accessed the system the maximum number of times today.
Please come back after 24 hours and try again

The SBA loan program money is gone
The government's small business loan money is gone. Now what? - CNNPolitics
Maybe this is why?
Large hotel, restaurant companies getting small-business loans want to spend less of the money paying workers
Snipped
Large hotel, restaurant companies getting small-business loans want to spend less of the money paying workers
By [URL='https://www.orlandosentinel.com/os-jason-garcia-bio-staff.html#nt=byline']JASON GARCIA

ORLANDO SENTINEL
APR 15, 2020 | 5:30 AM

The Pennsylvania investment firm that owns the Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove in Miami has applied for as many as 48 taxpayer-backed loans under an emergency program meant to help the nation’s smallest businesses hang on to their employees through the coronavirus pandemic.

A Maryland hotel company that did more than $1.5 billion in revenue last year has applied for more than 50 loans — and been approved for about 10 so far.

And Winter Park’s Ruth’s Hospitality Group Inc. — the parent company of Ruth’s Chris Steak House that made $42 million in profits last year and spent $41 million buying back stock and paying dividends to shareholders — revealed Monday that it has received $20 million through two small business loans.

Across the country, hotel and restaurant companies of all sizes are tapping into the “Paycheck Protection Program,” the $350 billion fund that Congress set up specifically for small businesses as part of an overall $2.2 trillion economic rescue plan.
—-
Florida’s governor was very critical of how those loans got disbursed in his presser yesterday (I heard it on the radio driving home from my essential job) even citing law firms got them when they could work remotely and still be open as essential - he wanted the money to go to small businesses who had to close completely IMO
[/URL]

Small towns in Nebraska were left out of the SBA PPP program. Even though small businesses started the applications with their local bankers early, bankers had questions on how to proceed and didn't receive any help from our state, forms were revised which needed to be refiled, bankers told mom & pop businesses that there were several larger business accounts before them, and now the money is gone. One business said they were only one of five businesses left on mainstreet. These people weren't even asking for grants, just a loan to keep them from closing and walking away. Yet our governor insists on keeping businesses closed in rural counties that don't have any cases of virus.

MOO

I want to know where the money went - a friend had their application in before the start of the program and all of the required documents and still missed out on the money - bank says maybe next round...the governor of FL singled out law firms for getting the SBA money last Friday - and they can operate remotely - I hope there is some accountability to how these funds were disbursed so quickly, by who (which banks) and how much they were. I'm so disappointed for the real small businesses who cannot even open because they are not essential
JMO

Bringing over from the main thread, thanks @Cool Cats. :)

Why you haven't received your coronavirus stimulus check yet
Published Mon, Apr 20 2020 1:03 PM EDT
106496979-1587395949198mailman-delivering-the-mail-nominated_t20_lzr4ko.jpg

If you haven’t updated your direct deposit information and typically file taxes, the agency says to do so via its Get My Payment tool up until the tool indicates your payment has been processed.

If you don’t normally file a tax return, you can use the agency’s non-filers tool to update your information. Direct deposit is the quickest way to get your payment: Those who provide it by Thursday of one week reportedly will be paid the following week, per the memo.

I’m feeling rather “unstimulated”...I haven’t received my “stimulus” check yet, am I the only one? I did file for 2018 but not 2019 yet. Does anyone know if they’ve mailed any checks out yet or what the deal is, tia. I mailed in payment for 2018, not directed deposit.

I’m feeling rather “unstimulated”...I haven’t received my “stimulus” check yet, am I the only one? I did file for 2018 but not 2019 yet. Does anyone know if they’ve mailed any checks out yet or what the deal is, tia. I mailed in payment for 2018, not directed deposit.
same and I even tried to get on the DD bandwagon by making a small online payment with my ACH bank information - nothing yet for me.

same and I even tried to get on the DD bandwagon by making a small online payment with my ACH bank information - nothing yet for me.

It doesn’t look like people who owed on taxes previously have been sent stimulus money yet but then again neither have SS recipients who have repeatedly been told the government would use the same bank account information that the SS administration uses to issue monthly payments. I read that one should try this link once per day until it shows that you are eligible and then it will allow you to put in your bank direct deposit info.

Thank you for the responses :)

Bringing these responses over also from main thread:

Welcome to Fillable Forms

The above website will allow you to add your checking account information and allows address correction. Since you paid tax, your Direct Deposit information is not on file. Otherwise, you will receive a check later in May. IRS is trying to reduce the number of mailed checks, due to risk.

I've heard thru the grapevine, it only takes a few days to receive payment.

Moo...

Still waiting after updating banking information the day the site opened for this. Same for 2018 taxes

No. We can’t even input our banking info.

I filed 2019 and 2018, but did not provide bank routing because I didn't get a refund. The website says my refund will be mailed this Friday, 24th.

get-my-payment
The government website, link above ,will give you the answer. I got the stimulus payment by direct deposit April 15, , the irs has my bank account number.

I’m right there with you. I owed a great big $4 last year so no direct deposit information for me either.

According to this article checks will begin mailing 4/25 but it could be months before it is completed.

When Are Paper Stimulus Checks Being Mailed?

I just remind myself it won’t be bad to get a $1,200 check in August.

Just a little "samplin" from a Facebook friend who asked on FB today.... 3 said yes, and 8 said no (so far anyway). Don't take my research to the bank, tho.

Last edited:
It doesn’t look like people who owed on taxes previously have been sent stimulus money yet but then again neither have SS recipients who have repeatedly been told the government would use the same bank account information that the SS administration uses to issue monthly payments. I read that one should try this link once per day until it shows that you are eligible and then it will allow you to put in your bank direct deposit info.

I filed 2018 taxes, owed money and had it directly withdrawn from my bank account, and I also receive SS deposits to the same bank account. As of today, nothing. Same with my sister, who was overpaid on 2019 taxes, but rolled that money into estimate payments for next year taxes - she also collects SS. She is going to contact our local senate representative by the end of the week if we don't get any info before then. It does say you can't use the IRS get my payment site if you collect SS, also you can't use the non-filed tax return either. AARP website has conflicting information about SS getting direct deposit or being mailed checks. Question 22 says the stimulus would be a check mailed, even if you have received SS benefits direct deposited, but the general site says it will be direct deposited. If a paper check is mailed, the last checks could be in September. So much for helping everyone that is paying more for food and products.

MOO

I haven't received mine yet either, however I believe it's because my 2019 taxes were sent in recently, and they haven't been processed yet. So perhaps that's the hold up for me. Hopefully we all will get them soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back