GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

Another useless thought....
I noticed the photos of suspect early on showed
a clean cut young man with a neat, short hairstyle, but
a recent one and LE description show he has
longer disheveled DREADS. Would the dreads
indicate he was going more rogue?
I've noticed this in other young guys that start hanging out in rough areas suddenly grow dreads.

I’m wondering that too, did he get let go from employer and heading to the other location - is Allentown the corporate location?

ETA nope looked it up, CT is the main location
could still be a reason why he was headed to Allentown. In his scattered brain maybe he wanted to knock off some officer or manager there. Whoever he knew there should get out of town for a few weeks.

Anyone see a motive for why he killed the other
young man in Derby?
I will take a guess. They were acquaintances. It has been said they went to high school together and originally from the same town, He might of told the acquaintance what he had done. Maybe there was blood on him and was questioned. Maybe the acquaintance tried to stop him. The killer did steal his car and I believe took the acquaintances girlfriend with him. They say she was found unharmed with the car. Maybes lead to more questions?

Last edited:
Likely scenario:

PM clearly has been dealing with some mental health issues that are known to family and friends. He was able to keep things mostly in check with his normal routines such as school, work (long time bouncer at the popular college bar), social interactions, family check-ins, etc. He had some "episodes" in the past, but was able to be "brought back to balance" with the daily responsibilities of life, some light intervention from those around him, and medication. Then COVID-19 hits and his "routine" and support systems is cut off. School and Work halted due to forced closings. His normal interactions were cut off due to social distancing measures. He essentially was locked down in his apartment for 10 weeks without his normal routine and support system to keep him in check. His family has not been in contact in a while and his father was just arrested a couple of weeks ago for alcohol and sex with a minor. His mental health likely spiraled quickly being "trapped alone" in his apartment and he likely went off his meds creating a monster.

The initial homicide in Willington seems to be an unfortunate "wrong time, wrong place" for the victim. <modsnip - edited to “PERHAPS’ > there is a female who lives on that street that he has been stalking and threatening He was there for her. The victim had no idea about this and saw a kid who looked like he needed help. The victim was helping him when PM just snapped and viciously attacked him (attack was gruesome and clearly indicative of the mental break PM had). As he was brutally attacking the victim, another elderly neighbor heard the victims cries and came to help--but was then also brutally attacked. Then <modsnip to dad ‘PERHAPS’ > the girl he was actually there to stalk came out and he jumped on his motorcycle and fled the scene (thus how the police knew who he was immediately). Notice here from a psychological perspective, he did not attack or harm the girl who he knew and was stalking--he did not harm her at all and fled immediately).

He then hid out and made a home invasion in the middle of the night. He stole food, guns, and a car. But the homeowner was not harmed at all. Seems weird to manically attack and cut off limbs of someone and then leave the next person completely unharmed. This is likely because it had nothing to do with one of his female obsessions. He stole the truck and then moved on to his next target, again a female.

The second homicide was about 100 miles away and again seems to be driven by a female obsession and the attack of those around her. While the focus in the media has been on the connection between PM and the victim NE--as they are both from Newtown and knew each other from High School. <modsnip> Notice that he abducted the woman and took her car--but eventually let her go absolutely unharmed. Just like the first incident, he was targeting a female, but did not harm the female at all--but manically killed the male barriers in the way.

To me, PM is a mentally unstable man who has had a complete mental breakdown. His focus is on his female obsessions and his victims are collateral damage. Notice he goes from manically attacking the males in his way around the female, but does not harm or attack either the homeowner of the house he invaded, nor anyone else at this point. If he was a manic random killer, you'd think he would have attacked someone else at this point.

If I am the FBI, I am cross referencing the UConn student database with females who live in Pennsylvania. That seems to be his MO.

Just my $0.02.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely scenario:

PM clearly has been dealing with some mental health issues that are known to family and friends. He was able to keep things mostly in check with his normal routines such as school, work (long time bouncer at the popular college bar), social interactions, family check-ins, etc. He had some "episodes" in the past, but was able to be "brought back to balance" with the daily responsibilities of life, some light intervention from those around him, and medication. Then COVID-19 hits and his "routine" and support systems is cut off. School and Work halted due to forced closings. His normal interactions were cut off due to social distancing measures. He essentially was locked down in his apartment for 10 weeks without his normal routine and support system to keep him in check. His family has not been in contact in a while and his father was just arrested a couple of weeks ago for alcohol and sex with a minor. His mental health likely spiraled quickly being "trapped alone" in his apartment and he likely went off his meds creating a monster.

The initial homicide in Willington seems to be an unfortunate "wrong time, wrong place" for the victim. Word is that there is a female who lives on that street that he has been stalking and threatening (she nearly placed a restraining order on him a couple of weeks ago, but decided against it). He was there for her. The victim had no idea about this and saw a kid who looked like he needed help. The victim was helping him when PM just snapped and viciously attacked him (attack was gruesome and clearly indicative of the mental break PM had). As he was brutally attacking the victim, another elderly neighbor heard the victims cries and came to help--but was then also brutally attacked. Then the girl he was actually there to stalk came out and he jumped on his motorcycle and fled the scene (thus how the police knew who he was immediately). Notice here from a psychological perspective, he did not attack or harm the girl who he knew and was stalking--he did not harm her at all and fled immediately).

He then hid out and made a home invasion in the middle of the night. He stole food, guns, and a car. But the homeowner was not harmed at all. Seems weird to manically attack and cut off limbs of someone and then leave the next person completely unharmed. This is likely because it had nothing to do with one of his female obsessions. He stole the truck and then moved on to his next target, again a female.

The second homicide was about 100 miles away and again seems to be driven by a female obsession and the attack of those around her. While the focus in the media has been on the connection between PM and the victim NE--as they are both from Newtown and knew each other from High School. However, from the talk I've heard, the connection is actually the female that was there and that he abducted. Supposedly, the woman is also from Newtown and either was a former gf or someone that PM knew and likely had a attraction/fascination with. The victim was not the target of PM, but was instead an impediment to his female focus. Notice that he abducted the woman and took her car--but eventually let her go absolutely unharmed. Just like the first incident, he was targeting a female, but did not harm the female at all--but manically killed the male barriers in the way.

To me, PM is a mentally unstable man who has had a complete mental breakdown. His focus is on his female obsessions and his victims are collateral damage. Notice he goes from manically attacking the males in his way around the female, but does not harm or attack either the homeowner of the house he invaded, nor anyone else at this point. If he was a manic random killer, you'd think he would have attacked someone else at this point.

If I am the FBI, I am cross referencing the UConn student database with females who live in Pennsylvania. That seems to be his MO.

Just my $0.02.
Welcome to Ws UConnSportsGuy, thanks for the very interesting and plausible post!

Likely scenario:

The initial homicide in Willington seems to be an unfortunate "wrong time, wrong place" for the victim. Word is that there is a female who lives on that street that he has been stalking and threatening (she nearly placed a restraining order on him a couple of weeks ago, but decided against it). He was there for her. The victim had no idea about this and saw a kid who looked like he needed help. The victim was helping him when PM just snapped and viciously attacked him (attack was gruesome and clearly indicative of the mental break PM had). As he was brutally attacking the victim, another elderly neighbor heard the victims cries and came to help--but was then also brutally attacked. Then the girl he was actually there to stalk came out and he jumped on his motorcycle and fled the scene (thus how the police knew who he was immediately). Notice here from a psychological perspective, he did not attack or harm the girl who he knew and was stalking--he did not harm her at all and fled immediately).

The second homicide was about 100 miles away and again seems to be driven by a female obsession and the attack of those around her. While the focus in the media has been on the connection between PM and the victim NE--as they are both from Newtown and knew each other from High School. However, from the talk I've heard, the connection is actually the female that was there and that he abducted. Supposedly, the woman is also from Newtown and either was a former gf or someone that PM knew and likely had a attraction/fascination with. The victim was not the target of PM, but was instead an impediment to his female focus. Notice that he abducted the woman and took her car--but eventually let her go absolutely unharmed. Just like the first incident, he was targeting a female, but did not harm the female at all--but manically killed the male barriers in the way.

Just my $0.02.

Another useless thought....
I noticed the photos of suspect early on showed
a clean cut young man with a neat, short hairstyle, but
a recent one and LE description show he has
longer disheveled DREADS. Would the dreads
indicate he was going more rogue?
I've noticed this in other young guys that start hanging out in rough areas suddenly grow dreads.
I'm thinking the hair is because barbers/salons have been closed since mid March. jmo

could still be a reason why he was headed to Allentown. In his scattered brain maybe he wanted to knock off some officer or manager there. Whoever he knew there should get out of town for a few weeks.
Or maybe he had a friendly work relationship with a female in the Allentown location and is heading there to stalk/see her?

Or, is he moving at random?

This is reminding me of the two young men in Canada who stole vehicles and went on a random killing spree.

jmo

I saw this thread last night and nearly had a heart attack - I'd just come back from a hike at the Delaware Water Gap 11 miles from where PM was last seen! It is terrifying he is still on the loose.

The Newtown Bee fb page has some interesting info on a Robert M. - charges back in April for
sexual assault, delivering alcohol to minor, etc.

These two posts provide excellent background. I wonder if the arrest above was a stressor that finally caused him to become violent (though it sounds like there were many warning signs prior to that). Could there also be a connection between the above charges, familial attitudes towards women and the plausible scenario regarding female objects of obsession outlined below? Along with social isolation and the fact that one parent is likely less able to give support due to his own "troubles." His mug shot reminded me of the Aurora Theater killer's expression.

Likely scenario:

Just my $0.02.

ETA - Paterson one town away from me. I need to see if there are alerts in my area. This guy is really on the move. Paterson is well over an hour away from East Stroudsburg. Maybe he got the Uber in NJ.

That woman must be completely traumatized! Even if physically "safe."

Found safe
UConn student linked to CT murders took an Uber to PA Walmart
Derby police revealed Monday morning that Nicholas Eisele's girlfriend was found safe in Paterson, NJ, after being taken against her will, saying Manfredonia was her “captor.”

Last edited:
Found safe doesn't necessarily mean unharmed.

I HOPE she was indeed unharmed, but I don't want to make assumptions I don't actually know for a fact.

jmo

Even if she was not harmed physically, she was surely harmed mentally and emotionally. Escaping a killer with a machete would be quite traumatic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back