Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
From my notes while listening to the podcast:

NG’s guest tonight Nicole Partin says, at 6:08 into the podcast that the neighbor SEES SM and knows she’s headed out on a bike ride – when she doesn’t return the neighbor gets concerned

I don't believe it. I don't think anyone actually saw SM on Mother's Day.

jmo

I'm with you @Ontario Mom . Besides the NG podcast, all other MSM sources seem to point to no one having seen or spoken to SM on Mother's Day. At least, not 100% confirmation of that being the case. I think she was "gone" before Mother's Day. :( MOO JMO and all that jazz.

NG’s guest tonight Nicole Partin says, at 6:08 into the podcast that the neighbor SEES SM and knows she’s headed out on a bike ride – when she doesn’t return the neighbor gets concerned

jmo
Yes, I don't know what to believe either. She states it as though it is a fact but doesn't say she actually spoke to the neighbor.

The neighbor declined to comment when asked by the DM so it sounds to me like she does not want to talk to the media. I can understand why.

For now I'm just going to rely on LE to get the "facts."

Early on, I remember the tree cutters seeing Sherri Papini out on her jog. As the investigation dragged on, the tree cutters disappeared. I believe half of the so-called facts out there. Husband was not at home, kids were not at home, neighbor called 911. Personal item or items have been found. House is being searched. Water was searched.

Wow, I totally forgot about the tree cutters. Good point.

In this case, it's curious how many "facts" and "details" and quotes we're seeing from neighbor, nephew, hubby's co-workers and uncle (and by the way, where the heck is anyone from Suzanne's family?) while even some of these details are conflicting and yet...

The Sheriff's office isn't confirming any of it, really.

I think I agree with what the Sheriff's office hasn't said.

Wow, I totally forgot about the tree cutters. Good point.

In this case, it's curious how many "facts" and "details" and quotes we're seeing from neighbor, nephew, hubby's co-workers and uncle (and by the way, where the heck is anyone from Suzanne's family?) while even some of these details are conflicting and yet...

The Sheriff's office isn't confirming any of it, really.

I think I agree with what the Sheriff's office hasn't said.

I was wondering that too but wasn't sure mentioning SM's family was allowed on here. If she has any or are they purposely staying silent? JMO

Perhaps she was looking forward to a weekend home alone where she could enjoy her own home & surroundings.

I certainly can see that. I know many people who prefer not to go along on trips that have a primary purpose for the other person as it can distract from the main purpose and not be that much fun for the second especially if it’s a short visit or in a place one has been before or at an inopportune time. MOO.

I find it odd that BM didn’t make a plea earlier, saying it was “too soon”. To me that implies he has some knowledge of the time frame of when she might be found. What if she had been found 20 minutes after he said it was too soon?!
MOO
Did he in fact say it was "too soon" to make a plea or was he rumored to say that? I might have missed it in an article.

my 1st post..
but current topic thread is what continues to appeal to me re this case from day 1
Feels like the bicycle was used by perp to create a false timeline
Perhaps actual missing day could have been days before
I don’t recall who was last to see her
Not even sure SM and BM even reside at same home

No offense, but Nancy Grace has a history of reporting info incorrectly. I never look to her as a reliable source.
I personally don't care for her sensationalistic histrionics, but she is an approved media source here.

It doesn't mean we have to believe anything that comes from her shows/podcasts, etc. but it does mean we can discuss the info she puts out there, and that's not such a bad thing.

:cool:

jmo
I don't believe it either - I don't believe she was alive on Mother's day at all.
JMO

Did he in fact say it was "too soon" to make a plea or was he rumored to say that? I might have missed it in an article.

He was quoted in numerous MSM articles as saying that. Here's one:

"He declined to make a public plea when asked by the local news station, saying it was simply 'too soon'. " Missing Colorado mom: Husband offers $100,000 reward as FBI joins search for her | Daily Mail Online

At the time, I suggested that maybe he was far too emotional to be able to speak to the media. Oftentimes family will appoint a spokesperson because they're not as close to the missing person, and aren't as overly emotional about it. That was my thinking then.

Now I wonder, since his FB plea, if he was (as another member so graciously put it) "narrative building". As in, hadn't heard from kidnappers yet so, was unable to speak to the media yet. Purely speculative on my part, and hope I didn't cross a TOS line there.

my 1st post..
but current topic thread is what continues to appeal to me re this case from day 1
Feels like the bicycle was used by perp to create a false timeline
Perhaps actual missing day could have been days before
I don’t recall who was last to see her
Not even sure SM and BM even reside at same home
Welcome to WS!

I was wondering that too but wasn't sure mentioning SM's family was allowed on here. If she has any or are they purposely staying silent? JMO

I just meant it would be nice to hear from someone on her side of the family.
What kind of person she is, what her hobbies are, plans for the future, things that matter to her, that sort of thing.
It's always good to hear from those closest to the person, but so far we've heard from Barry's nephew that seems to have issues with how the Sheriff is handling things, and Barry's uncle that doesn't really seem to know much about Suzanne's day to day life.
No one from her family at all.

jmo

I just meant it would be nice to hear from someone on her side of the family.
What kind of person she is, what her hobbies are, plans for the future, things that matter to her, that sort of thing.
It's always good to hear from those closest to the person, but so far we've heard from Barry's nephew that seems to have issues with how the Sheriff is handling things, and Barry's uncle that doesn't really seem to know much about Suzanne's day to day life.
No one from her family at all.

jmo
it is unusual IMO - I've followed many cases and don't recall this before - usually there is a united front with LE begging for the safe return or even information about the missing family member. We don't even know what she was wearing....
IMO

He was quoted in numerous MSM articles as saying that. Here's one:

"He declined to make a public plea when asked by the local news station, saying it was simply 'too soon'. " Missing Colorado mom: Husband offers $100,000 reward as FBI joins search for her | Daily Mail Online

At the time, I suggested that maybe he was far too emotional to be able to speak to the media. Oftentimes family will appoint a spokesperson because they're not as close to the missing person, and aren't as overly emotional about it. That was my thinking then.

Now I wonder, since his FB plea, if he was (as another member so graciously put it) "narrative building". As in, hadn't heard from kidnappers yet so, was unable to speak to the media yet. Purely speculative on my part, and hope I didn't cross a TOS line there.
Thank you. We also aren't sure that he wasn't asked by authorities to wait to make a plea ( if they felt a ransom request was coming etc). I'm also not focusing on the Denver situation, either there was an event or there wasn't and that is too easy to check so I believe him. If you wanted to disappear for a day you could easily say you were in the mountains camping/hunting as that's a far more difficult "story" to poke holes in. In my opinion of course.

May 20, 2020 Press Release Suzanne Morphew missing person case - Chaffee County Sheriff
CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 20, 2020

Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with assistance from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), continue the missing person search for Suzanne Morphew.

On Wednesday, May 20, investigators continued to review and follow-up on tips reported to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office. To date, there have been approximately 200 tips reported to the designated phone line for information about Ms. Morphew’s disappearance.

To clarify media reports about the Morphew residence, the house continues to be held by law enforcement during this open investigation through a search warrant that has been sealed by the court. According to Sheriff John Spezze, it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance. The Morphew residence is just one of many areas of focus as part of this open investigation at this time.

Additionally, while Suzanne’s case remains categorized as a missing person, Sheriff Spezze indicates that this is an open investigation and all possibilities surrounding her disappearance are being considered.
snipped

So if someone grabbed her, how in the world would they ever find this person? They could be long gone.:(
ITA and on thinking about this further, I wonder if that is why the reverse 911 went out. It struck me as odd that there would be a request for door ring cameras etc. out there around where she lived. The homes are so far apart and then down into Maysville where there, again, are few homes and the businesses are back from the road. It isn't until you get near and into Salidas that ring cameras could be present and helpful.
I wonder if they had a tip about a vehicle, either parked in a lot or along side the road there where the "item" was found. Perhaps LE is going through tons of tapes to see if they can map a particular car coming and going. That takes time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodhaven1