GUILTY MO - Brittany Gorman, 29, found deceased, Mountain View, 20 May 2020 *estranged husband arrest*

mlhenn

Reaction score
Rescue teams searching for Mountain View, Mo. woman in national forest

upload_2020-5-22_22-23-25.jpeg

•last seen at a residence west of Mountain View, about 3 p.m. Wednesday.
•family last heard from her on May 20.
•Investigators believe she was heading to Winona.

•National Park Service Rangers discovered her unoccupied pickup truck within Ozark National Scenic Riverways at Buck Hollow, on the Jacks Fork River, along State Highway 17 North about 1:30 p.m. on Thursday.
•Items found at the scene suggest she might be injured.

Special Agents with the National Park Service Investigative Services Branch have opened a missing person investigation in coordination with the Texas County Sheriff's Department and Missouri Highway Patrol.

Blood found near truck south of Summersville; authorities seek clues into missing woman

Additional Details
•Officers made contact with the mother of Brittany Gorman who said her daughter was missing.
•5-foot-3 and 125 pounds, with brown hair and green eyes.
•truck was found at Buck Hollow access and blood was near it.
•Her mother told officers she had been told that someone saw her daughter walking toward Mountain View covered in blood.
•Texas County deputies were dispatched Friday to assist with the MP case
•Investigation is ongoing.

The park service said anyone with information can call or text 888-653-0009.

I'm kind of wondering who told the mom that and who saw Brittany walking toward Mountain View covered in blood. Is it one person that saw and one that told mom or did the person that saw tell them mom? Either way, It seems like a great idea to stop and help or get immediate help for someone that is covered in blood while walking o_O

Covered in blood. Could be from a head wound. Some head wounds have more blood than you can believe, and it does appear quickly that you are covered in blood. Have seen it with a cut just needing a few stitches on the head.

Map of mentioned locations.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

"She was just a well loved person," said Brittany's boyfriend Gene Roberts.

Gorman's boyfriend says she had recently spent a night in her truck at Buck Hollow.

"She had told me that she had came down here to sleep one time. That's the only time that I know of, Roberts added. An officer checked on her one night, but she wouldn't have any reason to be staying here Wednesday."

Why would Brittany spend the night in her truck?

According to her facebook she has three kids. Looks like she recently may have had some trouble of some kind and was finding her way back.

I noted they said blood was found "on and around" her truck, not inside. That points to something happening while she was outside the vehicle.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Gorman's boyfriend says she had recently spent a night in her truck at Buck Hollow.

"She had told me that she had came down here to sleep one time. That's the only time that I know of, Roberts added. An officer checked on her one night, but she wouldn't have any reason to be staying here Wednesday."

Why would Brittany spend the night in her truck?

According to her facebook she has three kids. Looks like she recently may have had some trouble of some kind and was finding her way back.

I noted they said blood was found "on and around" her truck, not inside. That points to something happening while she was outside the vehicle.

BBM

That does seem unusual, especially if she had small children at home. Could it be she left home because she didn't feel safe there?

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I snipped part of that ^^^ post - just wanted to say I watched the video and it sounded like he did say "was" as you bolded. May be just a speech habit and/or locality thing but I always notice that since being here on WS for so long.:rolleyes:

I wondered where blood was found near the truck. Driver's side, passenger side, bed of truck , how much blood? So many questions and of course suspicions I can't remark on. OOP!!! Just saw in post #9 no blood was found inside. Still suspicious. :confused:

I snipped part of that ^^^ post - just wanted to say I watched the video and it sounded like he did say "was" as you bolded. May be just a speech habit and/or locality thing but I always notice that since being here on WS for so long.:rolleyes:

Yes yes yes.

Mr. Laughing grew up in this area. I refer to the language pattern as speaking Ozarkstani. I met him at college, of course, where he had code-switched to Standard English. I was startled the first time I visited his family! Some linguists consider this a regional dialect & some use the term "Hickenish."

As an example, "you'uns" is a bigger group than "y'all," and a smaller group than "all y'all."

Notice that boyfriend Mr. Roberts also says "she had came down" about sleeping in the truck, usage not found in Standard English. And, IMHO, Mr. Roberts ain't from 'round here.

JMHO YMMV LRR

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back