Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? How would the kidnappers get his new phone number? The nephew, who does not live in Chaffee county, has published his business phone number, email, etc via the *** page, and his social media contacts lead to his business web page. If that isn't a direct line of communication for a kidnapper, I don't know what is. JMO
From Tippy Lynn:
"You buy a new cell phone and SIM card and activate it with your cell phone number. LE doesn’t need the phone activated to get what they need."
That is a myth. I have swapped phones with my wife simply by taking them to the carrier and having the SIM cards switched. The two phones are on completely different accounts and have never been related in any way until the swap. For a week, my phone was an extension of hers, connected through the cloud. IMO
I have Straight Talk. If LE took my phone. I would go buy a new one and transfer my number over. Done.

well the police have his phone. If she calls Or a ransom calls the police will intercept it. Same as the daughters phone. Maybe it’s not a priority to get a phone right away. Maybe he’s looking for his wife.
But are the police holding it with them 24/7? I imagine it is in an evidentiary bag in the locked evidence room 90% of the time.

Well, I guess there's a possibility that someone abducted her from the home. But then why would a home invasion type of predator bother to stage the bicycle and the items on the road?

With Barry and the girls away, she may have had a visitor who wanted to draw attention away from the home. It's late ... does that make sense?

I don't know; I find the idea that this might be a kidnapping a bit ludicrous. Wouldn't kidnappers contact the husband/family relatively shortly after taking her? Wouldn't there be a ransom note or a ransom phone call of some kind? Given there has never been any of this, what reason does anyone have to think that this is what has occurred?

And this is what makes Barry's video even weirder. Why is he talking about her situation as though he has reason to believe she might have been abducted? He doesn't. It makes me think he might have simply been narrative-building in that video. And that may be what the bike near the bridge is as well: narrative-building. The video is weird. There's no getting around that.

I will admit to not having watched the video, and maybe there's something to the above theory. But if I recall correctly, the family (father? boyfriend?) of Mollie Tibbetts also seemed very convinced that someone had taken her and she was being held somewhere. People suspected it was a hoping-against-hope attitude that she might still be alive that was keeping her loved ones going throughout the search process. Of course, she was found to have been killed while out jogging, by a relatively random stranger. Just playing devil's advocate here, is it not possible BM is being desperately hopeful in a rather hopeless situation?

Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.
She might have, except for the quarantine issues. She just was cleared 6 days earlier, of her bout with cancer. So she is very vulnerable and needs to stay isolated for her own health.

This is so devastating. :(

A somewhat similar case -- Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa. Last seen going on a run through her town. Took several weeks but they finally found a videotape that showed the perpetrator's car driving on the street where she was running. He was a farm worker who lived outside of town. He had never met Mollie before. Grabbed her while she was running, put her in his car, and killed her. Not sure if there was proof of a sexual assault. The guy took LE to her body, which was found in a cornfield several miles from town.

That is a myth. I have swapped phones with my wife simply by taking them to the carrier and having the SIM cards switched. The two phones are on completely different accounts and have never been related in any way until the swap. For a week, my phone was an extension of hers, connected through the cloud. IMO

Seems you might be falling behind on your technology research @Dave F. According to Apple:

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM. An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical nano-SIM.

From Tippy Lynn:
"You buy a new cell phone and SIM card and activate it with your cell phone number. LE doesn’t need the phone activated to get what they need."

I have Straight Talk. If LE took my phone. I would go buy a new one and transfer my number over. Done.

Here is a quote directly from Straight Talk's website (linked below):
"Straight Talk is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) offering both CDMA and GSM support. The CDMA service uses Verizon's or Sprint's CDMA 1xRTT wireless networks and the GSM service makes use of either T-Mobile's or AT&T's GSM networks."

So, your provider would use Verizon's physical network on Monarch Pass, Colorado because Sprint does not provide any service at all there. My network is Verizon, the only physical service available to StraightTalk on the entire eastern slope of Monarch Pass. There is a post of mine earlier in this thread that presented graphs and charts from Cellmappers, which is independent but strongly supported by the major providers. If you lived on Monarch Pass and didn't hesitate to swap SIM cards, the first phone would likely be able to monitor everything that you do with the new phone. IMO

Seems you might be falling behind on your technology research @Dave F. According to Apple:

iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, and later feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM. An eSIM is a digital SIM that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical nano-SIM.

My point is that simply inserting a new SIM card after surrendering one's phone to LE is not secure. Your post is about ease of technology and contains no information that would dispute my assertion of risk, but thank you for implying that I'm behind the times. I'm old enough and wise enough to consider that a complement. IMO

For those of us who were wondering if BM went in or stayed at his home after he arrived: looks like the answer is no.

"But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver."

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
Here is a quote directly from Straight Talk's website (linked below):
"Straight Talk is a Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) offering both CDMA and GSM support. The CDMA service uses Verizon's or Sprint's CDMA 1xRTT wireless networks and the GSM service makes use of either T-Mobile's or AT&T's GSM networks."

So, your provider would use Verizon's physical network on Monarch Pass, Colorado because Sprint does not provide any service at all there. My network is Verizon, the only physical service available to StraightTalk on the entire eastern slope of Monarch Pass. There is a post of mine earlier in this thread that presented graphs and charts from Cellmappers, which is independent but strongly supported by the major providers. If you lived on Monarch Pass and didn't hesitate to swap SIM cards, the first phone would likely be able to monitor everything that you do with the new phone. IMO
Let them. Seeing I wouldnt murder my mate they can monitor my phone all they want.

I hadn't caught this before:

"Morphew’s fire department colleagues have been ordered not to take part in the search by police, although locals said Morphew and his friends have been out looking for Suzanne."

"Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police."

"Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there."

A somewhat similar case -- Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa. Last seen going on a run through her town. Took several weeks but they finally found a videotape that showed the perpetrator's car driving on the street where she was running. He was a farm worker who lived outside of town. He had never met Mollie before. Grabbed her while she was running, put her in his car, and killed her. Not sure if there was proof of a sexual assault. The guy took LE to her body, which was found in a cornfield several miles from town.

Yes, and I could be wrong but in that case weren't they able to verify the boyfriend was way out of town, like far away at work and people vouched for his whereabouts enough so that it was not possible he could have done it?

I def understand the hope aspect but in that case they already knew it was a stranger who took her

My point is that simply inserting a new SIM card after surrendering one's phone to LE is not secure. Your post is about ease of technology and contains no information that would dispute my assertion of risk, but thank you for implying that I'm behind the times. I'm old enough and wise enough to consider that a complement. IMO
Sorry I got lost in all your techno talk. What is your point in reference to BM? :)

I hadn't caught this before:

"Morphew’s fire department colleagues have been ordered not to take part in the search by police, although locals said Morphew and his friends have been out looking for Suzanne."

"Morphew’s colleagues from the Maysville Fire Station have also been attempting to help with the search, although one told DailyMail.com they have been warned off by police."

"Tim Nelson, 33, said: ‘The Sheriff’s office, they told us none of the fire guys are allowed up there."

I’m glad you brought this up! To me this means his team has his back. I doubt they would have his back if he wasn’t at a firefighter work event.

I also don’t find it odd that they can not participate in the search because it’s a conflict of interest. This sheriff seems to be taking this extremely serious and cautious from day 1 so him not allowing co workers of BM to search does not surprise me.

Yes, and I could be wrong but in that case weren't they able to verify the boyfriend was way out of town, like far away at work and people vouched for his whereabouts enough so that it was not possible he could have done it?

I def understand the hope aspect but in that case they already knew it was a stranger who took her
Yes. There was a suspicion about the boyfriend initially (as there always is) but he was cleared. Only reason I mention Tibbetts is because in both cases the women were allegedly out exercising alone in a rural/small town area when they "went missing.". Understand the differences though. Here, no one says they saw Suzanne out on her bike and so far the public doesn't have any proof about where BM was. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA