The British Royal Family #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the Express said that the comments appeared to have been taken out of context and that he was referring to the response to the virus, from healthcare, essential workers, and members of the public volunteering to help in so many ways, was better than some expected. And the purpose of his interview was that he wanted to publicise a particular volunteering effort for (ex? military members to join).

The quotes from the interview had so much praise for the British public and nation...it seems odd that some of the tabloids are focusing on one part that was misunderstood.

The rags and village idiots will always jump on something and twist words. It's just a way of getting themselves in the public eye again IMO. Write a poorly worded article bashing Harry or Meghan and gain instant adoration kind of thing. Most people understood he was talking about the good in people and the effort so many people are making, people focusing on the positive. JMO

The rags and village idiots will always jump on something and twist words. It's just a way of getting themselves in the public eye again IMO. Write a poorly worded article bashing Harry or Meghan and gain instant adoration kind of thing. Most people understood he was talking about the good in people and the effort so many people are making, people focusing on the positive. JMO

Yeah, but then there are also a lot of people who just skim headlines and jump down to comment sections to join in the bashing bandwagon; they take the headlines and bashing stories as confirmation bias.

It happens on other types of story as well, and some of it's even higher-consequence.

Anyway...

Yeah, but then there are also a lot of people who just skim headlines and jump down to comment sections to join in the bashing bandwagon; they take the headlines and bashing stories as confirmation bias.

It happens on other types of story as well, and some of it's even higher-consequence.

Anyway...
I rarely read the comments on those rubbish articles, usually sock accounts agreeing with each other IMO

Prince William and Kate are home-schooling Prince George and Princess Charlotte through the help of online learning platforms amid coronavirus

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are among thousands of other parents across the nation, who are continuing to educate their children at home following the end of the two-week Easter holiday. Last month, the UK government announced that all schools will remain closed until further notice during the ongoing coronavirus pandemic. During a recent appearance on BBC Breakfast, the royal couple admitted that they kept eldest children Prince George, six, and Princess Charlotte, four, in the dark about the Easter holidays as they continued to home-school via online platforms during the break.

Giving an insight into how the family spent their Easter, Kate admitted she felt "very mean" for continuing lessons from their home at Anmer Hall. She told Tina Daheley: "Don't tell the children, we've actually kept it going through the holidays. I feel very mean." Prince William described home-schooling as "fun", while Kate added it was "challenging" ensuring their children maintain their education while schools are closed during the coronavirus pandemic.

The royal mum-of-three added: "The children have got such stamina I don't know how. Honestly, you get to the end of the day and you write down the list of all the things that you've done in that day. So you pitch a tent, take the tent down again, cook, bake. You get to the end of the day - they have had a lovely time - but it is amazing how much you can cram into one day that's for sure."

Prince Charles sends a touching birthday message to his beloved ‘Mama’, the Queen

Prince Charles sends a touching birthday message to his beloved 'Mama', the Queen
The monarch is celebrating her 94th birthday

Prince Charles has shared a heartfelt message for his mother in celebration of her 94th birthday. In a touching Instagram post on the official Clarence House Instagram account, Charles paid a loving tribute to the Queen, sharing a series of photos of the pair together, ranging from Charles as a baby, to a recent snapshot showing them laughing together at the Braemar Games. The accompanying caption read: "Wishing Her Majesty The Queen a very Happy 94th Birthday."

The Queen will be marking her birthday away from her family this year, as she continues to isolate with her husband Prince Philip at Windsor Castle. She will no doubt celebrate with her loved ones via phone calls and videos. She made the decision to cancel her annual birthday celebration for the first time in her 68-year reign in the wake of the crisis, and instead of the usual gun salute and "special measures" to honour the monarch, she will instead celebrate privately.

Traditionally, a 21-gun salute is fired by the King's Troop Royal Horse Artillery from either Hyde Park or Green Park, followed by a 62-gun salute at the Tower of London by the Honourable Artillery Company. However, the Queen decided the celebratory display of military firepower would not be "appropriate" at this time.

Prince William and Kate mark the Queen's 94th birthday with heartwarming photo
The monarch is turning 94 today

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have shared a message for the Queen in honour of her 94th birthday. A celebratory post was uploaded onto the royal couple's Kensington Royal Instagram account. It showed a photo of Prince William and Kate with the monarch at the 2019 RHS Chelsea Flower Show, and read: "Wishing Her Majesty The Queen a very happy 94th birthday today!" along with a birthday cake and balloon emoji

The former editor of the Telegraph wrote this in the paper today, basically asking that the Sussexes extend their policy of non engagement to them too as they don't want to be bothered covering Archewell or what they're up to in LA during corona.

This whole thing is getting so childish, it reminds me of a child telling you they're not talking to you over and over. The tabloids also shouldn't act like they don't publish an abundance of stories on the royals that are often tangential at best. I think the broadsheets should try and stay out of this nonsense, no ones forcing them to report the Sussexes now that they're gone.

EWHH7kZXsAAD2h4

Queen releases private footage of her and Margaret to mark 94th birthday

Her Majesty sends birthday wishes to all those who, like her, are spending their birthdays at home "with or without loved ones".

The Queen has released private footage of her and Princess Margaret as she celebrates her 94th birthday in isolation at Windsor Castle.

Her Majesty also sent "many happy returns" to others commemorating their birthdays at home "with or without your loved ones".

Film from the Royal Collection Trust shows the monarch as a girl, playing with a pram and dogs along with her sister.

They are also captured having fun on a seesaw, doing some gardening, and dancing together.

Four still photographs have been tweeted too, including one of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with their family when Prince Edward was a baby.

Her Majesty said: "To those of you also celebrating your birthdays today at home, with or without your loved ones - we send you many happy returns."

The monarch will not be marking her birthday "in any special way" - with two traditional gestures cancelled because of COVID-19.

For the first time in more than a decade the bells of Westminster Abbey, where the monarch was married and crowned, will remain silent on her birthday.

Nor will there be any birthday gun salutes, after Her Majesty decided they would be "inappropriate in the current circumstances". It is believed to be the first time that has happened.

Footage at link. Some lovely clips including one of Her Majesty as a tot with her own mother.

A1BDC715-8030-4C26-A627-CCF8C341585D.jpeg E8169E07-6A30-466D-B974-C4790D209824.jpeg 90F78407-6ED6-4082-8EEE-B71BEA556134.jpeg

Happy 94th Birthday to Her Majesty The Queen. These are photos of Her Majesty as baby, another at age 18 and a more recent photo.

Images of Her Majesty from 12 times royal ladies wore sunshine yellow outfits - from Kate Middleton to Meghan Markle and the Queen and Prince William and Kate Middleton lead birthday best wishes for the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Off topic:

I hope you’re all ok and you are coping with the coronavirus lockdown as best as you all can. I’m very sorry I have not been posting here recently, I have been ill in hospital with a bad UTI infection, kidney stones and have also been diagnosed with stage four kidney disease. I’m slowly feeling better but I’m still very tired. Thank you for all the good wishes, prayers and messages you have all sent me I really appreciate your kindness and friendship.

Her Majesty sends birthday wishes to all those who, like her, are spending their birthdays at home "with or without loved ones".

The Queen has released private footage of her and Princess Margaret as she celebrates her 94th birthday in isolation at Windsor Castle.

Her Majesty also sent "many happy returns" to others commemorating their birthdays at home "with or without your loved ones".

Film from the Royal Collection Trust shows the monarch as a girl, playing with a pram and dogs along with her sister.

They are also captured having fun on a seesaw, doing some gardening, and dancing together.

Four still photographs have been tweeted too, including one of the Queen and Duke of Edinburgh with their family when Prince Edward was a baby.

Her Majesty said: "To those of you also celebrating your birthdays today at home, with or without your loved ones - we send you many happy returns."

The monarch will not be marking her birthday "in any special way" - with two traditional gestures cancelled because of COVID-19.

For the first time in more than a decade the bells of Westminster Abbey, where the monarch was married and crowned, will remain silent on her birthday.

Nor will there be any birthday gun salutes, after Her Majesty decided they would be "inappropriate in the current circumstances". It is believed to be the first time that has happened.

Footage at link. Some lovely clips including one of Her Majesty as a tot with her own mother.
Is the Abbey closed ? Sad the bells won’t ring for her 94th birthday
JMO

View attachment 243863 View attachment 243864 View attachment 243865

Happy 94th Birthday to Her Majesty The Queen. These are photos of Her Majesty as baby, another at age 18 and a more recent photo.

Images of Her Majesty from 12 times royal ladies wore sunshine yellow outfits - from Kate Middleton to Meghan Markle and the Queen and Prince William and Kate Middleton lead birthday best wishes for the Queen | Daily Mail Online

Off topic:

I hope you’re all ok and you are coping with the coronavirus lockdown as best as you all can. I’m very sorry I have not been posting here recently, I have been ill in hospital with a bad UTI infection, kidney stones and have also been diagnosed with stage four kidney disease. I’m slowly feeling better but I’m still very tired. Thank you for all the good wishes, prayers and messages you have all sent me I really appreciate your kindness and friendship.

Been keeping an eye on your whereabouts G, sorry to hear you’re poorly and hope you’re back on your feet soon.

Meanwhile happy birthday to our wonderful Queen. I’m so glad to have her heading our country, what an inspiration to us all!

View attachment 243863 View attachment 243864 View attachment 243865

Off topic:

Good to see you back Greg, hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Been keeping an eye on your whereabouts G, sorry to hear you’re poorly and hope you’re back on your feet soon.

Meanwhile happy birthday to our wonderful Queen. I’m so glad to have her heading our country, what an inspiration to us all!

Thank you very much @CoverMeCagney. I am glad we have Her Majesty heading our country too. Hopefully Her Majesty will have a lovely birthday despite not being able to see her loved ones in person.

She's a fantastic lady and and a shining example to us all. We are so lucky to have her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.