Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

Charleston PD upgrades charges to murder for suspect in Celia Sweeney investigation

Charleston police have upgraded charges for a man tied to the murder of a woman whose body was found in the Upstate earlier this year.

CPD says that they used data found on Walton's phone records to retrace his movements along with a voicemail on his phone that was mostly inaudible. They also found him on a parking lot security camera handling the container Sweeney was found in with gloves, and that his efforts to conceal Sweeney's death spanned over an eight-hour period.

BBM
Because of Walton's apparent involvement, Charleston PD upgraded his charges to include murder. He was previously charged with accessory after the fact. Carr would have been charged with murder, but his death prevented that. Further, CPD originally thought Walton was only an accessory and that Carr lead the scheme, but the new evidence suggests otherwise, per affadavits.

Justice4Celia

10% cc WS/TOS

Charges upgraded to murder in Celia Sweeney Investigation
Newly obtained cell phone records indicate that Walton “traveled 496 steps between 3:03 and 3:12 a.m.” which detectives established was approximately the distance between Sweeney and her neighbor’s apartments. Sweeney’s neighbor confirmed that she and Walton got into an argument and she kicked him out shortly after 3:00 a.m. The last known communications sent from Sweeney’s phone were around 3:00 a.m.

Over the next several hours, the infotainment system on Carr’s Ford F-150 recorded the driver and passenger doors being opened and closed multiple times. Investigators later found a claw hammer with traces of blood on it, located in the passenger door pocket.

Detectives searched the neighbor’s apartment and found a pair of American flag cowboy boots with traces of blood on them as well. Security footage from the night of Sweeney’s death confirms that Walton was wearing the boots.

GS name has been removed from all stories and is now referred to as “the neighbor”

Yep because she has been looked into, questioned, searched & completely cleared from any involvement.
Hi @Kruainrb- welcome to WS! The new info about Walton is sure compelling, but I haven’t seen a formal statement by LE that GS is cleared. Is there a link for that you can post? Thanks!

As for Walton, the mountain of evidence seems to be growing! I’m just waiting to see if he will be charged with BC’s death as well. Speculation...

Paraphrased from @MJ09’s post:
▪️Walton’s phone tracked 496 steps between 3:03 & 3:12 a.m- the approx distance btwn Sweeney & GS apartments. Last comm sent from Sweeney’s phone approx 3:00 a.m.

▪️ Next several hours, BC’s Ford F-150 infotainment system recorded driver & passenger doors being opened/closed multiple times.

▪️ claw hammer with traces of blood, located in passenger door pocket of BC’s truck- where Walton rode.

▪️Walton’s boots (at GS apartment) had traces of blood on them

▪️ Home Depot security shows Walton putting on gloves prior to touching Husky container in which Sweeney’s body was later found.

Two things stand out. I don’t recall a case where vehicle technology was used to determine how many times a car door was opened & when. Wow!

And... with those bloody boots, didn’t Walton’s girlfriend have immediate questions? Most would play it cool, get him gone, lock the doors, call LE & go stay with a friend until an arrest occurred. Scary for sure, but seems like there were some delays here? Jmo.

Hi @Kruainrb- welcome to WS! The new info about Walton is sure compelling, but I haven’t seen a formal statement by LE that GS is cleared. Is there a link for that you can post? Thanks!

As for Walton, the mountain of evidence seems to be growing! I’m just waiting to see if he will be charged with BC’s death as well. Speculation...

▪️Walton’s phone tracked 496 steps between 3:03 & 3:12 a.m- the approx distance btwn Sweeney & GS apartments. Last comm sent from Sweeney’s phone approx 3:00 a.m.

▪️ Next several hours, BC’s Ford F-150 infotainment system recorded driver & passenger doors being opened/closed multiple times.

▪️ claw hammer with traces of blood, located in passenger door pocket of BC’s truck- where Walton rode.

▪️ Home Depot security shows Walton putting on gloves prior to touching Husky container in which Sweeney’s body was later found.

Two things stand out. I don’t recall a case where vehicle technology was used to determine how many times a car door was opened & when. Wow!

And... with those bloody boots, didn’t Walton’s girlfriend have immediate questions? Most would play it cool, get him gone, lock the doors, call LE & go stay with a friend until an arrest occurred. Scary for sure, but seems like there were some delays here? Jmo.

No formal link YET. I am an insider, with certainty I can say she is cleared. All I can say at this point is MW did a DAMN good job before he got arrested at pretending he didn’t know/hiding. Now of course seeing the evidence it shows his involvement but before that came out and before he got arrested trust when I say he had everyone fooled. Thank GOD for LE and I’m super happy they’ve done all they have so far. Let’s hope he gets the punishment he deserves!

Last edited:

Last edited:
RSBM for brevity

This info from that article stands out to me :
BBM
Sweeney’s neighbor confirmed that she and Walton got into an argument and she kicked him out shortly after 3:00 a.m. The last known communications sent from Sweeney’s phone were around 3:00 a.m.

I've always thought there was a lot of rage involved in Celia's homicide. Would an argument between MW and the "neighbor" be enough to trigger rage directed at Celia ? Or was it Celia who MW got into an argument with ? The wording can be construed a couple of ways, IMO. Who knows . . . . but something to think about.

JMOO

No formal link YET. I am an insider, with certainty I can say she is cleared. All I can say at this point is MW did a DAMN good job before he got arrested at pretending he didn’t know/hiding. Now of course seeing the evidence it shows his involvement but before that came out and before he got arrested trust when I say he had everyone fooled. Thank GOD for LE and I’m super happy they’ve done all they have so far. Let’s hope he gets the punishment he deserves!
Please make sure to become a VERIFIED INSIDER. That way you are able to present information without having to provide a link- otherwise Admins will have to remove your posts. Here is the information post:
Verified Professional and Insider Members

Please make sure to become a VERIFIED INSIDER. That way you are able to present information without having to provide a link- otherwise Admins will have to remove your posts. Here is the information post:
Verified Professional and Insider Members

Got it! Thanks for the link. I will most definitely be doing that so I can clear up any confusion on what I know the answer to!

RSBM for brevity

This info from that article stands out to me :
BBM

I've always thought there was a lot of rage involved in Celia's homicide. Would an argument between MW and the "neighbor" be enough to trigger rage directed at Celia ? Or was it Celia who MW got into an argument with ? The wording can be construed a couple of ways, IMO. Who knows . . . . but something to think about.

JMOO
That wording is unclear for sure. But I’m voting the argument was between Celia & Walton. The rage might not have been just from that one night. Could have been building over time. It was a triangle of sorts- Celia, the best friend/girlfriend, and Walton. Maybe Celia didn’t like the way Walton treated his GF- or encouraged GF to leave him? Maybe Walton didn’t like his GF spending time with Celia? All I know is I see pictures of Celia, and think what an attractive, classy-looking lady. Then I see pictures of Walton and I think who the heck would ever date HIM? He’s scruffy looking as all get out- I can’t fathom that someone who looks like Celia would have any friend- nevermind BEST friend- who would date that loser. Jmo. I’m guessing Carr, just there for the funeral, got caught in the crossfire. I won’t be surprised if it comes out that he was also killed by Walton. Jmo.

Welcome to WS, Worm! This is a bizarre case for sure. I’m thinking there’ll be a few surprises before Walton heads to his new permanent home. Jmo

I certainly agree. I just think BC is more involved than he is getting credit for. After all, he bought the stuff and took the chance to cross the state with a victim in his truck. As I read thru this thread, I noticed from media that LE had seen his truck go to Chas with no box in back via the tag cameras. I’m just I’m just lost on how they got her out of the apt and into his truck without being seen.

I certainly agree. I just think BC is more involved than he is getting credit for. After all, he bought the stuff and took the chance to cross the state with a victim in his truck. As I read thru this thread, I noticed from media that LE had seen his truck go to Chas with no box in back via the tag cameras. I’m just I’m just lost on how they got her out of the apt and into his truck without being seen.
Could be. No clue why BC participated in the cover-up- maybe threatened by Walton? I think they were able to move CS because it was after 3AM. And prob no cameras at apartment complex. Jmo. The truck’s electronics showed doors opening & closing multiple times after 3AM.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back