Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.
Yes, I agree. I have to travel with my job. When I was married, my husband loved going with me when he was able to. I’m in a predominantly male field and many of the wives go with their husbands on these trips. Side note, I think you meant Barry not Dennis.

Lest we forget, straight from BM ...
“Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there that can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back,” said Barry Morphew. “We love you. We miss you. The girls need you. No questions asked. However much they want, I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Honey, I love you. I want you back so bad.”
'Honey, I Love You': Suzanne Morphew's Husband Speaks Out For First Time In Wife's Disappearance

But hey, either the cops will answer the phone or he'll get the message somehow.
bbm
Lol !!!

First post. Hello to all

Have read a lot of posts but nowhere near all of them but I see a lot of people mentioning suicide as a possibility. Im my opinion, from all that we know at the very minimum she has two daughters who clearly love her and it seems like the three of them must be very close if it only took a few hours for the daughter’s to become concerned that their mom hadn’t called or texted back.

My point is that even if she was suicidal, would she kill herself on basically Mother’s Day of all days knowing not only was she leaving her children with no mom but on the exact day which celebrates Mother’s?

To me, it seems like the most remote of remote possibilities that she would willingly choose to do this to her two daughters who clearly love her so much.

Anyways, let’s hope the next update will be something good I guess and hello again to everyone
100% agree. You can never know for sure about a stranger's mental state, but given the bike and personal item and the way they are treating the house. Imo suicide is an incredibly remote possibility

Really? How would the kidnappers get his new phone number? The nephew, who does not live in Chaffee county, has published his business phone number, email, etc via the *** page, and his social media contacts lead to his business web page. If that isn't a direct line of communication for a kidnapper, I don't know what is. JMO
From Tippy Lynn:
"You buy a new cell phone and SIM card and activate it with your cell phone number. LE doesn’t need the phone activated to get what they need."

What if the sheriff wanted it. I’m sure your husband would be off course take my phone. Do what you need to. Would he then go get a second phone therefore disabling the first phone? I don’t think you can have 2 cell phones with the same number at once can you? I believe you can have 1 SIM card for your cell phone.

You buy a new cell phone and SIM card and activate it with your cell phone number. LE doesn’t need the phone activated to get what they need.

I guess it depends on the person. My dad would definitely not get another cell phone because he’s not attached like I am and barely ever uses his. So with that said I don’t know if I find it that odd that he hasn’t replaced it. It would definitely depend on how much he used his cell phone.

My response was in regards to the BBM section with your questions on cell phones/SIM cards, etc.,

Have we ever seen a case where they conducted an extensive SW on a residence and it turned out to be an abduction not related to anyone in the home? Just wondering. I agree with the posters that there would have to have been probable cause for the judge to sign off on the warrant.

Not looking good, moo. But then neither was being abducted by a stranger/stalker etc. or falling off a cliff or into a crevice.

Well, I guess there's a possibility that someone abducted her from the home. But then why would a home invasion type of predator bother to stage the bicycle and the items on the road?

I guess it depends on the person. My dad would definitely not get another cell phone because he’s not attached like I am and barely ever uses his. So with that said I don’t know if I find it that odd that he hasn’t replaced it. It would definitely depend on how much he used his cell phone.

You're absolutely right, I agree :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My two cents.

His video was odd and very Christopher Watt like. It’s also not hard to put up a big reward if you already know she won’t be seen or heard from alice again. And why would he even need to plead to the public if she was kidnapped for a ransom, I mean wouldn’t they contact him regardless otherwise how could they possibly get the ransom? And what would be the point to make a public plea unless the cops had evidence of a kidnapping bc anyone taking her would already know they were wealthy so him randomly offering wealth to the public wouldn’t be some big shock to the kidnapper and somehow make them think twice before killing her or something. Again my opinion but it all seems self serving so the husband is def the top suspect imo and anything or anyone else a very distant second
I also got a Chris Watts vibe watching his video. MOO

Really? How would the kidnappers get his new phone number? The nephew, who does not live in Chaffee county, has published his business phone number, email, etc via the *** page, and his social media contacts lead to his business web page. If that isn't a direct line of communication for a kidnapper, I don't know what is. JMO

Ok here's the point, real direct like.

If there was a 1-in-a-million chance you might receive a call from your missing wife. Be able to hear her voice one last time, because you have no idea if you will ever see her again. Would you buy a new phone, deactivate the other phone, and activate your old number?

One thing family and loved ones of the missing unilaterally do is cling to hope. Even when it's not rational to do so.

From Tippy Lynn:
"You buy a new cell phone and SIM card and activate it with your cell phone number. LE doesn’t need the phone activated to get what they need."

That is a myth. I have swapped phones with my wife simply by taking them to the carrier and having the SIM cards switched. The two phones are on completely different accounts and have never been related in any way until the swap. For a week, my phone was an extension of hers, connected through the cloud. IMO

I don't know; I find the idea that this might be a kidnapping a bit ludicrous. Wouldn't kidnappers contact the husband/family relatively shortly after taking her? Wouldn't there be a ransom note or a ransom phone call of some kind? Given there has never been any of this, what reason does anyone have to think that this is what has occurred?

And this is what makes Barry's video even weirder. Why is he talking about her situation as though he has reason to believe she might have been abducted? He doesn't. It makes me think he might have simply been narrative-building in that video. And that may be what the bike near the bridge is as well: narrative-building. The video is weird. There's no getting around that.

I believe the bike was located within hours of SM reported missing. Seems to me that if LE would not tell the husband (i.e., the nephew too) about the condition of the bike, what makes him think that the Sheriff would give this information to the public -- pressure or not? That doesn't follow.
But what if nephew already knew the condition of her bike, because the bike had problems and SM had already told her family she was having problems with the bike? That would be an interesting wrinkle...

Last edited:
I don't know; I find the idea that this might be a kidnapping a bit ludicrous. Wouldn't kidnappers contact the husband/family relatively shortly after taking her? Wouldn't there be a ransom note or a ransom phone call of some kind? Given there has never been any of this, what reason does anyone have to think that this is what has occurred?

And this is what makes Barry's video even weirder. Why is he talking about her situation as though he has reason to believe she might have been abducted? He doesn't. It makes me think he might have simply been narrative-building in that video. And that may be what the bike near the bridge is as well: narrative-building. The video is weird. There's no getting around that.
I agree. You would think he could come up with something a little better considering he had a week to prepare. MOO

But what if nephew already knew the condition of there bike, because the bike had problems and SM had already told her family she was having problems with the bike? That would be an interesting wrinkle...
Yup. And in the end, the best we have is that the brakes may or may not have been locked up when the bike was recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal