Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if it's just from wearing the masks, or if he's getting himself worked up, but he does sound like he's hyperventilating. I think he just needs to take a deep breath and relax.
I was going to suggest someone give him a Xanax or two, but I think IIIII need a Xanax or two just watching him!! :$

We did hear this before, but only in relation to Tylee. We were told that is why Alex attacked Joe. You can also hear Alex discuss attacking his sexually-abusive BIL as part of his standup routine.

I think this also explains why Joe's family had essentially cut him off.

Oh, wow. But I thought JR's sister is advocating for him and against Lori ? The Dateline episode did not mention any abuse of Tylee and made it seem Alex attacked JR because of Colby. Have any of the divorce records been published ? It seems Lori would have stated these things in the divorce. She had a long custody battle with JR.

ETA - I just read JR's sister's response to this issue on Dateline. Lori did go to the police several times with allegations of sexual abuse of the children. JR was interviewed and went through some type of screening and passed a lie detector test. The police reported there were enough inconsistencies in Colby's stories not to prosecute. That doesn't mean it didn't happen - it just meant LE did not move forward. The sister said she observed physical abuse of Colby, which is terrible enough.

Last edited:
Yup!!! Tell it to the Judge!!!
They might want to check out those clear face shield masks not sure how hot it would get under it but worth maybe checking into. Also did anyone catch when Means talked about how far out the prelim heading was scheduled, but did not add a comment when judge said it could be changed to an earlier date as her schedule would allow for it, he moved on fairly quick from stressing how long Lori would be in jail before that hearing.

Lori sure didn't have that smug, cocky look on her face today such as she had at her last court appearance. She needs to get her roots done, otherwise Chad will see that she is nothing special. I'd love to be able to hear a conversation between between her and Chad as she is saying 'GET ME OUT OF HERE NOW'! Chad: But I can't, I'm not selling any doomsday books!

Darn it! I was moving and missed Dateline! :( Made my friends watch the bail hearing, but everything was disassembled by the time Dateline came on. Any links? I’m guessing they will make us wait like last time. :( Good news, though!!! She’s still sitting her pretty little bum bum in jail! Where her bum bum belongs! Forever!

I have officially lost all hope that they will find Joshua and Tylee alive and I’m hating those jerks! Talking about LV and CD, of course.

Would/ could/ can the state charge her with the murder of the children if their bodies are never found and they think there is enough evidence to prove Lori is responsible for their disappearance? Her defying the court order to produce the children is evidence itself. JMO. I could be wrong.

I wish I could watch this clearly. My antenna keeps going in and out, joys of being in a basement apartment. It totally crapped out the last 30 minutes.

Apparently NBC will only let you watch online if you have a cable service, even though you can get the local version for free, if your antenna isn't a piece of crap.
Why all of the Hoops NBC?

I guess I'll have to wait until they release this on their website, whenever that will be.

MOO

I think a couple of weeks. Ish. I fell asleep last night half way through so I'm in the same boat. I waited a couple of weeks to be able to watch the first one also.

Would/ could/ can the state charge her with the murder of the children if their bodies are never found and they think there is enough evidence to prove Lori is responsible for their disappearance? Her defying the court order to produce the children is evidence itself. JMO. I could be wrong.
I know that there are successful 'no body' murder trials. And it is sometimes easier with children, because it's obvious a young boy like Joshua didn't run away and hide himself somewhere. It's a little harder with teens, because the defense can try and say she ran off voluntarily, or a predator got her.

But with this case, and all of the dead bodies piled up already, there shouldn't be a problem convincing a jury what happened.

I hope they get a jury that can follow a complex set of facts though.

So thinking of the motives here:

Lori is raising her children and once she meets CD she starts to believe what he is selling. Although LV was already acting stranger by the day according to CV. Do she and CD just sit down and have a talk and decide that there is justification to kill people based on their cult like beliefs? It certainly seems they are a team. How strange it is that these 2 met up and BOTH decided it was ok to commit murder if that is what happened. CD's children grew up to be young adults without disappearing off the face of the earth. Why is it okay with CD that LV likely made her children disappear and may have been responsible for other deaths and is defying a court order? What is he getting out of this mess? I doubt his children even want the same last name. They are probably being harassed and hounded.

I know that there are successful 'no body' murder trials. And it is sometimes easier with children, because it's obvious a young boy like Joshua didn't run away and hide himself somewhere. It's a little harder with teens, because the defense can try and say she ran off voluntarily, or a predator got her.

But with this case, and all of the dead bodies piled up already, there shouldn't be a problem convincing a jury what happened.

I hope they get a jury that can follow a complex set of facts though.
Yeah, that is going to be difficult. It could take years.

Means is trying to act the role of defense attorney as well as his own witness.

Denied! Class is over.

On to a decision on the motion.
Not only is he a King Doofus, he is also a pompous butt. I am not a lawyer, but I read and listen to a lot of true crime! He is going to be a nightmare. Considering the meandering whining he did for way too long today, I can't imagine what he will do when there is actual evidence to be presented and witnesses to be questioned.

He went on and on airing all of his grievances. The judge even tried several times to help him along. Doesn't he know that a lawyer should not irritate or piss off the judge? I think he missed that day in school. She is going to hate him once the trial starts. I couldn't believe the end of the hearing when he kept repeating that he had ideas for fixing jail communication. I think he wanted the judge to ask him share his ideas or at least pat him on the head. This case is going to move at an snails pace.

Just tuning in to the court proceedings.

Wow.

IMO the defense lawyer does have a good point if there were recordings made of his discussions with his client and somehow the prosecution got to look at them.

The judge said a similar system that she knows about (not this particular one) does allow online access to look at recorded jail discussions by LE, DAs, Prosecution team, etc.

That sounds like a legitimate concern. Im not sure how the judge could reconcile if that had happened. Maybe one thing she could do is to not allow any statements used in the trial from those discussions.

But even if they are never allowed in the trial, it still would have given the prosecution team an advantage to know what the defense attorney and client discussed.

IMO all jails and how they are handling the COVID crisis need to be very careful in how they are handling things because if they are not careful then more of these types of issues will come up in other trials. I am already aware of another case where the defense lawyer is complaining they cannot guarantee privacy with their client. That is a big deal and it needs to be fixed.
I agree that lawyer client confidentiality is very important, but Mr. Means could have presented his arguments in 20 minutes tops, not 2 hours. The importance of the issues were lost in his presentation and it just sounded like he was airing an endless list of personal grievances.

This is a serious question. What duty, if any, does a judge have if they believe an attorney presenting in their court is incompetent? If there is no duty is there a way a judge can suggest defendant consider change of council, or must they just sit by and cringe when the attorney speaks, pointing out each individual error of law?
I suppose it differs by state, but I think all they can remove them for is drug or alcohol impairment, criminal behavior or an acute medical condition.

Says Lori met Chad Fall of 2018 at conference, with Melani.

Zombies are not in control of themselves and are detrimental to the work of God.

Yeah, I thought that was super interesting.

Melani clearly was functioning as Lori's Mini-Me for quite some time. Did she supplant Tylee in the role after she learned about the craziness of Chad, thus making it easier for Lori to emotionally "switch out" Tylee for Melani?

The woman we didn't know talking about Chad is a former follower, Angela Stone.

ETA: We've seen her before, possibly the previous episode? But she was blurred. Talked about being an extreme prepper.

Is she the person Nate Eaton brought into the fold? The "casting out demons from the computer" line seemed familiar, in which case she's already been on the Internet unblurred.

Whoah--- I love how Dateline called Melani out ..
"When in the hell is Eventually " ??
LOL--he knows she is bull$hitting her way thru this interview

Yeah, as above, there's no way Melani isn't in this up to her eyes, which should be turning brown by now.

As suspected, cute kids. My heart broke for the little brown-haired eldest daughter Melani was ominously stalking, even though we couldn't clearly see her face in the beach photo, sniffle. These really are an uncommonly good-looking bunch of people, on the whole... Colby's wife could be a (plus-size? maybe it's baby-weight, thus I don't want to assume) model, IMO.

I have some doubts about Ian. Maybe he told Melani he was wired and to be careful because things she said could be misconstrued. Maybe he thinks She is 100% innocent and was trying to help her cause.

Or maybe he knows she is involved and is protecting her.

The fact that he wore a wire and she is still with him is very very strange.

Ugh ok, someone please fill me in-did I miss something and Ian and the wire and Melani knowing?

Yeah, no, I don't think you did; but I also wouldn't be shocked to find that the first thing Ian did after arriving home from being mic'ed, was to flash Melani a scrawled piece of paper.

I wish I could watch this clearly. My antenna keeps going in and out, joys of being in a basement apartment. It totally crapped out the last 30 minutes.

Apparently NBC will only let you watch online if you have a cable service, even though you can get the local version for free, if your antenna isn't a piece of crap.
Why all of the Hoops NBC?

I guess I'll have to wait until they release this on their website, whenever that will be.

MOO

I think you can eventually get it from iTunes, if you just can't wait.

I'm really looking forward to perusing the "in-the-cloud" evidence of Lori and Chad's conspiring to have Tammy killed (hint, hint Nate).

I agree that lawyer client confidentiality is very important, but Mr. Means could have presented his arguments in 20 minutes tops, not 2 hours. The importance of the issues were lost in his presentation and it just sounded like he was airing an endless list of personal grievances.
Question please. Obviously Means didn't have all the legal documents to prove his point on the recordings. What If he does subpoena etc. To get the inform. Could he request the case be thrown out? Sorry don't know all the legal aspects. Also, did the Judge say..we were allowing the bond...I hearing because Means said there was new information coming to light. That she would have denied the bond hearing if all it had to do was with the recordings? Did I hear that correctly? Lori will fire Means..moo.. thanks ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox