Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
While members may continue to discuss whatever is in the Daily Mail and on Nancy Grace, please do your absolute best to formulate your post so as not to be making insinuations or direct accusations against anyone who is not officially named a POI or suspect.

We don't want to be responsible for re-victimizing anyone who is already a victim. In the Tori Stafford case, social media, the general public, and even WSers had Tori's mom basically tarred and feathered when in fact it was two totally different monsters who were responsible for Tori's disappearance and death. Let's not go there.

IMO they have a warrant because they are not going to take the chance of anything being thrown out. They are crossing their t’s and dotting their i’s. I’m POSITIVE they have a warrant, and it’s very specific. Jmo

It's certainly a reasonable assumption they'd have a warrant, especially considering they're collecting items, bagging & tagging, as it were.

Ah, I thought it looked too "textured" to be a paper bag. But that makes sense if it is.

When I looked at the picture you posted, I thought, "yeah,. that does look like carpet!" But then I thought the edges were too neat to be carpet (I was assuming it had been cut out?). Then I thought maybe the texture was a result of the resolution - it is likely a picture taken from quite a distance.

Have we ever seen a case where they conducted an extensive SW on a residence and it turned out to be an abduction not related to anyone in the home? Just wondering. I agree with the posters that there would have to have been probable cause for the judge to sign off on the warrant.

Not looking good, moo. But then neither was being abducted by a stranger/stalker etc. or falling off a cliff or into a crevice.

Last edited:
it's one of the those big plastic bags they make now - it's maybe a rug, towel, shirt? IMO
ETA: I see someone upthread pointed out the brown evidence bags - could be that i just see a curve to it that makes me think it's fabric - I don't recall seeing them double bagging evidence like this before but it could be what they have put in there that makes them double bag if it is the paper evidence bag
JMO

The double bagging could be a new policy due to COVID, as well.
Just thinking out loud.

Rest assured there is at least one search warrant if LE is collecting and removing items from the house. Not their first rodeo, as the saying goes. All LE knows the rules of evidence and there must be consent -or- a written search warrant (sometimes LE will have obtained both in a case).

Everything is done by a process that is intended to preserve evidence legally for future litigation in court.

I suspect that she went missing before Mother’s Day. Messages may have been sent from her phone up until a day or so before Mother’s Day. However, since it would have been very odd for her to be unavailable to actually speak to her daughters on Mother’s Day, the disappearance occurred. Not sure who was involved, but I’m sure the authorities are working diligently to find out.

So does anyone think it's a business dealing gone bad? Why did her husband talk to her in the video and not the abductor? I ASSUME he did not think she left on her own! He could have been tired and just emotionally depleted too. So now I assume they are searching inside the house, right?

it's one of the those big plastic bags they make now - it's maybe a rug, towel, shirt? IMO
ETA: I see someone upthread pointed out the brown evidence bags - could be that i just see a curve to it that makes me think it's fabric - I don't recall seeing them double bagging evidence like this before but it could be what they have put in there that makes them double bag if it is the paper evidence bag
JMO

That's what I'm thinking. I've seen the double-bagging done for a bit, just while they're collecting and transporting evidence. It needs to be in paper in the long-term as they analyze and store it to avoid problems like mildew growth, but this would be acceptable for the short-term collection and transportation, and not a bad idea since paper tears and soaks through so easily.

I don’t know how to post photos, but someone said the spray bottle in one of the photos might be luminal. If it is, it looks like they used almost all of it.

28619414-8340119-image-a-55_1589980516056.jpg

If you need to use this function in the future:

right click image< view image < copy the link < click on the image button in the little tool bar here <paste link.

Last edited:
Ah, I thought it looked too "textured" to be a paper bag. But that makes sense if it is.
When I 1st looked I thought it was carpet, then was like maybe cork board or particle board. I know they use paper bags but do they then place paper bags inside a ziplock too? I guess that it could be part of evidence protocol.

Have we ever seen a case where they conducted an extensive SW on a residence and it turned out to be an abduction not related to anyone in the home? Just wondering. I agree with the posters that there would have to have been probable cause for the judge to sign off on the warrant.

Not looking good, moo. But then neither was being abducted by a stranger or falling off a cliff or into a crevice.
BBM:Yea that is why I m confused! I thought her possible. abduction was outside!!!!

JMO

To me, it looks like one of those heavy-duty paper envelopes like Amazon mails small items in. Maybe something that arrived at the house, rather than double-bagged. It does have the curve, but paper will do that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xobehtedistuO