Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is. Quite a few of the nurses and providers I work with have been on unpaid furlough since mid-March.

We’re caught in a kind of strange set of circumstances. We work in healthcare during a pandemic, and we are furloughed due to cancellation of all elective visits and procedures.

This whole healthcare situation has me worried. So many people not getting proper care.

Kentucky's phased reopening of businesses begins May 11: Here's the plan

Phase 1
May 11:

• Manufacturing
  • Construction
  • Auto-dealerships,
  • Professional services
  • Horse racing (no fans)
  • Pet grooming
May 20

• Retail
  • In-person church services
* Both expected at reduced capacity.

May 25

• Social gatherings of 10 people or less
  • Barbers, salons, etc.
Here's what WON'T open in Phase One: restaurants, gyms, campgrounds, pools and daycare.

Kentucky's phased reopening of businesses begins May 11: Here's the plan

Phase 1
May 11:

• Manufacturing
  • Construction
  • Auto-dealerships,
  • Professional services
  • Horse racing (no fans)
  • Pet grooming
May 20

• Retail
  • In-person church services
* Both expected at reduced capacity.

May 25

• Social gatherings of 10 people or less
  • Barbers, salons, etc.
Here's what WON'T open in Phase One: restaurants, gyms, campgrounds, pools and daycare.

How will people get back to work if daycares are closed?

This is a similar outcome with the hydroxychloroquine---"when used early". I think with this newer information (e.g. Dr. Suheult)... IF this covid has more dangerous implications for cardiovascular problems, blood clots etc., it really does emphasize that we absolutely need different drug protocols, for the different ways this deadly disease manifests itself.

I am just starting to do some research on "Oxidative Stress" (as mentioned in a few of the recent updates of this Dr. Suheult). I feel this is such important information as how the oxygen levels can get so low, even without the shortness of breath.
this is just the wikipedia link for definition...but there are many articles and youtubes that do explain this more....and Dr. Suheult says he is going to be bringing it up more and more.
Oxidative stress - Wikipedia

Today's Dr. Seheult with Coronavirus Pandemic Update 63: Is COVID-19 a Disease of the Endothelium (Blood Vessels and Clots)?and Dr. Hansen with Are BLOOD CLOTS the reason why COVID19 patients are dying? (Blood thinners to save lives?)

Hospitals have had enough time to prepare additional beds, rooms, equipment, PPE and testing is looking better. Now they are ready for a surge and the US is in the process of lifting restrictions and re-opening.

I know the economy needs it, but with so many unknowns is it worth the risk?

Small businesses having to file a plan with the government to approve ther opening is beyond stupid IMO.
Neither hubby or I have received our $1,200. Or, one penny of the grant we qualify for and filed the first day.
This would just create more log jams of government incompetence.
Forcing us to break the law to earn a living.
Phffft

Wow - hang in there. We've gotten this far. Looks like we'll go into a soft opening phase for L.A. County around May 10 - hospitals will be open to non-CoVid essential care, doctors and dentists can reopen. North of L.A., businesses with 10 employees or less may open as long as they file a CoVid plan with the relevant county.

That is interesting! Has a map been made, do you know?

Where I used to volunteer, B.C. (Before Covid), I worked largely with international travelers. The worst two cases of flu I ever had was caught in that situation. One bout was so bad I didn't care if I died. My theory is "foreign" virus hit me harder than "at-home" version would. (This is my personal, non-medical theory, based on case study of me alone!)

TSA workers are exposed many people, of course, but people from all over the world who have traveled all over the world, making their exposure greater in both number AND with more variety. Could that be a factor in those cases? IDK.

jmo
I totally agree, I have a friend who visits his family in Australia every December and we usually meet up when he gets back in January to catch up. The last two Januarys before this one 2-3 days after meeting up I have broken out with horrible colds. He never has any symptoms but both times I hadn't seen anyone else or been anywhere else, so I do blame him! The one last year was so bad I thought it would never go, razor blades in the throat, pain all over my face and head, hot and cold, for a full 10 days, but not flu, I don't think, as I could get off the sofa. I normally throw off colds in a couple of days.

So I was having kittens this January, about how to avoid him or anyone else coming back through airports having heard of this new virus. In the end I told him I had a really bad cold so "quarantined" him from me at least, without him knowing it! Needless to say I didn't go out until I was germ-free as I honestly think that virus whatever it was, could have been a serious problem for others.

President Trump participates in a roundtable with industry executives on the plan for opening up America again.

Executives from Wynn Resorts, Hilton, Toyota North America and Waffle House are among those meeting with President Donald Trump on Wednesday to discuss reopening the U.S., according to people familiar with the matter.

The people, who requested anonymity because the list of attendees is not yet public, said other executives will be in attendance as well.

Trump has been soliciting feedback from a wide range of executives on when and how to reopen businesses that have shuttered their doors amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Trump to meet with executives from Waffle House, Wynn, Toyota, others to discuss reopening economy

President Trump just sent one of my bank accounts $1,200.00 today........:).......... PAAAAAARTY !!!.....moo

Last edited:
How will people get back to work if daycares are closed?

Michigan pledges $130M to help parents afford child care

Licensed child care centers, family group homes, tribal child care providers, provisional disaster relief child care centers and subsidized license exempt providers are all eligible for grants.

Whitmer said the direct, non-competitive grants to child care providers will help ensure that child care providers serving essential workers remain open, and costs of providing care during the pandemic are not passed on those workers.

:eek:......Do it like the Germans....:oops:

German doctors are nakedly protesting PPE shortages to show how vulnerable they are without protection

INSIDERApril 28, 2020

1e13b1c7fc80fa1eb1c623e67339c339

b945e03cc5a1d7dc2ba57813f93a99e2

As of April 29, there were 116,264 reported cases in the state, including 2,481 additional cases disclosed Wednesday.

New Jersey has completed a total of 216,221 tests with 42.6% of the tests coming back positive as of Wednesday.

-In New Jersey, 6,289 individuals with confirmed or potential cases of COVID-19 were hospitalized as of 10:00 p.m. Tuesday.

Of those hospitalized patients, 865 patients are in intensive care, 946 are in critical care and 4,328 are in medical surgical beds.

The state is using 42.6% of its statewide ventilator capacity, with 1,327 patients on ventilators.

:)There were 613 patients discharged in the last 24 hours and 426 new hospitalizations yesterday.

-There have been 6,770 deaths related to coronavirus in New Jersey. Officials reported 329 new deaths statewide on Wednesday.

-Long-term care facilities continue to be a concern across the state with 3,247 of New Jersey's coronavirus deaths.

There have been 18,045 reported COVID-19 cases at 489 long-term care facilities across the state.

Are businesses taking advantage of the crisis?

On April 24, Attorney General Gurbir Grewal announced his office had sent 731 cease-and-desist letters to New Jersey businesses for predatory practices, including raising prices of sanitary and paper products or medical supplies by more than 10 percent of their price before the pandemic.

So far, his office has issued 92 subpoenas related to price-gouging.

Grewal is also taking a strong stance against retailers who peddle phony cures or faulty preventative measures, like the 7-11 owner in River Vale who mixed her own hand sanitizer that burned four boys.

NJ coronavirus cases rise to 116,264 on Wednesday as deaths surpass 6,700

EWyKlZ2X0AUBZtL

Coronavirus NJ: Immigrant families from Mexico face hurdles trying to fulfill a dying wish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member