Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
i saw the update really late today

it wasn't the indictment i think we were hoping for, it seems so strange to me that they proceeded with these charges all 11 being for false reporting

i really do wonder what they are waiting for since they have all the information back now, i mean they must know how Evelyn died, if it was natural death or suspicious

they must know who she was around during that time frame and i mean they even said Megan told them incriminating statements during her interviews

boggles my mind, would be nice to have some resolution for Evelyn's sake soon

While it’s good to see she’s been indicted for all her lying, I’m very disappointed that there are still no charges for Evelyn’s death. I’m surprised there isn’t even a negligence charge. Are they still waiting for tox and autopsy results?

WJHL reports the Sullivan County District Attorney confirms that a grand jury has indicted Megan Boswell on 11 counts of false report charges.
The remains of Boswell’s daughter Evelyn were found on a family member’s property back in March.
The child had been missing since December of last year.
The following are details on charges in the Sullivan County grand jury presentment:

Nick Beres NC5
This one concerns me.
Charge: False Report (Count 4)
…”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s alleged last physical contact with her infant daughter and the defendant’s alleged lack of knowledge of the whereabouts of her infant even though she had concerns that her daughter was possibly injured,”

Last edited:
Here is a more detailed one.

PRESENTMENT

CASE NO. S72,869

STATE OF TENNESSEECRIMINAL COURT

COUNTY OF SULLIVAN:CHARGE: FALSE REPORT

COUNT 1

The Grand Jurors for Sullivan County, Tennessee, being duly empaneled and sworn, upon their oath present and say that MEGAN BOSWELL, on or about February 18, 2020, in the State and County aforesaid and before the finding of this Presentment did unlawfully and feloniously make a statement in response to a legitimate inquiry by Sullivan County Sheriff's Detective Tracy Haraz, a

law enforcement officer, concerning a material fact about an offense or incident within the officer's concern, to wit the disappearance of the Defendant's infant daughter Evelyn Boswell, knowing that the statement was false and with the intent to obstruct or hinder the officer from preventing the offense or incident from occurring or continuing to occur, the said false statement concerning

Evelynn Boswell and the Defendant's claim that her infant child was with the child's father, Ethan Perry, contrary to Tennessee Code Annotated S 39-16-502, a Class D felony, and against the peace and dignity of the State of Tennessee.

BARRY P. STAUBUS

DISTRICT ATORNEY GENERAL

CHARGE: FALSE REPORT

Megan Boswell charged with 10 more counts of false reporting

Based on the indictments, it looks like Megan first tried to claim Evelyn was with EP, and each time the police pointed out a hole in her story she changed it.

AB (who is sketchy as f*ck of course) claims she heard that MB placed Evelyn in foster care but didn't actually broach the subject with her. MB first tried to claim that her daughter was with the father, assuming the charges are in chronological order, and only mentioned foster care later on. It doesn't seem like MB had any sort of cover story planned for the incident.
While it’s good to see she’s been indicted for all her lying, I’m very disappointed that there are still no charges for Evelyn’s death. I’m surprised there isn’t even a negligence charge. Are they still waiting for tox and autopsy results?
Toxicology and autopsy results were "arriving soon" about a week ago, and were pre-emptively sealed by the judge.

It's a bit odd, but I can see why. If the reports found obvious signs of violence, such as broken bones/ major internal bleeding, you'd expect to see murder charges filed immediately. If it's something that could be unintentional, such as choking/ingested toxins or drugs, or the result of a "natural" condition such as an illness, the report would likely take longer to gather additional information, and figuring out what charges to file would be more difficult.
I might be a little... naive? But if they wanted to charge her, they could've done it by now. I don't understand what's going on in this case. What if they don't actually know who had Evelyn at the time of her death?
I'm kinda surprised she hasn't been charged with gross abuse of a corpse, which should be an easy charge to prove.

Based on the indictments, it looks like Megan first tried to claim Evelyn was with EP, and each time the police pointed out a hole in her story she changed it.

AB (who is sketchy as f*ck of course) claims she heard that MB placed Evelyn in foster care but didn't actually broach the subject with her. MB first tried to claim that her daughter was with the father, assuming the charges are in chronological order, and only mentioned foster care later on. It doesn't seem like MB had any sort of cover story planned for the incident.

Toxicology and autopsy results were "arriving soon" about a week ago, and were pre-emptively sealed by the judge.

It's a bit odd, but I can see why. If the reports found obvious signs of violence, such as broken bones/ major internal bleeding, you'd expect to see murder charges filed immediately. If it's something that could be unintentional, such as choking/ingested toxins or drugs, or the result of a "natural" condition such as an illness, the report would likely take longer to gather additional information, and figuring out what charges to file would be more difficult.

I'm kinda surprised she hasn't been charged with gross abuse of a corpse, which should be an easy charge to prove.
If she was really the one directly responsible for Evelyn's death, I don't really believe she was the one who placed her body where she was found. Don't ask me why because I don't know, I just feel like several people contributed to what happened to Evelyn and LE is having trouble sorting things out. It's just the vibe this case is giving me, to be honest.

WJHL reports the Sullivan County District Attorney confirms that a grand jury has indicted Megan Boswell on 11 counts of false report charges.

its almost like they are pressuring her, " tell us the truth or we'll keep filling these charges for false reporting"

its just a guess but hmm

its almost like they are pressuring her, " tell us the truth or we'll keep filling these charges for false reporting"

its just a guess but hmm
I mean, between false reporting charges and charges directly related to homicide, I don't really think anyone would just say "fine, no more false reporting charges yes I did it". Doesn't make sense.

This is awful news if MB is responsible for the death of her daughter. They couldn't get a grand jury to indict on anything related to the death of EB? Is someone else responsible? Who is the POI?

You did not need a grand jury to indict on these charges. They could have just brought the charges. The lies were all directly to the TBI - you don't need a grand jury to find sufficient evidence when you have LEOs who are eyewitnesses to the crime (of lying).

IMO they presented their case and the GJ didn't indict her. I'm really confused now. Who killed baby Evelyn?

Wow.

Four counts refer to the mother claiming Evelyn was with her child’s father, Ethan Perry. The father was actually stationed at Fort Polk, Louisiana, and did not have Evelyn.

Count 3, which was made to Lt. Steve Williams, is in regard to claims Boswell made that Perry refused to respond to her texts and voicemails regarding their daughter and her last contact with Evelyn.
Count 5 is in regard to her claim to the FBI that she gave Evelyn to Perry to keep since “she could not handle daughter anymore” and Perry then allegedly threatened to take Boswell to court to address custody issues, the indictment states.
For Count 9, Boswell claimed that her mother took Evelyn because she owed her money and Angela Boswell told her that she would not return Evelyn until the money was paid.

On Feb. 23, according to Count 11, Boswell told TBI Assistant Agent in Charge Chris Wilhoit that her daughter was given to a person who Angela Boswell refused to name and that the “child was safe and would have a better life with the unknown person.”
Megan Boswell indicted on 11 counts of false reports

25 hours of interviews where MB lied to LE. And some of her statements are hard to read. I'm not seeing a whole lot of reasons for her lies other than a desperate attempt to cover herself. No concern for Evelyn - which could speak to MB knowing she was deceased. Placing blame on everyone but herself, sending LE on wild goose chases.

There may or may not be others involved but as far as I can see MB is a part of Evelyn's death. 25 hours is a long time to keep up the lies.

Maybe LE is hoping she'll eventually break and tell the truth as a confession would be ideal. In the meantime there's no statute of limitations on murder and MB will likely be sitting in a cell while they continue the investigation. MOO.

I'm curious as to why the search warrants were sealed. I suspect lots more will come out before this is over.

IMO I don’t think the DA presented evidence to indict her for murder. They may have just stuck to getting her indicted for the lying, for now, to keep her in jail while they continue to investigate. If and when they charge her with murder, they need to be prepared to move forward to trial. I have a feeling they’re still waiting for evidence to be processed. I’m still surprised she wasn’t indicted for At least negligence or the hiding of Evelyn. I’d hate to think she’ll never be charged for Evelyn’s death.

Just getting all 11 counts on the thread... :)

According to the presentment sent to News Channel 11 Wednesday, all 11 incidents Megan is charged for happened between February 18 and 23rd.

[...]

Charge: False Report (Count 1)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning Evelyn Boswell and the Defendant’s claim that her infant child was with the child’s father, Ethan Perry,”
Charge: False Report (Count 2)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s alleged lack of knowledge of the whereabouts of her infant daughter and her alleged efforts to locate her daughter,”
Charge: False Report (Count 3)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the alleged last physical contact that the Defendant had with her infant daughter and Ethan Perry’s alleged refusal to respond to her texts and voicemails regarding her daughter, ”
Charge: False Report (Count 4)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s alleged last physical contact with her infant daughter and the defendant’s alleged lack of knowledge of the whereabouts of her infant even though she had concerns that her daughter was possibly injured,”
Charge: False Report (Count 5)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the alleged time-frame of when the Defendant fave her infant daughter to Ethan Perry to keep since she could not handle her daughter anymore and Ethan Perry’s alleged threats to take the Defendant to court to address the custody of their daughter,”
Charge: False Report (Count 6)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s alleged claim that she last saw her infant daughter in the custody of Ethan Perry on December 26, 2019 and that she had not contacted the police to report her missing child on the advice of Angela Boswell, the Defendant’s mother, ”
Charge: False Report (Count 7)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s mother possibly having her infant daughter but refusing to share with the Defendant the location of her daughter and whether she had custody of the Defendant’s daughter,”
Charge: False Report (Count 8)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s mother allegedly having taken her infant daughter in mid-December of 2019 and refusing to tell the defendant of her daughter’s location and that she allegedly did not call the police to report her infant daughter missing out of fear that her mother would harm Evelyn Boswell,”
Charge: False Report (Count 9)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning the Defendant’s mother having allegedly taken her infant daughter because her mother believed that the Defendant owed her money and that the Defendant’s mother had allegedly told her that Evelyn Boswell would not be returned to the Defendant until the money was paid,”
Charge: False Report (Count 10)
  • …”, the said false statement concerning her mother allegedly having Evelyn Boswell at an unknown location and that despite the efforts of the Defendant to find her infant daughter, she allegedly did not know the whereabouts of her infant daughter and did not have any additional information to provide to law enforcement in their attempts to find the missing child,”
Charge: False Report (Count 11)
  • …”, Megan Boswell, on or about February 23, 2020, in the State and County aforesaid and before the finding of this Presentment did unlawfully and feloniously make a statement in response to a legitimate inquiry by Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Assistant Agent In Charge, Chris Wilhoit, a law enforcement officer, concerning her mother allegedly having given the Defendant’s infant daughter, Evelyn Boswell, to another person who Angela Boswell refused to name and that her infant child was safe and would have a better life with the unknown person than with the Defendant,”
[...]

Yikes. She was going hard on EP at first. She really wanted to pin it down on him.
I wonder when was the last time he saw Evelyn, and if he ever even talked about getting custody.
Well this makes me feel that her mother had nothing to do with any of it. They’ve obviously investigated that aspect thoroughly given MB’s claims pointing in that direction. I just hope and pray there’s enough evidence to put MB away. If there is anyone who helped (which I doubt), they should go right along with her.

Well this makes me feel that her mother had nothing to do with any of it. They’ve obviously investigated that aspect thoroughly given MB’s claims pointing in that direction. I just hope and pray there’s enough evidence to put MB away. If there is anyone who helped (which I doubt), they should go right along with her.
Yep, I feel the same.

William McCloud arrested. Note: the charges are *not* related to Evelyn. He assaulted a woman and her child got hurt in the process. IMO it shows he has a propensity for violence. MOO.

William McCloud, who was connected to the Evelyn Boswell case, was arrested Sunday on three charges including child abuse and neglect, violation of an order of protection and domestic assault, according to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said they spoke to a woman who claimed to be the ex-girlfriend of McCloud and the mother of his 8-year-old child, WJHL reported.

The woman reportedly told deputies McCloud had been at her home Saturday night for dinner. According to reports, the woman said McCloud began to assault her and she "believed he was possibly under the influence of methamphetamine."

SCSO officials said as McCloud was reportedly assaulting the woman, the child attempted to stop the assault. During the incident, deputies said the child was hit in the face by McCloud.
William McCloud arrested on domestic assault, child abuse charges

William McCloud arrested. Note: the charges are *not* related to Evelyn. He assaulted a woman and her child got hurt in the process. IMO it shows he has a propensity for violence. MOO.

William McCloud, who was connected to the Evelyn Boswell case, was arrested Sunday on three charges including child abuse and neglect, violation of an order of protection and domestic assault, according to the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office.

Deputies said they spoke to a woman who claimed to be the ex-girlfriend of McCloud and the mother of his 8-year-old child, WJHL reported.

The woman reportedly told deputies McCloud had been at her home Saturday night for dinner. According to reports, the woman said McCloud began to assault her and she "believed he was possibly under the influence of methamphetamine."

SCSO officials said as McCloud was reportedly assaulting the woman, the child attempted to stop the assault. During the incident, deputies said the child was hit in the face by McCloud.

He's a real gem!!! :rolleyes:

Good grief! This guy! Unbelievable. Wonder if we’ll ever know what happened to Evelyn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member