Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I also find confusing.. MG states that Lori was scared of Charles and he was coming up from Texas to kill her which I assume was around July 11th when CV died.

According to Gardners time line..

Abt 20 June 2019 – CV and Lori rent a new rental house together from a landlord/friend, JP, in Chandler, AZ. This is the house where CV would later be fatally shot (East Idaho News, Fox10 Phoenix).

10 July 2019 - CV texts Lori to say he would be there at 7:30 am to pick up JJ on Wed and take him to school and he also wants to take JJ to school Thurs & Fri. Lori tells CV he can take JJ to school but he cannot stay in house; She says she will book him a hotel room nearby (Chandler PD interview docs, Fox10 Phoenix).

10 July 2019, 7:49 PM - CV texts his landlord, JP saying he wants to find a new place to live because things are not working out with Lori. They plan to meet to talk about it the next morning (East Idaho News).

(July 11th)Morning – Lori’s husband, CV, wakes up at a hotel where he has been staying for a few weeks while Lori and the kids live in the rental house. At some point he tells a hotel employee to expect him and his son JJ back for breakfast that morning. It is unclear what time CV left the hotel to go pick up JJ (Fox10 Phoenix).

From what I gather.. he wasn't living in Texas and coming up to kill her. He was staying at a local hotel in Arizona. If she was scared for her life, she wouldn’t tell CV he can come by and take JJ to school. SHE wouldn't book him a hotel room nearby. She seemed to be communicating with him. More of her lies..

And here's the thing. I'm not trying to start a theological debate but what they describe as zombies is what Christians the world over call demon possession. Jmo

Except we don't advocate killing them.

True, and the accounts I hear, demon possessions look like The Exorcist movie (Which is supposedly based on actual events). Like MG was saying Christ casts out evil spirits, as do Christians.

What they are claiming as "zombies" are people that they just want to get rid of. These are normal people, I didn't see any of them having any signs of demon possession, nor has anyone ,other than possibly LVD and CD, claimed otherwise.

The thing that worries me though, is when MG said that part of their mission is to get rid of all of the zombies.

How do you get rid of the zombies? I wish Nate would have asked her that. I assume that this infers killing them, as has been alluded to previously. If I recall, they believe that once a "zombie" always a zombie, thus that would infer to get rid of a zombie, one would need to kill the zombie.

MOO

New things I learned from this second part of Nate Eaton’s interview of MG:

• Lori was collecting around $6,000 a month from survivor benefits for Colby and Tylee from Joe's death and from disability benefits for JJ;
Snipped to get to this:

Colby turned 18 five days after the death date attributed to Joe. So, if Colby was actually adopted, I don't see how Lori would receive SS benefits for him for any more than five days.

Either way, this total of $6000 for the children seems like an extraordinarily high amount.

SSI disability payment for JJ would have maxed out at $771/month. (And those funds are intended to support his needs. In other words, if he was living with Kay -- yes, I know, he wasn't -- there would have to be funds from the SSI payment directed towards Kay to support JJ's needs. Lori would also, as the payee, be required to change JJ's address if he had moved there -- yes, I know, he didn't. )

I know the number $6000 has popped up in various places, but do we know where it originated? Is there some other source for these benefits besides SS?

MG didn't cover for them. She refused to lie to the police and told the police JJ wasn't with her.

She didn't break the law. She went to police voluntarily in early December.

Thanks for clarifying but I was not suggesting she did anything legally wrong. I think the moment she talked with him was enough to go right to LE which is what I thought I had said....

"If someone tried to tell me to cover for them about their missing children.....at that point I would go to LE myself."

As soon as it becomes clear that Melanie isn't inclined to LIE TO THE POLICE about JJ's whereabouts, the story evolves to Kay trying to kidnap the kids and Lori hiding them to prevent that happening. Lori can no longer trust Melanie, so she has to LIE to her. :mad:
But she lied to her from the start when she told her that JJ was with Kay She even pretended to be at the airport on the way to hand him off.

Thanks for clarifying but I was not suggesting she did anything legally wrong. I think the moment she talked with him was enough to go right to LE which is what I thought I had said....

"If someone tried to tell me to cover for them about their missing children.....at that point I would go to LE myself."
I understood what you were saying @Hatfield

Did anyone hear anything new in part 2?

The thing that pops up for me is Lori telling MG to go to the movie theater and take pics of random kids running around to "prove" MG had JJ with her. :eek:

Jmo

Yes, I wonder what advice for selling a lie she had for TR related to the shooting of CV. I'm guessing something like: "Tell the police you came out of your bedroom with a bat when you heard shouting, and that you poked it at CV and then he grabbed it and threatened you with it." What, no photos?

My concern is that MG does not have a lawyer. The reason this concerns me, is that I wonder if any of what she is sharing on these news reports will actually be admissible in court, or if this will be thrown out. I can see the defense claiming that this has been tainted, or sensationalized.

Does any of our lawyers know if that is a possibility?

From what I know, if I was involved in this mess I'd get a lawyer pronto, if I was in MG's position. How many times have innocent people been railroaded by the system, because they weren't familiar with the law?

MOO

My concern is that MG does not have a lawyer. The reason this concerns me, is that I wonder if any of what she is sharing on these news reports will actually be admissible in court, or if this will be thrown out. I can see the defense claiming that this has been tainted, or sensationalized.

From what I know, if I was involved in this mess I'd get a lawyer pronto, if I was in MG's position. How many times have innocent people been railroaded by the system, because they weren't familiar with the law?

MOO
Absolutely. The entire thing, beginning to end, seems unfortunately naive.

To me, this is a bit confusing when she said this...

Gibb says despite everything that has happened, she still loves Chad and Lori. She says she hopes they will repent, tell the truth and confess to authorities any wrongdoings they have done.

“I’m only here to share the truth because of those that passed away, and that justice needs to be served. … But if you’re Lori … She’s got to admit that these people are dead and it was because of their teachings and their ideas that they had these things happen. … You would have to admit you actually had something to do with the death of your family,” Gibb says. “It would be hard to say, ‘My belief systems are false.'”

She continues, “I do feel sorrow for everybody involved. … Everybody’s hurting from this. … She’s in … jail now. She doesn’t get to be with Chad, who she loves. That’s what she wanted so badly, and now she can’t even be with him. It was a fatal attraction that led to their separation and people passing away. It’s a tragic, tragic story.”

Part 2: Melanie Gibb describes zombies, JJ's disappearance and the 'fatal attraction' between Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News
The tragedy isn't that Chad and Lori don't get to be with each other. The real tragedy is that Charles, Tammy, Tylee, and JJ (and possibly others?) don't get to be with us because of the choices of these two.

I also take umbrage with the claim that Lori loves Chad (and presumably vice versa). Love, true love, doesn't lead to cheating on one's spouse or killing them. If she truly loved Chad she never would have gotten involved with him or inserted herself into his marriage. I believe that true love "suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things." Whatever Chad and Lori were smitten by it wasn't love. JMO.

So I guess what we’ve learned from this interview is SS and JC really don’t know Lori and weren’t being completely honest in their interviews. Jmo
Don't forget MP! MG says she's never seen so much drama follow one person as she's seen surrounding Lori (and this was before November!), but MP says the opposite. MOO.

Last edited:

MOO

That is a great point.

As much as it is nice to hear more information from one of the people that was close to the situation, I agree that it may have been best for her not to have done an interview without a lawyer's advice or with one present.

I want to believe that, but I still don't know if that's completely true. MG only directly said she wouldn't go along with one of the various plans one time during this interview. She seemed to go with the flow quite a bit. She even admitted she's gullible.

Again, I don't think she's a criminal or deserves endless ridicule over this.

We already knew she didn't lie to cover for them from the probable cause document from Lori's arrest. When Gilbert police got a hold of MG on the phone she said JJ was not with her and hadn't been in AZ for several months. Then she later voluntarily contacted the Rexburg PD to say that Lori and Chad had asked her to lie (but she declined to lie for them):
https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com...04/Affidavit-of-Probable-Cause-5-781x1024.jpg

More pages at link: READ: The documents charging Lori Vallow Daybell | East Idaho News

The part of the MG interview that was new info was that MG was with her family in UT at the time that Lori lied to say JJ was with MG in AZ. That's why no one was at home when police went to MG's house. It was 2 days before Thanksgiving and makes sense that MG was with family, as many people are before holidays. Lori probably knew that MG was out of town and perhaps hoped police would not be able to contact MG for a couple days due to the holiday. Even though MG didn't lie, the delay in LE being able to contact her gave Lori and Chad time to skip town. Did MG avoid answering LE's phone calls due to Chad saying not to answer the phone? We don't really know if she did that or not, but ultimately she didn't lie when she talked to the police on the phone and later contacted police herself to offer more info about the POI's asking her to lie. What it comes down to for me is that I think we should be the most angry with the conniving POI's who disappeared children and then fled from LE after the welfare check, not the people they tried to involve in their plot who declined to lie for them about missing children.

MOO.

Snipped to get to this:

Colby turned 18 five days after the death date attributed to Joe. So, if Colby was actually adopted, I don't see how Lori would receive SS benefits for him for any more than five days.

Either way, this total of $6000 for the children seems like an extraordinarily high amount.

SSI disability payment for JJ would have maxed out at $771/month. (And those funds are intended to support his needs. In other words, if he was living with Kay -- yes, I know, he wasn't -- there would have to be funds from the SSI payment directed towards Kay to support JJ's needs. Lori would also, as the payee, be required to change JJ's address if he had moved there -- yes, I know, he didn't. )

I know the number $6000 has popped up in various places, but do we know where it originated? Is there some other source for these benefits besides SS?
JJ would never have received SSI payments, even with Lori being a single mom after CVS death. Based on CV's earnings, he would have received much much more in survivors benefits than for SSI, and you can't receive both. MO(very experienced)O.

What good did it do CV to go to police about the same kind of claims? When he called police about his concerns about her mental instability demonstrated by these expressed beliefs AND by her extreme actions (cancelling his trip and hiding his truck, vacating the house and changing the locks, emptying the bank accounts), CV pointed out that she had their two children with her. And the police totally blew him off, saying that was her right as their mother. Quite honestly, they sounded like they thought it was "some of that weird LDS stuff" (the officer said he was not LDS so he didn't know about all this stuff) and didn't want anything to do with it.

Plus, everything that I have heard about LVD I believe that she is highly functional. Meaning that she would have been smart enough to know exactly what to say around LEO and how to act around them. She would have had them believing that MG was the crazy one instead, and would have had the police completely believing it. Just look how she handled the whole thing with CV.

MOO

What they are claiming as "zombies" are people that they just want to get rid of. These are normal people, I didn't see any of them having any signs of demon possession, nor has anyone ,other than possibly LVD and CD, claimed otherwise.
Lori described JJ's mannerisms and statements to MG as zombie-like. I found it interesting that JJ became a zombie just one day before MG's visit. That would have been on September 18.
How do you get rid of the zombies? I wish Nate would have asked her that. I assume that this infers killing them, as has been alluded to previously. If I recall, they believe that once a "zombie" always a zombie, thus that would infer to get rid of a zombie, one would need to kill the zombie.
MOO
She did say that Lori and Chad killed thousands of zombies at a time using their portal rituals.

She did go to LE herself and told them that Lori and Chad asked her to lie, so I'm not sure what you're saying? :confused:

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members