Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

His total amount bond is 750,000.
See very bottom @ link.
Case # Plaintiff Defendant Charge File Date Case Status Disp. Date
K684964 THE STATE OF SOUTH CAROLINA VS MARK DWAYNE WALTON MURDER / MURDER 04/08/2020 PENDING
Date Filing Document
05/01/2020 ORDER/BOND MODIFICATION/$250000 SU

04/27/2020 MOTION/DISCOVERY
04/27/2020 NOTICE OF APPEARANCE
04/24/2020 MOTION/MOTION FOR BOND
04/13/2020 WAIVE APPEARANCE AT BOND HEARING
04/13/2020 WARRANT AND AFFIDAVIT

Mark Walton has been released on bond as of May 2nd.
Sheriff's Office | Charleston County, SC | Search for Arrests
0001430698WALTON, MARK DWAYNE11/05/198303/03/202022:35RELEASEDMW05/02/202016:38

InmateImage.ashx

Additional Information
  • Height: 5 09
  • Weight: 180
  • Confinment Reason: ARREST WARRA
Charge Details
  • Arresting Agency
  • Charge #
  • Warrant #
  • Bond Amount
  • Charge Status
  • Charge Description
  • Court
  • Court Date

• CHAS
  • 16-1-55
  • 2020A1010201265
  • $500,000.00
  • DISMISS
  • ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT TO FELONY
  • GSC
  • CHAS
  • 16-3-10
  • K684964
  • $250,000.00
  • BOND POSTED
  • MURDER
  • GSC

Attachments

• mark.pdf
    495.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Public Index Error

Conditions of Bond per SC Judicial website :

Electronic Monitoring
House Arrest
Must attend virtual counseling as recommended by VA
Must turn over passport to Solicitors office
No Contact With Victim
No contact with Victim?
She is deceased (Murder by blunt force trauma)
Really this makes me so Angry!!!
Celia's family must me further heart broken.
Grrrrrrr
No No No
S.C. Man Who Prosecutors Used to Describe as an Accessory Is Now Charged with Celia Sweeney’s Murder

Mark Dwayne Walton, the South Carolina man charged as an accessory in the alleged slaying of 28-year-old Celia Sweeney, is now charged as her killer. Charleston County records show that 36-year-old defendant faces a new count of murder.

Last edited:
Was he not eligible for release before the charge was upgraded to murder? Why would he sit in jail for two months for accessory (which don’t get me wrong is still heinous but I can see family members making excuses and bailing him out) but released once the accusations are much more serious?

No contact with Victim?
She is deceased (Murder by blunt force trauma)
Really this makes me so Angry!!!
Celia's family must me further heart broken.
Grrrrrrr
No No No
S.C. Man Who Prosecutors Used to Describe as an Accessory Is Now Charged with Celia Sweeney’s Murder

Mark Dwayne Walton, the South Carolina man charged as an accessory in the alleged slaying of 28-year-old Celia Sweeney, is now charged as her killer. Charleston County records show that 36-year-old defendant faces a new count of murder.

No contact with victim means Celias family and GS... not Celia.

Was he not eligible for release before the charge was upgraded to murder? Why would he sit in jail for two months for accessory (which don’t get me wrong is still heinous but I can see family members making excuses and bailing him out) but released once the accusations are much more serious?

he was eligible when it was accessory, it was 500,000. No one posted for him. Then it got upgraded to murder with no bond. He got a new lawyer, and somehow managed to get a bond amount of 250,000.. and some apparently agreed to post it for him! Idk who would do that but it PISSES ME OFF

I'm wondering if, with the initial charge, it was thought he'd be out at sometime so let him sit there, but with the new charge this might be the only chance he gets to spend time with family, ever, so someone felt it worth putting up the bond?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rube Goldberg Variations
Back