Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I'm not finding or seeing the video in any of those links.

It looks like they've uploaded the bodycam footage to their YouTube channel though:

ETA second video:

Notable IMO, this footage allows us to see CV’s demeanor AFTER he has already dealt with his return trip being canceled, his having to buy another ticket, his truck having been removed from where he’d left it so he had to find another way to get home from the airport, his account being emptied so he won’t be able to make payroll, and no one answering his calls. Despite all that, in his statements to the LE officer, he sounded worried about Lori and about the kids. Then, at the house, he discovers the locks have been changed, so he has to break in to gain access, and once inside, he learns much of his stuff has been removed.

CV remained calm throughout. Despite all those circumstances that would test the patience limits of most any person, I saw none of the mean, nasty, occasionally mildly violent man that Lori described in her various statements to police. What’s more, there was no vilification of Lori; there was only concern about her and confusion about how quickly things seem to have unraveled.

It looks like they've uploaded the bodycam footage to their YouTube channel though:

Wow it's heartbreaking to hear his voice. A few things that stuck out to me:

-Charles said there a rifle in the house, but he doesn't know if she knows how to use it. (~10:30)
-There was a 19-year-old nephew staying there. (~12:26) (Around 12:50 he says Lori's got him "buffaloed" too.)
- On a lighter note, I laughed at the way the police were coaching him how to break into his own house. :D (~16:00)

For people wondering about the status of Yellowstone Park, this article appeared in the Bozeman newspaper last week. It doesn't mention searches specifically but I would assume law enforcement activities are exceptions to the rules. All the roads to the Norris/Old Faithful area seem to be open now. So I'm going to guess they are searching--and aren't likely to announce anything to the public.

Yellowstone to open Wyoming entrances Monday; Montana entrances remain closed until at least June

Where exactly in Yellowstone was that last picture of Tylee taken?

Is it possible someone else in Lori's circle was also at YNP that weekend? Or maybe just another crazy coincidence...

Lewis Falls, YNP.

Attachments

• 2019-07-12.jpg
    2019-07-12.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 32
Having watched the videos I saw a man who was scared for his life, confused and concerned for his wife and her mental well-being, concerned for his children and nephew, concerned for his employees and his business responsibilities. I saw a man who was soft spoken, gentle, not accustomed to violence (he had a hard time breaking into his own house, and he even asked for LE permission to do so), patient, respectful of LE and authority (he never interrupted or tried to speak over them or argue with them. I saw a man confused, frustrated, desperate and pleading for help on knowing what to do to help his wife and children.

What I didn't see was a man who was angry, vengeful, spiteful, or only concerned with money (his money concern wasn't about the money itself, rather it was that the money was supposed to be used to make payroll for those he hired. And even then he only mentioned it briefly, mostly his focus throughout the video was just showing concern for his own family and their safety and well-being).

I could see and understand that LE's hands were tied and they were unable to help him that night, but it was still heart breaking to witness. From what little I saw of Charles in those videos I believe he was/is a good man with a good heart. Quite the opposite of what I've seen from Lori. IMO.

Last edited:

Is it possible someone else in Lori's circle was also at YNP that weekend? Or maybe just another crazy coincidence...

Lewis Falls, YNP.
It appears to be on the boardwalk right in front of East Chinaman Spring, in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone. But I've never been there myself so I'm going off of what others have said and pictures/video I've seen of the area.

ETA second video:

A very small transcript, about a minute long, from the first video (about 2:30mins to 3:20mins):

31st Jan 2019

Officer: So she’s speaking as a spiritual being?

Charles Vallow: She’s not here, she’s lost her reality.

O: Is this just all recent or has it been going on?

CV: It’s been going on for about 4 or 5 years, it’s gotten really, really bad lately. She goes to the temple every day and speaks with Moroni and Jesus Christ and they tell her what to do. And now she came here today and last couple days she says I’m not Charles, uh ‘you’re not Charles, you’re Nick Schneider’. I don’t know where she gets these names from. She’s got all this stuff, these people in Utah who tell her how many past lives she’s had, and probations she’s had, and she was married to Moroni back way back when, she was also married to James the Just in a…

O: Okay this is all foreign to me.

CV: It’s just as foreign to me…

O: Well I’m not LDS

CV: It’s crazy stuff.

O: And are you using LDS terms here?

CV: Yes, but it’s just she’s, she’s non-sensical.

It appears to be on the boardwalk right in front of East Chinaman Spring, in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone. But I've never been there myself so I'm going off of what others have said and pictures/video I've seen of the area.

If it's East Chinaman Spring (which it looks like it could be), that's on the boardwalk that circles Old Faithful. خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

In the Old Faithful webcam, I think the springs is just about directly on the far side of the geyser Webcam (U.S. National Park Service)

I've been there many times over the years. It's a pretty spring but not one I would have chosen for a family picture. It's not even marked as a feature on many of the maps of the Upper Basin.

Lewis Falls, YNP.

Certainly possible. Considering the time of year, a good portion of the population of the surrounding areas was probably in the park -- pretty sure some of my family members were, though they were up north in the Lamar Valley.

Anybody who came in through the south entrance (the one that leads to Jackson WY) would have gone past that pretty waterfall. It's right off the highway. You don't even have to walk to see it.

Oh wow, I can't believe we missed this. What despicable people...

Lori's sister and mother say that's nonsense. They claim Lori stockpiled JJ's medication, so he didn't need that pill bottle found by police. And as for Bailey?

Janis Cox: I don't think Bailey's an issue, as far as JJ is concerned.

Jonathan Vigliotti: There's a lot going on that just doesn't add up —

Janis Cox: OK. I — I do know about the dog. I was over there a lot. Charles loved Bailey. JJ was not really attached to it—

Summer Shiflet: He was fine without him.

So basically... "somebody" "thinks" Bailey is/was a pet.

Isn't that conveeeeeeenient???

Clearly Bailey was needed; because clearly JJ is autistic; and we've seen his unguarded, untended reactions on the infamous Ring camera footage, when he had no Bailey.

Plus, what about Kay's (? I think) statement that Bailey was supposed to keep JJ from getting out of bed and leaving the house at night?

IMO CBS missed a golden opportunity to return to Bailey's trainer and ask what the dog was trained to do; though perhaps too deep a dive is against HIPAA, because it sounds like nonsense to me.

Charles and Kay have told us that Lori said she "cannot handle" JJ.

In case we wonder what Lori meant by this and can't trust the evidence; people have already helpfully pointed out that Lori's showing up in Hawaii with Tylee and not JJ, proves independently that Lori in fact couldn't handle JJ; which means that someone (or some pet) has to.

Lori also separated JJ from his iPad with the calming apps on it, which JC never bothered to mention (probably "Grandma-of-the-Year" doesn't know of its existence); so there's another strike against Lori, because to hammer the nail home once again, Lori has removed every support pillar from JJ that (it now seems likely) Charles was the one to push for.

Not to say that few to none of these things actually helped JJ; for all we know, all this stuff helped him, and the only reason JC is saying it didn't is because circle-the-wagons around Lori. But now I'm starting to wonder if the Cox family is anti-doctor/medical treatment in the bargain; because it certainly doesn't seem like Alex believed in regular physicals, assuming he in fact did die of natural causes, because it's also starting to seem weird to me that Alex's trucking employer didn't require their truckers to have regular physicals.

6:17 mins to 6:58 mins - first video linked in post #440

CV: She's psychologically, she's gone. Something's happened to her.
O: How old is she?
CV: 45.
O: So if we talk to her is she going to be able to have a rational conversation with us?
CV: Oh she will, I'm sure she will, yeah. She's, she's just...
O: She'll probably tell me I'm crazy huh? Is that what you suspect?
CV: Probably. She...you're a dark spirit. That's what she's going to tell you. I'm a dark spirit, Gabe's, he's our bishop, he's going to be a dark spirit. Whatever that means...okay... you're evil.
O: You said this has been going on for like 4 years?
CV: Well, to an extent, but it's gotten really bad the last several months. And I did try to ignore it, because hoping it'll get better.

A very small transcript, about a minute long, from the first video (about 2:30mins to 3:20mins):

31st Jan 2019

Officer: So she’s speaking as a spiritual being?

Charles Vallow: She’s not here, she’s lost her reality.

O: Is this just all recent or has it been going on?

CV: It’s been going on for about 4 or 5 years, it’s gotten really, really bad lately. She goes to the temple every day and speaks with Moroni and Jesus Christ and they tell her what to do. And now she came here today and last couple days she says I’m not Charles, uh ‘you’re not Charles, you’re Nick Schneider’. I don’t know where she gets these names from. She’s got all this stuff, these people in Utah who tell her how many past lives she’s had, and probations she’s had, and she was married to Moroni back way back when, she was also married to James the Just in a…

O: Okay this is all foreign to me.

CV: It’s just as foreign to me…

O: Well I’m not LDS

CV: It’s crazy stuff.

O: And are you using LDS terms here?

CV: Yes, but it’s just she’s, she’s non-sensical.

BBM: So, (1): any ideas on who were the "Utah people"?

(2), what about "going on for four or five years" (!!)?

I think this seems likely to mean "Lori involved in PAP/AVOW" and that those were the "Utah people", than it does mean "Lori directly involved with Chad", but; who knows at this point??

Wow it's heartbreaking to hear his voice. A few things that stuck out to me:

-Charles said there a rifle in the house, but he doesn't know if she knows how to use it. (~10:30)
-There was a 19-year-old nephew staying there. (~12:26) (Around 12:50 he says Lori's got him "buffaloed" too.)
- On a lighter note, I laughed at the way the police were coaching him how to break into his own house. :D (~16:00)
Also, Lori had a Hawaii driver's license, something we discussed back in January now confirmed.

The part about the rifle was interesting as was Zach's mention.

Overall though Charles seems like a truly nice guy, very calm, and loving in spite of what he had been through.

ETA: Charles says Lori is against medications. Could explain why she stopped giving to JJ.

O: So if we talk to her is she going to be able to have a rational conversation with us?
CV: Probably. She...you're a dark spirit. That's what she's going to tell you. I'm a dark spirit, Gabe's, he's our bishop, he's going to be a dark spirit. Whatever that means...okay... you're evil.
CV: Well, to an extent, but it's gotten really bad the last several months. And I did try to ignore it, because hoping it'll get better.

Is Gabe the dark spirit their LDS bishop? Jmo

BBM: OK, diving back in: It seems as if my surmise is correct, that "dark spirit" in this context = "anybody who tells Lori 'no'."

It's particularly clear from this, to me, that means Charles had tried to get their bishop to intervene but because he's not in the cult, Lori has decided that he too is the Enemy.

BBM: So, (1): any ideas on who were the "Utah people"?

(2), what about "going on for four or five years" (!!)?

I think this seems likely to mean "Lori involved in PAP/AVOW" and that those were the "Utah people", than it does mean "Lori directly involved with Chad", but; who knows at this point??
Well the stuff about her past lives came from Chad in the 'family history' document he emailed her in October 2018. I don't know how that reconciles with Utah, something must have made him think that. I'd love to know what church link he sent to Tylee the night before.

This is a reminder of what she said to police the next morning - from the police bodycam of the stolen purse report -

TR: So he at first text me, ‘are you doing okay today, hey girl are you [redacted] please [redacted] your mom I may not be home for a bit, love you, sent me a strange link to a website about our church,

LV: About crazy people.

TR: Yeah, um said this is what’s happening, and then he text me at almost midnight . . .

I think it's interesting that Lori says the website is about crazy people. I think that's for Tylee's benefit more than anyone else's, such as the police that day. She wants Tylee to think she's not involved in that, so that Tylee will ignore it.

MOO
That's a very interesting thought. I wonder if the website was AVOW as their address is actually LDSavow.com. I believe Lori (and Melani, and many others in their circle) may have had an account and that's how they got caught up in the craziness and connected with the people they did. Lori may have not wanted Tylee to go down that rabbit hole (was there incriminating evidence of stuff going on between Lori and others there?).

Why is there no crying tears emoji??

These videos have been the hardest, of everything, for me to watch. Seeing Charles so concerned about his children, wondering about his recourse with a spouse he's afraid had gone so far off the deep end she may hurt his children. And to know that she (and her accomplices) killed him, and probably did the same to those kids he's so worried about. Ugh!!!! :mad:

I assume this nephew is the one speaking out on Twitter against his aunts, but I can't believe he hasn't mentioned that HE WAS THERE for at least some of this drama! I'll be watching to see what hits his feed in the next few days.

I was surprised Charles indicated this had been going on for 4-5 YEARS (obviously not to this extent, but he's been concerned). And going to the temple daily, totally bizarre.

I was right in guessing that GB held a position of authority in CVs congregation. He was reaching out for help as one would expect. Heartbreaking.

This makes me angrier at the officers on the morning shift acting all shady about the psych eval.

Also, I'm pretty sure while he's trying to kick in the door he jokes, "this isn't going to end up on tv?" *Insert bawling emoji*

And he mentions Bailey almost never barks due to his training. That *may* explain why we don't hear him July 11?

ETA: Charles may not have known that CD was based in ID (at this point). That could be why he says UT. Or, he could certainly mean the larger group(s), or even just their affiliation with Mormonism.

Oh wow, I can't believe we missed this. What despicable people...

Lori's sister and mother say that's nonsense. They claim Lori stockpiled JJ's medication, so he didn't need that pill bottle found by police. And as for Bailey?

Janis Cox: I don't think Bailey's an issue, as far as JJ is concerned.

Jonathan Vigliotti: There's a lot going on that just doesn't add up —

Janis Cox: OK. I — I do know about the dog. I was over there a lot. Charles loved Bailey. JJ was not really attached to it—

Summer Shiflet: He was fine without him.

So basically... "somebody" "thinks" Bailey is/was a pet.

Isn't that conveeeeeeenient???

Clearly Bailey was needed; because clearly JJ is autistic; and we've seen his unguarded, untended reactions on the infamous Ring camera footage, when he had no Bailey.

Plus, what about Kay's (? I think) statement that Bailey was supposed to keep JJ from getting out of bed and leaving the house at night?

IMO CBS missed a golden opportunity to return to Bailey's trainer and ask what the dog was trained to do; though perhaps too deep a dive is against HIPAA, because it sounds like nonsense to me.

Charles and Kay have told us that Lori said she "cannot handle" JJ.

In case we wonder what Lori meant by this and can't trust the evidence; people have already helpfully pointed out that Lori's showing up in Hawaii with Tylee and not JJ, proves independently that Lori in fact couldn't handle JJ; which means that someone (or some pet) has to.

Lori also separated JJ from his iPad with the calming apps on it, which JC never bothered to mention (probably "Grandma-of-the-Year" doesn't know of its existence); so there's another strike against Lori, because to hammer the nail home once again, Lori has removed every support pillar from JJ that (it now seems likely) Charles was the one to push for.

Not to say that few to none of these things actually helped JJ; for all we know, all this stuff helped him, and the only reason JC is saying it didn't is because circle-the-wagons around Lori. But now I'm starting to wonder if the Cox family is anti-doctor/medical treatment in the bargain; because it certainly doesn't seem like Alex believed in regular physicals, assuming he in fact did die of natural causes, because it's also starting to seem weird to me that Alex's trucking employer didn't require their truckers to have regular physicals.
Great post! I think they’re anti anyone and anything that might interfere in or intrude on the Cox family way of life. The more I see and hear from these people, the angrier I get. These attempts to justify Lori’s actions are leading me to believe they never cared about the children at all.

It’s one thing to espouse oddly different religious beliefs and/or to be anti big government or anti LE. I may not agree but as long as you’re not advocating violence or interfering with my rights or anyone else’s, go right ahead. Just don’t ask for help when things don’t go the way you hoped. These people obviously have no qualms about violence, given
their casual attitude about missing children, dead spouses, attempted murders and their description of Alex, who was “not a hit man” wink wink.

This news tour they‘ve been on, with attorneys off camera, evading the questions and yammering on and on trying spin to excuses for Lori “hiding” the children makes them (in my mind, if not legally) complicit in whatever happened to the children. I hope Idaho CPS is paying close attention to this s#/%show because it’s not just spouses who are in danger here. Children appear to be expendable in this family and something has to be done before they all join JJ and Tylee “hiding out” for fear of threats and custody battles. The only people making and carrying out threats in this case seem to be members of the Cox family.
Rant over.
ALL JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics