Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't all those piles of dirt associated with the construction, and not with the LE search?
I think so, those holes have piers/support columns in them ...I saw the first day during helicopter flyover ... don’t think LE dug in there anyway ... I think you can see more clearly in attached photo

Attachments

• EE682982-594F-475E-A07F-5E4B5ABB2B4D.jpeg
    EE682982-594F-475E-A07F-5E4B5ABB2B4D.jpeg
    103.9 KB · Views: 78
I find this statement that the story originated with the Chaffee CSO misleading. To be clear, the CCSO in-fact reported what the reporting party claimed when she contacted the communications center.

I recall when others were stating how El Paso CSO said GS was a runaway and LE also had to make it clear that it was the reporting party that said GS was a runaway.

MOO

ETA: Add May 12, 2020 Newslink

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned, sparking a search involving more than 100 emergency personnel.

The Chaffee County Communications Center received a report on Sunday at 5:46 p.m. regarding a missing woman in the area of County Road 225 and West Highway 50.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and talked with the person who had reported the woman missing. The person said a neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, 49, from the Maysville area, had gone for a bike ride in the area and hadn’t returned, according to the sheriff’s office. Maysville is about 3.2 miles east of County Road 225 along West Highway 50.

Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

The news media didn't get the statement from the neighbor. They got it from the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. I just posted it, in writing, from the sheriff's website. The link to it that I provided works. My statement that CCSO is the source is valid, and I'm standing by it. IMO

Barry should have some proof that he was actually in Denver. Receipts for incidentals such as gas, hotel, food etc. LE would have been able to trace all this within days of SM first missing. What is Barry’s phone showing?

Even if he were in Denver on Mother's day, without knowing when she was last in communication with anyone, she could have been missing for days.... imo

Well, not really. In the most recent cases I’ve followed, none of the perps was named a POI, although we all knew who LE was focusing on. It was incredibly obvious, except for one, Heidi Broussard. Many suspected the SO, but LE cleared him within a week. That hasn’t happened here.
Yes, LE can clear someone without naming them as a POI first.

Many people were accusing Mollie Tibbet's boyfriend of being involved in her disappearance. She disappeared while out for a jog. :(

LE publicly cleared him, and verified that he was out of town at the time she was kidnapped.

I don't know that it originated with the sheriff's office. They were not the one's that saw or knew it to be factually correct. They said 'reportedly.' Someone told them she took a bike ride.

I think it originated closer to home.

I don't buy into that. I believe that the "unfortunately nobody saw her leave on her bike" version is an outright lie originating in the propensity for some tabloids and foreign news publications to pay generously for first person stories without verification. IMO

I don't buy into that. I believe that the "unfortunately nobody saw her leave on her bike" version is an outright lie originating in the propensity for some tabloids and foreign news publications to pay generously for first person stories without verification. IMO
Half the people here didn’t think she ever went on a bike ride, which was before that article. Other things have happened since then which also point that way. Like that dig.

I'm thinking it's weird that the girls had the neighbor's number. Unless SM had shared it with them due to her health problems. Presumably they would have called their father first, but why would he have the number? Why wouldn't he have called one of his fire fighter buddies, just in case there was a health concern?

I can't think of a time in my life when any of my relatives knew the number of my neighbors.

Half the people here didn’t think she ever went on a bike ride, which was before that article. Other things have happened since then which also point that way. Like that dig.
I am well aware that over half of the people on any WS crime thread start out believing someone is guilty before the facts are known. That is what creates lively discussion. I'm also well aware that critical pieces of misinformation are being fed to news media by opportunists out to make a fast buck. In this specific string, I'm saying that the original source of the notion that the neighbor witnessed SM leaving on her bike ride and later reported her missing to LE is the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. It is not retracted by them in ANY subsequent communications, and I don't see any signal that they might choose to retract it. The sheriff keeps reminding folks that it is still a missing persons case. IMO

I'm thinking it's weird that the girls had the neighbor's number. Unless SM had shared it with them due to her health problems. Presumably they would have called their father first, but why would he have the number? Why wouldn't he have called one of his fire fighter buddies, just in case there was a health concern?

I can't think of a time in my life when any of my relatives knew the number of my neighbors.
I got my mother's neighbour's phone number, after my father passed. And it saved her life one time, amazingly.

I'm thinking it's weird that the girls had the neighbor's number. Unless SM had shared it with them due to her health problems. Presumably they would have called their father first, but why would he have the number?
I can't think of a time in my life where any of my relatives knew the number of my neighbors.

I think a lot of folks would agree that the smaller the community, the more neighbors are connected and depend on one another. Maysville is 197 folks. I'll bet it's really connected and inter-dependent. JMO

I am well aware that over half of the people on any WS crime thread start out believing someone is guilty before the facts are known. That is what creates lively discussion. I'm also well aware that critical pieces of misinformation are being fed to news media by opportunists out to make a fast buck. In this specific string, I'm saying that the original source of the notion that the neighbor witnessed SM leaving on her bike ride and later reported her missing to LE is the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. It is not retracted by them in ANY subsequent communications, and I don't see any signal that they might choose to retract it. The sheriff keeps reminding folks that it is still a missing persons case. IMO
BBM:

If that's what you're saying, then what you're saying is factually incorrect.

I've not seen it reported anywhere that "the neighbor witnessed SM leaving on her bike ride and later reported her missing to LE."

If you have an MSM article that states the the neighbor witnessed SM leaving on her bike ride, I'd love to see that link.

JMO.

Last edited:
I got my mother's neighbour's phone number, after my father passed. And it saved her life one time, amazingly.
An older person home alone, it makes a lot of sense. Just less sense in this particular case, IMO. Why didn't he say, as presumably they called him, don't worry kids I'll send Bob Smith over, he's a paramedic, just in case!

BBM:

If that's what you're saying, then what you're saying is factually incorrect.

I've not seen it reported anywhere in MSM that "the neighbor witnessed SM leaving on her bike ride and later reported her missing to LE."

If you have an MSM article that states the the neighbor witnessed SM leaving on her bike ride, I'd love to see that link.

JMO.
Likewise. I haven't seen the sheriff's office say anything about the neighbor seeing SM leaving on a bike. The press release said a neighbor reported SM missing and that she didn't return from a bike ride. We don't know what made the neighbor think SM didn't return from a bike ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member