Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. It would be a big ugly mess if one of his good friends from his crew happened upon her remains....what a legal nightmare for all involved...

Both sides would be questioning it and creating conspiracy theories around it...
I immediately thought of the husband's alleged altercation on a job with another contractor and I thought not of a good buddy but one where there's been tension between them. Nightmare of evidence planting allegations, and on and on..... As my grandmom would say, 'don't borrow trouble.' They made the right call here.

LE says they’re looking at it as a missing person case, and technically it is since she hasn’t been found, but it looks like a homicide investigation to me. I think she had disappeared on the 8th, no later than the 9th. I think things are unraveling for someone and there’s going to be big news soon.

Seattle might as well be in Antarctica when I read these posts about traveling, going out for dinner and drinks, etc. I can't even go to the grocer after 7 pm! Just sayin...

I think you’re in the wrong neighborhood. I’m in NE Seattle, our stores have been open until 8, Fred Meyer until 10, but the rest are beginning to stay open until 10 also. Bars & restaurants still closed except for takeout, but the parks have stayed open.

I am not able to keep up with the pace of the news. As I understand it, it was reported that someone saw her on her bike on May 10. Now, the media is reporting that nobody saw her. Why the change? And when was the last time she was seen by someone? If her husband was gone on May 10, when did he leave home? I assume whenever he left home would be the last time he saw her.

I immediately thought of the husband's alleged altercation on a job with another contractor and I thought not of a good buddy but one where there's been tension between them. Nightmare of evidence planting allegations, and on and on..... As my grandmom would say, 'don't borrow trouble.' They made the right call here.
Yes, that would be troublesome.

What I envisioned was one of his friends finding her, and then people accusing them of moving her there, or of being told where to look, or if tampering with the remains, removing any evidence found with it , etc, etc....

Lest we forget, straight from BM ...
“Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there that can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back,” said Barry Morphew. “We love you. We miss you. The girls need you. No questions asked. However much they want, I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Honey, I love you. I want you back so bad.”
'Honey, I Love You': Suzanne Morphew's Husband Speaks Out For First Time In Wife's Disappearance

But hey, either the cops will answer the phone or he'll get the message somehow.
I wonder if the daughters asked him to make an appeal, and thats why he didnt seem very interested, I’d have written down everything I wanted to say so I didnt miss anything plus I’d be using msm to get the most coverage.

I am not able to keep up with the pace of the news. As I understand it, it was reported that someone saw her on her bike on May 10. Now, the media is reporting that nobody saw her. Why the change? And when was the last time she was seen by someone? If her husband was gone on May 10, when did he leave home? I assume whenever he left home would be the last time he saw her.

Me thinks one party has been pushing this Suzanne went on a bike ride narrative. I'd imagine they were the ones putting it out there that Suzanne was seen biking May 10th.

LE has never really said anything about this bike ride, which always made me believe they didn't put too much consideration into this bike ride actually happening.

Then somehow (like they always seem to do) DailyMail apparently got the scoop from the neighbor that she never actually say her go on this bike ride.

I think you’re in the wrong neighborhood. I’m in NE Seattle, our stores have been open until 8, Fred Meyer until 10, but the rest are beginning to stay open until 10 also. Bars & restaurants still closed except for takeout, but the parks have stayed open.
I'm always in the wrong neighborhood! Good on you. Stay safe.

Seattle might as well be in Antarctica when I read these posts about traveling, going out for dinner and drinks, etc. I can't even go to the grocer after 7 pm! Just sayin...

Lol,

I think most of our grocery stores went back to normal hours the first week of May.

In no way shape or form was there any restaurants open to be eating or drinking at in Denver during mother's day. I don't even think there is any open yet as of today. I do know they are going to start slow rolling some out in the coming days though.

I wonder if the daughters asked him to make an appeal, and thats why he didnt seem very interested, I’d have written down everything I wanted to say so I didnt miss anything plus I’d be using msm to get the most coverage.

I think you've stated what 95% believe they would do if faced with the husband's situation.

Listening to NG podcast last night, I was not surprised to hear each how on the panel of experts independently spoke out about the husband's absence on Mother's Day. Hinky alerts and probably more to come. MOO

URGENT- PLEASE HELP TO KEEP WEBSLEUTHS RUNNING ...
  1. Right now there are over one hundred members online and 445 guests . I know that @Tricia is too polite to keep asking but I’m bumping this post because WEBSLEUTHS is an amazing site and just its presence in my life at a difficult time, got me through! I was able to lose myself in WS . Like the 445 guests right now, I was a lurker , a watcher and see what happens for a long time before I took the courage to sign up. Guys and Gals - WE DO NOT WANT TO LOSE THIS SITE . Please, only if you are able, consider donating. Every $1 matters and if all 445 of you lurkers only ever gave this $1 right now, you are still having WS in your life for as long as you want it. Even if you can’t afford anything because of the extraordinary circumstances that the world finds itself in right now, that’s ok. But because of COVID 19, this beloved site is at critical because of lost revenue yet @Triciastill has to pay the bills . So please if you are able to afford anything at all, no matter how large or small , please consider donating. One member mentioned that the link to donate wasn’t the preferred method. If that’s the case then post on here for Tricia’s or a mods attention or message them . But either way, please , if you can , help WS to stay up and running. We are a community here , almost family like . I for one couldn’t not have WS in my life. Peace to all and stay safe.

Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed

May 20, 2020

“…the house continues to be held by law enforcement during this open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court,” the sheriff’s office stated.

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze stated that it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance.

“The Morphew residence is just one of many areas of focus as part of this open investigation at this time,” officials with the sheriff’s office stated.

As of Wednesday, May 20, investigators had received approximately 200 tips reported to the designated phone line for information about Morphew’s disappearance.

Morphew was last seen on Mother’s Day, May 10. Her husband was in Denver, her family says, and a neighbor reported Morphew missing when she didn’t return from her bike ride.

Morphew’s bicycle was recovered, along with an additional “personal item.” Investigators have not described the personal item or released information about the condition of the bike. Sheriff Spezze did say he believes it is unlikely that Morphew was attacked by an animal.

So this 200k reward is for her safe return only? There is no reward for information leading to the arrest/conviction of the person that allegedly abducted her?

Also in regards to the 100k offered by " a friend " has this friend ever been identified? How do we know BM didn't just make this friend and second reward offer up himself?

Last edited:
Do you know if these cameras actually record ? They don't in my area.

ETA: The CDOT website says their cameras do NOT record. This is a big disappointment

CDOT Offers Travelers New Tool to Avoid Delays by Searching for Road Work on their Routes
"...Other features on COtrip include a real-time CDOT snowplow tracker, current conditions, speeds and estimated delays on CDOT-maintained roads, and a comprehensive map pinpointing construction, with access to CDOT's cameras. (Note: CDOT's cameras do not record.)"
Maybe I’m just obtuse, but what’s the purpose of having cameras if they don’t record?

Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.

Perhaps she was looking forward to a weekend home alone where she could enjoy her own home & surroundings.

My dad never uses his cell phone and my mom and I constantly have to remind him to take it golfing or out with him on errands. I don’t don’t find it odd that he has not replaced it. If he doesn’t use it much it may not be important to replace.
A volunteer firefighter and business owner in landscaping--an outdoor job, not an office job--is going to have a cell phone that he uses a lot! Plus he has two young adult ladies who might need dad's help and a wife who may have been recovering from illness.

Last edited:
Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.
There's nothing romantic happening when your spouse is training and there is nothing to see or do or shop during a pandemic lockdown.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member