CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle & uniform, 22 killed (plus perp), Portapique, NS, 18 April 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the absence of further details, it is difficult to "connect the dots", esp when we know some "dots" are missing. It surprised me at the press conference when it was stated that more died of the fires than firearms. (at Portapique itself).
It has been reported that on the Saturday evening there was a gathering or party and there was an issue with the idiot and his g/f. Do we know where this gathering was? Who was there? If people intervened, did he then take out his anger on anyone/everyone who stepped in?
It is so easy to sit here and ask questions.......much harder to be on the scene and provide them.

In the absence of further details, it is difficult to "connect the dots", esp when we know some "dots" are missing. It surprised me at the press conference when it was stated that more died of the fires than firearms. (at Portapique itself).
It has been reported that on the Saturday evening there was a gathering or party and there was an issue with the idiot and his g/f. Do we know where this gathering was? Who was there? If people intervened, did he then take out his anger on anyone/everyone who stepped in?
It is so easy to sit here and ask questions.......much harder to be on the scene and provide them.

I wonder if that number included ones that were both shot and burned. All structures burned to the ground , so there probably wasn’t much left of anything to determine a whole lot.

Last edited:
Constable Heidi rammed him head on, he did not drive up to her, from all accounts. An Absolute Hero, so very brave and all on her own in her car.

Something i am not quote clear on, but I would assume that she knew her fellow officer had been shot and was driving himself to hospital? I have so many questions about this. Would it have not been standard procedure for Her superiors to tell her to wait for back up when a fellow officer had just been shot by this madman? Would they recommend he drive himself to the hospital after being shot? Would CM and HS been traveling in opposite directions, meaning would they have passed each other?

Also, this article states the GF called 911 from a gas station? I wonder where the nearest station would be to her? First time I heard this.

RCMP offer details about timeline for mass killing in Nova Scotia

"The gunman’s girlfriend emerges from hiding at daybreak and calls 911 from a gas station just after 6 a.m."

SBM

Also, this article states the GF called 911 from a gas station? I wonder where the nearest station would be to her? First time I heard this.

"The gunman’s girlfriend emerges from hiding at daybreak and calls 911 from a gas station just after 6 a.m."

That is very strange. Closest Gas Station (per Google) is about 9.5km, in Great Village. Perhaps she hitched a ride with someone who did not have a phone?

Constable Heidi rammed him head on, he did not drive up to her, from all accounts. An Absolute Hero, so very brave and all on her own in her car.

Something i am not quote clear on, but I would assume that she knew her fellow officer had been shot and was driving himself to hospital? I have so many questions about this. Would it have not been standard procedure for Her superiors to tell her to wait for back up when a fellow officer had just been shot by this madman? Would they recommend he drive himself to the hospital after being shot? Would CM and HS been traveling in opposite directions, meaning would they have passed each other?

That’s the first time I’ve read that too, during the police update all they said was that she appeared from the woods after calling 911. The whole thing is strange, they leave out a lot of info regarding portapique. I didn’t like how one article said they were finished investigating the industrial park area were he was seen going to for 6 hours and didn’t find any evidence. You’d think there would be blood off his shoes or clothing or a clue somewhere after badly assaulting his gf and shooting that many ppl inside homes.

Last edited:

This is a more recent account of the horrid happening that might answer some of your questions. Beyond that, I think this the full extent of the details the RCMP have released at this time regarding the attack on police officers.

Nova Scotia RCMP release terrifying timeline of 13-hour shooting rampage
“Police say RCMP Const. Heidi Stevenson and Const. Chad Morrison were working during that time at the detachment in Enfield.

“Both were communicating on their police radios with each other, and they had arranged to make a meet,” Campbell said.

Morrison was waiting for Stevenson at Highway 2 and Highway 224 when the gunman approached in a marked cruiser.

“What appeared to be a marked police vehicle then approached Const. Morrison,” said Campbell. “As they had pre-arranged to meet at that location, Const. Morrison thought that the vehicle was Const. Stevenson.

Campbell said the gunman pulled up to Morrison and immediately opened fire.

“Const. Morrison received several gunshot wounds, and he began to retreat from the area, driving his vehicle away from the scene,” he said.

“He notified other officers and dispatch that he had been shot and that he was en route to an EHS station for emergency medical attention.”

Campbell said it was during that time that Stevenson was nearby, believed to be driving northbound on Highway 2 while the gunman was travelling southbound.

“At that point, both vehicles collided head-on,” said Campbell. “Const. Stevenson engaged the gunman.

“The gunman took Const. Stevenson’s life. He also took Const. Stevenson’s issued sidearm and her magazines.”

When a passerby stopped to assist people in the crash, he was fatally shot by the gunman, who then set fire to both Const. Stevenson’s damaged cruiser and his own replica cruiser.....”

I don’t like how they got the description of police car confused with a white Taurus either. When in doubt wouldn’t you just ask the 2 witnesses and confirm rather than just assume? It also mentioned they thought they came in close contact with the killer in the first conference but don’t mention anything about in the second conference. I’m not sure when that would have happened

Last edited:
That is very strange. Closest Gas Station (per Google) is about 9.5km, in Great Village. Perhaps she hitched a ride with someone who did not have a phone?

It's be roughly a 90 min to 2 hour walk. If she did, imagine the fear of him coming up alongside her on the road or wherever she was walking.

Very strange if accurate.
I would think he would of taken her cell phone during or after he confined her. No way would he leave her phone for her to call for help

In a fit of rage, he'd probably shoot it or crush it under his shoe/boot.

I wonder if that number included ones that were both shot and burned. All structures burned to the ground , so there probably wasn’t much left of anything to determine a whole lot.
I am wondering that if he did use grenades or explosives to start the fires, maybe that is how the victims could be counted as dying by fire...? Thanks for everything you have posted so far on this thread Ell2020, you seem to have some very good insights....

I've seen comments about the common law perhaps having a cell phone with her. If she did, like the victim CE, presumably she would have kept it off so that it didn't make a sound or light up and attract the killer to her. Also, some people install apps on other people's phones to tract them. She may have been afraid of that. She had a cell phone, but whether she had it with her is unknown to me. What makes me write this post is wondering what he was doing in Debert besides perhaps sleeping, and what was he doing for the time that passed on Hunter Road? In notice that he was seen on Hunter Road at 629am, and she came out of hiding around 630. It occurs to me that he may have been calling and texting her phone during those hours because he was trying to find her, and the police will have information related to that. Perhaps she came out of hiding when she did because that's when she learned he was alive and gone from the area.

It appears to me as though the gathering was at the Blair's place as that is where it seems he goes back to after assaulting and restraining his girlfriend. One of Greg Blair's older sons said on MSM that there was a path through the woods connecting the killer's house on #200 Portapique Beach Rd. to the killer's garage/workshop on #136 Orchard Beach Rd. where he likely had the mock police car parked IMO.

Another bit of confusion (for me anyway) are the ambiguous references to "his home". He had the one at 200 Portapique Beach Road and also 136 Orchard Beach Road. I've seen both referred to as "his home". Would it be more correct to suggest one was his residence, the other "a house" of his rather than "his house"? One denotes ownership, the other residency.

It appears to me as though the gathering was at the Blair's place as that is where it seems he goes back to after assaulting and restraining his girlfriend. One of Greg Blair's older sons said on MSM that there was a path through the woods connecting the killer's house on #200 Portapique Beach Rd. to the killer's garage/workshop on #136 Orchard Beach Rd. where he likely had the mock police car parked IMO.
You can see the trails on Civic Address Finder and on Google Maps. That'd be an easy way to minimize exposure during the rampage.

Another bit of confusion (for me anyway) are the ambiguous references to "his home". He had the one at 200 Portapique Beach Road and also 136 Orchard Beach Road. I've seen both referred to as "his home". Would it be more correct to suggest one was his residence, the other "a house" of his rather than "his house"? One denotes ownership, the other residency.
It seems as though #200 Portapique Beach Rd. is the "home/residence" and #136 Orchard Beach Rd. is the workshop/garage connected by a path through the woods. The killer also is said to own a third property, #287 Portapique Beach Rd., which is a 20 acre property of mostly woods-but it is unclear to me if there is a building on that lot or not. There is a clearing and an oblong object seen on ViewPoint.ca but it doesn't look big enough to be a house or garage.

You can see the trails on Civic Address Finder and on Google Maps. That'd be an easy way to minimize exposure during the rampage.

I notice on Civic Address things called "tracks" and "dry weather". I'm thinking dry weather refers to a road that can be used during dry weather. There are also "trails". I wonder if anyone knows if the tracks are drive able. There is a track that leads to a dry weather, that leads to Clarke Rd which opens onto hwy 2. If the tracks are drive-able, one can see how AW may have seen the shooter heading toward the beach, and yet he managed to flank the police.

Attachments

• tracks.JPG
    tracks.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 33
I saw those tracks too and noticed that to the right of Bayview Ct. where it seems to fade away there is another dirt road. Local knowledge would prob. allow someone to use these tracks. Maybe the fires were set to decoy attention away from this escape route? I apologise if I am getting too far into conjecture here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member