GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was pulled over in my hometown late one night, after I'd stopped by a store.

Similar situation, I "looked like a drug dealer", as if that's a valid reason to pull someone over. I later complained to the PD, and was brushed off. Luckily nothing came of it, like planting drugs or what have you.

Some years later the chief of police, and several cops within that PD, were thrown in prison for all manner of illegal activities, imagine some of the worst things a PD can do to violate the public trust, they did it. The PD in that town of 100K had to be cleaned up, then it took some time for trust to be restored.

I have a sneaking suspicion a wound has been opened in Brunswick County, GA. There will be a major investigation of LE there in the wake of this case, by GBI and maybe even the U.S. DoJ.

Did they tell you that you looked like a drug dealer?

Here is the sentence that cause me extreme anger and profound sadness for a needless death:
they followed him because THEY BELIEVED HE WAS A SUSPSECT in 2 burglaries in the Satilla Shores Area

THE BELIEVED- THEY BELIEVED

on what freaking basis did THEY BELIVE?
they chased a man for FOUR MINUTES BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED?

I cannot get over it- they had not one scintilla of evidence- what the heck- how outrageous-- and who the h---are they to have chased this poor man and shot him to death???

It is so outrageous as to be incomprehensible

It is heart breaking.

Bodycam footage shows Ahmaud Arbery getting arrested in 2017 for shoplifting | Daily Mail Online

All of this is going to be used to dirty him up and try and justify his murder.

Here is the sentence that cause me extreme anger and profound sadness for a needless death:
they followed him because THEY BELIEVED HE WAS A SUSPSECT in 2 burglaries in the Satilla Shores Area

THE BELIEVED- THEY BELIEVED

on what freaking basis did THEY BELIVE?
they chased a man for FOUR MINUTES BECAUSE THEY BELIEVED?

I cannot get over it- they had not one scintilla of evidence- what the heck- how outrageous-- and who the h---are they to have chased this poor man and shot him to death???

It is so outrageous as to be incomprehensible

It is heart breaking.

Bodycam footage shows Ahmaud Arbery getting arrested in 2017 for shoplifting | Daily Mail Online

All of this is going to be used to dirty him up and try and justify his murder.
Yes, it will dirty him up and perhaps explain his murder. But, nothing justifies it. Terrible situation all around.

Gough on Monday asked the attorneys for the Arbery family not to pursue charges against Bryan.

"Mr. Bryan is not your enemy," Gough said. "Please stop, if not for the sake of my client's family, then for the sake of the Arbery family and the cause you fight for."

"Killing off the star witness for the prosecution will not help bring Ahmaud's killers to justice," he added.

Attorney says Ahmaud Arbery's family wants man who filmed fatal shooting arrested as his attorney says lie detector test proves he didn't participate - CNN

Perhaps Roddie should request immunity from prosecution like Linda Kasabian did.

All this info about AA's past brushes with police is supposed to paint him in the light the Ms saw him in the day they killed him. It is meant to "explain" why they felt he was a "burglary suspect" in their neighborhood.

but it actually in my eyes makes them look worse. No normal, average, not connected to powerful people in LE or DA office, citizen, would have any reason to know that AA had ANY brushes with LE in the past.

So IMO IF GM and TM had researched or recognized AA prior to killing him and decided this is a "bad guy" who needs "arrested" it looks worse for them because it goes to premeditation.

The well he was a criminal before so was probably being a criminal that day spin will backfire IMO

The shoplifting ARREST video is actually very interesting.

Interesting in that LE identifies AA to the fellow in the blue t-shirt, not the other way around. Who is that fellow? Since the accusation was about a WalMart TV, perhaps he's an uncover WalMart store cop?

But. After being told the boys' ages, he accused them all of trespassing, NOT shoplifting, then tells LE he wants to press charges against AA. For trespassing. That's kinda curious, eh? And the trespassing he accused them of is riding bikes on "his patio." Huh?

Curious upon curious. All 4 of the boys/young men are on foot, and appear to be on the outer edge of the parking lot. They are not carrying a 65" TV. Where is the TV? It's not in their possession. Was a 65" TV actually even removed from the store?

LE accuses AA of stealing the TV. Actually, what he seems to be saying is that AA had the TV on a cart and rolled it right out of the store. So where is the TV?

At other points LE seemed to be saying AA just tried to roll the TV out. As an aside, AA would have had to taken the TV all the way outside to have committed the offense of shoplifting. Where is the TV? LE was clearly called to the scene after the fact. They call out to the boys AFTER they are far away from the store proper. With no TV in their possession.

And the only other person on the scene is presumably WalMart security. Who, again, does NOT tell LE he wants to press charges for shoplifting.

So, why is it that a few minutes into LE's encounter with LE that he is arrested? For shoplifting?

If you read MSM stories about this incident closely, the fact is they all report that AA was CHARGED with shoplifting. They do not report that AA was CONVICTED.

If AA had actually been convicted, the odds are his probation would have been REVOKED, meaning he would have served the remainder of the gun charge conviction in jail. That didn't happen.

Instead, AA was dinged with a parole VIOLATION as a result of his excursion to/encounter at WalMart.

As explained in the link below, there are 2 kinds of parole violation. The bad-bad kind includes committing another crime while on probation.

But there are also "technical" violations of probation, the list of which is long, kinda open ended and very much open to interpretation by LE.

GM's investigation of AA's alleged shoplifting does not appear to have resulted in a conviction, and the violation of probation which didn't result in revocation most likely was a technical violation.

And perhaps one of no greater magnitude or merit than rapping in his car in a park where others were alleged to use drugs.

UNDERSTANDING PROBATION VIOLATIONS AND REVOCATIONS IN GEORGIA COURTS

The shoplifting ARREST video is actually very interesting.

Interesting in that LE identifies AA to the fellow in the blue t-shirt, not the other way around. Who is that fellow? Since the accusation was about a WalMart TV, perhaps he's an uncover WalMart store cop?

But. After being told the boys' ages, he accused them all of trespassing, NOT shoplifting, then tells LE he wants to press charges against AA. For trespassing. That's kinda curious, eh? And the trespassing he accused them of is riding bikes on "his patio." Huh?

Curious upon curious. All 4 of the boys/young men are on foot, and appear to be on the outer edge of the parking lot. They are not carrying a 65" TV. Where is the TV? It's not in their possession. Was a 65" TV actually even removed from the store?

LE accuses AA of stealing the TV. Actually, what he seems to be saying is that AA had the TV on a cart and rolled it right out of the store. So where is the TV?

At other points LE seemed to be saying AA just tried to roll the TV out. As an aside, AA would have had to taken the TV all the way outside to have committed the offense of shoplifting. Where is the TV? LE was clearly called to the scene after the fact. They call out to the boys AFTER they are far away from the store proper. With no TV in their possession.

And the only other person on the scene is presumably WalMart security. Who, again, does NOT tell LE he wants to press charges for shoplifting.

So, why is it that a few minutes into LE's encounter with LE that he is arrested? For shoplifting?

If you read MSM stories about this incident closely, the fact is they all report that AA was CHARGED with shoplifting. They do not report that AA was CONVICTED.

If AA had actually been convicted, the odds are his probation would have been REVOKED, meaning he would have served the remainder of the gun charge conviction in jail. That didn't happen.

Instead, AA was dinged with a parole VIOLATION as a result of his excursion to/encounter at WalMart.

As explained in the link below, there are 2 kinds of parole violation. The bad-bad kind includes committing another crime while on probation.

But there are also "technical" violations of probation, the list of which is long, kinda open ended and very much open to interpretation by LE.

GM's investigation of AA's alleged shoplifting does not appear to have resulted in a conviction, and the violation of probation which didn't result in revocation most likely was a technical violation.

And perhaps one of no greater magnitude or merit than rapping in his car in a park where others were alleged to use drugs.

UNDERSTANDING PROBATION VIOLATIONS AND REVOCATIONS IN GEORGIA COURTS

I think there must have been a TV at some point because Arbery twice claims to have a receipt for it. Both times he makes that claim he tries to get up off the ground and the cop tells him to sit back down. It's his second attempt to get up which prompts the cop to arrest him.

At 01:10.

He was arrested, plead guilty and received 5 years probation.

Which means he was on probation at the time of the February incident. IMO, that changes things up a bit.

MOO.

All this info about AA's past brushes with police is supposed to paint him in the light the Ms saw him in the day they killed him. It is meant to "explain" why they felt he was a "burglary suspect" in their neighborhood.

but it actually in my eyes makes them look worse. No normal, average, not connected to powerful people in LE or DA office, citizen, would have any reason to know that AA had ANY brushes with LE in the past.

So IMO IF GM and TM had researched or recognized AA prior to killing him and decided this is a "bad guy" who needs "arrested" it looks worse for them because it goes to premeditation.

The well he was a criminal before so was probably being a criminal that day spin will backfire IMO

I agree with your points. Just want to add that IMO the "shoplifting" and taze videos will inevitably reinforce the assumptions of criminality made by some. No matter what is actually on the videos.

In fact, at age 26, Ahmaud Arbery had exactly one known conviction to his name: carrying a gun into a restricted area, incurred when he was 19. This in a state with very permissive gun laws, very few restrictions on gun purchase, registration, or where guns may be carried, and IMO, steadfast opposition to having anyone dictate to Georgians how they should handle their guns.

Exactly how that offence in particular is offered up as evidence of AA's "criminality" is.....interesting.

Personnel records obtained by the I-TEAM show that Glynn County police officer who enlisted a retired district attorney investigator help with unwanted visitors in the Satilla Shores neighborhood -- where Ahmaud Arbery was later shot and killed -- was reprimanded for his involvement in a previous highly-criticized case handled by Glynn County Police Department.

Officer Robert Rash was disciplined in 2018 for failing to arrest a fellow officer who he and other officers saw assault his estranged wife, and then try to break into her home, personnel records show.
Fellow officer, Lt. Robert “Corry” Sasser" also swung and slapped at the officers in the incident was captured on a body camera.

Officers on the scene, including Rash, failed to arrest Sasser for what then-police Chief John Powell later called “clear criminal violations."
“The oath that each officer on the scene and who work at this department has taken to uphold the laws of the United States and the state of Georgia does not have a caveat that states, unless the offender is a law enforcement officer,” wrote Powell.

The letter of reprimand also stated that officers were laughing and joking when the situation de-escalated and officers referred to Sasser as a lieutenant during the domestic violence call.

Sasser later killed his estranged wife, her male friend and himself.
Glynn County officer who asked homeowner to report trespasser to neighbor was disciplined before
Now that's a bombshell!

At 01:10.

He was arrested, plead guilty and received 5 years probation.

Which means he was on probation at the time of the February incident. IMO, that changes things up a bit.

MOO.

Only if the accused killers had access to his records would they know if he was on probation or in violation of his probation. To my knowledge, the accused killers have stated that they did not know the name or identity of Mr. Arbery. According to them, they stated they were attempting a citizen's arrest.

Would this factor have change how Mr. Arbery reacted? We won't know. But, since the people chasing him were not LEO and did not identify themselves as LEO, I don't see Mr. Arbery linking the situation to any of his past encounters with LEO/record.

I am curious that many continue to look Mr. Arbery's past but are not suspect of one of the accused killers who had not done training necessary to continue to arrest others and, ultimately, was unable to continue his job based on his refusal to train. Is that not odd and concerning behaviors? To me, these behaviors are very concerning. If the accused killers knew who Mr. Arbery was and were acting based on his past, why was that not in the initial police report? What is the truth of their actions? At this point, they are much more suspect in their behavior. Mr. English has stated numerous times that nothing was taken. Mr. Arbery may have been guilty of a simple trespass and didn't deserve to have two vigilantes go after him with guns. He brandished no guns. In fact, the accused killers presented a greater threat to their neighbors by toting their guns through the neighborhood and approaching a person with said guns. They could have killed an innocent bystander or Mr. Bryan who was traveling behind them. As always, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname