Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which interior wall? If Tylee left the door open, expecting either Lori or Charles to come out to the car after her, it leads straight into the open plan room where Charles was on the floor. So there is a corner to turn, meaning no straight line of sound, but no wall obstruction between gun and the car that I can think of.

moo

I stand corrected. Makes it even less likely that he would have been a happy puppy. And possibly would have affected JJ. I wonder if the Chandler police had the wit to interview JJ's school about his state that morning.

Last edited:
Has anyone else ever thought of the possibility that Tylee saw what went on inside the house with Alex and Charles, and because she’d be a witness that LE could possibly talk to and get the truth out of someday, Lori used that as even more reasoning for as to why something had to be done to get rid of her. I say “even more reasoning” because we already know that she talked about how they became possessed like zombies. I really feel whatever Lori (and Chad) have decided to do that they’ve convinced themselves that this was necessary and justifiable.

Has anyone else ever thought of the possibility that Tylee saw what went on inside the house with Alex and Charles, and because she’d be a witness that LE could possibly talk to and get the truth out of someday, Lori used that as even more reasoning for as to why something had to be done to get rid of her. I say “even more reasoning” because we already know that she talked about how they became possessed like zombies. I really feel whatever Lori (and Chad) have decided to do that they’ve convinced themselves that this was necessary and justifiable.
Exactly!

...I think the purpose of him being called are for the questions he will be asked and not necessarily answers. It puts it out there, questions are not usually asked if the answer isn't known. Jmo
I agree that the questions with him pleading the fifth will be on record and will be very telling if he indeed pleads the fifth. I hope that the last question asked by the Prosecutor is, "Do you believe that people with nothing to hide, hide nothing?"

Catching up over the last few pages I see a lot of remarks about LVD's attorney. Does anyone have a theory why she hired a divorce attorney from 300 miles away from the court and the jail? Google maps says it is a 4.5 hour drive. I assume she gets charged for the 9 hour round trip of his time just for coming to Rexburg to talk with her?

Has this article been posted?

Life insurance increase, quick burial and other 'weird' things Chad Daybell's friends noticed | East Idaho News

It states that Chad increased the life insurance on his wife before she died. It also ssays that Chad's kids were told that he met a widow while on a business trip to Hawaii and married her.

Is there some truth to this statement? Did he meet LV while CV and she lived on Kauai? Then, the murderous plans were hatched??

His brother, Matt, gave a statement saying that the family hasn't spoken to Chad in years because of his beliefs.

I wonder if those two meeting was the perfect storm. Both are very self-centered, greedy people who seem to have no problem murdering people if they reap some kind of monetary benefit.

We have discussed the possibility of the case being thrown out because of Means failures to defend... that would be the ultimate failure. And maybe her only and strongest defense.
I think the ineffective counsel argument can be used in an appeal after a conviction to get a new trial (I didn't learn that in law school, I listen to too many true crime podcasts so MOO). That would require this case to go to trial and LVD to be convicted, then for her to get a new attorney and make the appeal. If she is doing this on purpose she is setting herself up for a long time in prison before her plan pays off, and even then she would be in the same seat she is in today, facing felony charges.

I totally don't get why she or the people who support her think this attorney is a good choice.

His brother, Matt, gave a statement saying that the family hasn't spoken to Chad in years because of his beliefs.
RSBM

Chad's brother made a statement that includes "I have not been close to Chad since childhood..." which I have always found a strikingly odd way to put it because Chad bought a house close enough to his brother that they might be able to wave to each other from their front lawns.

I am in no way saying or implying Chad's brother has anything to do with anything. Maybe Chad hoped his choice of neighborhoods might help mend his relationship with his brother? I just don't like coincidences.

Chad Daybell's brother issues statement 'pleading' for him to cooperate with investigation | East Idaho News

Listing the prosecution's witnesses, from the response to request for discovery. (name misspellings corrected by me)

a. Det. Ron Ball, RPD
b. Det. Ray Hermosillo, RPD
c. Det. Dave Stubbs, RPD
d. Det. Chuck Kunsaitis, RPD
e. Det. Dave Hope, RPD
f. Det. Rick Schmitt, RPD
g. Det. Randy Reese, RPD
h. Officer Kellen Whetten, RPD
i. Det. Chad Cataluna, Kauai PD
j. Det. Ryan Pillar, Gilbert PD
k. Det. Nate Moffat, Chandler PD
l. Melanie Gibb
m. David Warwick
n. Chad Daybell (see IRE 504(d)(1))
o. Julie Wilcox
p. Larry Woodcock
q. Kay Woodcock
r. Adam Cox
s. Zackary Cox
t. Brandon Boudreaux
u. Melani Pawlowski
v. Ian Pawlowski
w. Leah Bernard
x. Seth Bernard
y. SAC Chris Smith, National Park Service
z. Deputy Chief Ranger Chris Flesch, National Park Service
aa. Sidney Woodbury
bb. Travis Homer, FBI
cc. Ricky Wright, FBI
dd. Michael Douglass, FBI
ee. Mark Saari Social Security Investigator
ff. Jason Gwilliam
gg. Colby Ryan
hh. Jack Daybell
ii. Sheila Daybell
jj. Teresa Christensen, 2nd Grade Teacher
kk. Joshua Wilson, Kennedy Elementary School Principal
ll. Randy Lords, Madison School District
mm. Julie Black
nn. Dale Guthrie, MD
oo. Gary Auxier, MD
pp. Tim Jacks, MO
qq. Robert Minicola, Kauai Beach Resorts
rr. Shawn Derrick, Blue Sky Property
ss. Greg Krause
tt. Traci Singleton, IDHW
uu. Audrey Barattiero
vv. Reverend Colin Moore, AKA Kahu Coco

-7 detectives in Rexburg PD?! That seems excessive for a city with 25,000 people and below average crime rates.

-the National Park Service people listed makes me think the worst

-Michael Douglass? Finally they have started casting actors for the movie. Will it be a sequel to his previous work in "A Perfect Murder"? "Stone Cold"? "It Runs in the Family"?

Nate Eaton - Reporter
6 hrs ·
So many of you have asked about this account. We checked. It’s fake. It was not set up by Chad Daybell but someone pretending to be him. Please let your friends know.

93979276_3066291350057710_565503161154928640_n.jpg

I think he will plead the 5th. Jmo
I think he will testify but say he has no idea where the children are. Lori told him they are safe and that’s good enough for him. He may even say Lori didn’t tell him more because she didn’t want to put him in a bad position if he did have to testify.

If they ask him why he told people Lori didn’t have children he’ll probably say he lied so people wouldn‘t ask where the children were, believing the kids are safer if no one knows where they are .

I have no idea if Chad knows what happened to the children or not. It’s conceivable Lori never told him what happened to the kids. More likely, he knows exactly where they are and if they’re dead or alive. Either way, IMO his testimony will be the same. He and Lori both have a clear distain for the law and I don’t see either of them losing sleep after lying on the stand, especially if there’s no way to prove the lie.

I think he will testify but say he has no idea where the children are. Lori told him they are safe and that’s good enough for him. He may even say Lori didn’t tell him more because she didn’t want to put him in a bad position if he did have to testify.

If they ask him why he told people Lori didn’t have children he’ll probably say he lied so people wouldn‘t ask where the children were, believing the kids are safer if no one knows where they are .

I have no idea if Chad knows what happened to the children or not. It’s conceivable Lori never told him what happened to the kids. More likely, he knows exactly where they are and if they’re dead or alive. Either way, IMO his testimony will be the same. He and Lori both have a clear distain for the law and I don’t see either of them losing sleep after lying on the stand, especially if there’s no way to prove the lie.

Upon more pondering, I think whether he takes the 5th or babbles on, his presence won't help her case at all.

I take the 5th.
I don't know where the children are right now.
They are safe but I won't give you their location.
I have no idea if they are dead or alive.

Short of giving their location no matter their status, he's just gonna pound nails into the proverbial coffin.

Jmo

My only problem with thinking Chad doesnt know what happened to the kids is why would he lie to the police and tell them he saw JJ in mid October. To me that shows an attempt to cover up and throw off police. Jmo
ETA also why would he call MG and ask her to lie, did Lori tell Chad the kids are ok just in hiding and did she lie to him saying this is about a custody fight. The flaw with that is Alex standing next to Chad told police JJ was with Kay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500