Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean this? Or is there something else?

"Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, former owner of the popular Gene’s Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson."

Search is on for Alexandria native missing in Colorado

I posted that on the previous thread, yes. It is the first time the mainstream media has mentioned her side of the family. They have made no public statements to date.

Do you mean this? Or is there something else?

"Morphew is the daughter of Gene Moorman, former owner of the popular Gene’s Root Beer drive-in restaurant on Scatterfield Road in Anderson."

Search is on for Alexandria native missing in Colorado

I have the same question. Was this restaurant unordinary profitable?

ETA...or did I miss a different source of wealth? I was not aware that drive-in restaurants were terribly profitable??

I have followed so many cases that I usually form an opinion, sometime wrongly! This time I seem to have only questions with my opinion changing over every new facts and no answer.

At first I could only think of the Sheri Pappini's case and all its B.S. then that new mom and we all thought it was the husband while it was her best friend, and dozens of other cases.

I found it unusual that a mother of two would be home alone on Mother's Day. The college must have closed because of Covid-19 so she would normally be back home, the high school one was on a camping trip, hum...

The husband was in Denver on a Sunday: why? what does he do for a living? I know there is a listing showing firefighter but it seems, to me at least, that its volunteer work. They bought a house for a million and a half two years ago, hefty payments even with the current great rates. Financial problems? Was there a large insurance on Suzanne? Any love affairs by either one?

I hope we get answers, no case has been so fascinating in a long time.
Some colleges did not shut down due to foreign students not being able to leave the country. My daughter's was one of them. EDITED TO ADD- they did online classes, but students were able to stay at the dorm and shelter in place.

I have a bad feeling, (although I hope and pray I’m wrong) that she’s not alive. Reminds me a little bit like another case not long ago. Important evidence not revealed. They found items they think or believe are the missing persons’ but don’t tell you what- they’re keeping it quiet because investigation has moved into foul play and they’re looking not only for she but for a suspect as well...
Husband was happy, saw a post from end of April saying so, he loved his wife, he’s not a suspect I don’t believe at all, two beautiful daughters, Suzanne is beautiful...
Looked like a happy family.

To me choice of words appears to indicate TN is distancing himself from his Uncle. Might be reading too much into it, time and further updates from him will tell us if we are on the right track.
I'll probably get some flack for this, but here goes:

I don't right now care for TN. He was pretty much going against LE's wishes to stay silent on things- telling about Suzanne's bike being found and where. Started up his own search party- why? This family appears- I say appears- to have money- why ask the public for help with a for searchers? I would be interested to see if that money has indeed been paying for meals, hotels, etc.

I am not saying he's involved at all. I just don't like him and how he went against LE, telling people to call the sheriff's office to find out the condition of the bike. Seriously?

Last edited:
Just seeing these threads today. As a cyclist, especially mountain biking, I find it odd that no description of the bike has been mentioned anywhere. Bike groups are tight knit and would do anything to find a missing cyclist and/or bike.
Even if you don't belong to a biking group- most bikers look out for one another on trails. We have met some amazing people on our mountain biking journeys, and you are so right- they would be the first to help if needed. Especially if she rode her bike allegedly on that trail that day- bikers would remember seeing her.

Her foundation is a Christian-based charity and she does have that post about Him being the source of blessings

Did she attend religious services or have local church friends. They often assist in searches and publicizing missing members

Unfortunately, there isn't much personal being shared about her- other than where she lived before, she was a teacher, and her father owned a Drive In.

I find the house isolated, yet easily found from what looks like a major road.

It doesn't look to have a gate or fence around it. I would not want to be alone there for long with a husband that appears to travel for work. So much could happen there and there might not be anyone to hear screams or even gunshots. I'd have to have a large pack of attack dogs and lot so surveillance cameras to feel safe. And I'd sure want a fence with a gate.

I'm assuming with a house of that value there would be security cameras and alarms that LE has investigated.

And that huge gravel works or mine a couple of miles west of the house gives me the creeps.

Last edited:
Even if you don't belong to a biking group- most bikers look out for one another on trails. We have met some amazing people on our mountain biking journeys, and you are so right- they would be the first to help if needed. Especially if she rode her bike allegedly on that trail that day- bikers would remember seeing her.
and people could check Strava segments and FlyBys for her.

I posted that on the previous thread, yes. It is the first time the mainstream media has mentioned her side of the family. They have made no public statements to date.
This has been bothering me. Does SM have no living close relatives? No mother, father, sister or brother? I don't understand why no one is speaking up. Pleading with the public for information. I can't help but feel rather sad that no next of kin feels the need to speak on her behalf (except her nephew, or her husbands nephew, of course).

I have to ask this questi

I don't right now care for TN. He was pretty much going against LE's wishes to stay silent on things- telling about Suzanne's bike being found and where. Started up his own search party- why? This family appears- I say appears- to have money- why ask the public for help with a *** for searchers? I would be interested to see if that money has indeed been paying for meals, hotels, etc.

I am not saying he's involved at all. I just don't like him and how he went against LE, telling people to call the sheriff's office to find out the condition of the bike. Seriously?
I get it. I’ve thought a nephew being so out front and raising money is a little weird unless he is super close to them. And calling his uncle “the husband” doesn’t indicate super duper closeness at least to him. Maybe he is super close to his aunt? His cousins? Is he taking charge for their sake? I don’t know, but it’s odd for sure. It’s possible we’re just not aware of their specific family dynamics though.

I don't right now care for TN. He was pretty much going against LE's wishes to stay silent on things- telling about Suzanne's bike being found and where. Started up his own search party- why? This family appears- I say appears- to have money- why ask the public for help with a *** for searchers? I would be interested to see if that money has indeed been paying for meals, hotels, etc.

Maybe he's speaking for his uncle the husband. If LE wasn't sharing info with him perhaps they thought putting it on the public would help generate some details they were not receiving. It made no sense for TN to make that statement if he knew the condition of the bike. This was a self-serving request made to the public. MOO

This has been bothering me. Does SM have no living close relatives? No mother, father, sister or brother? I don't understand why no one is speaking up. Pleading with the public for information. I can't help but feel rather sad that no next of kin feels the need to speak on her behalf (except her nephew, or her husbands nephew, of course).

If I was missing and my wife didn’t speak to the media, she would be my ex wife if I survived. I just told her.

So there is an alarm system, no surprise.

ISatw1thwup52k1000000000.webp

Looks like a typical ADT alarm box there right by what appears to be the door into the garage.

I admittedly was surprised at the respect the media showed at the presser when opened up for questions.

Seems they read the tone of the investigation and didn't push it compared to all the questions we're asking right here!

I'm also glad that somebody raised the self-harm question and glad that's out of the way. (Sheriff said no to self-harm).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missletoes