Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand it. Some people (I'm one of them) might focus anger or frustration on something or someone rather than succumbing to grief and the overwhelming feeling of helplessness. It happens when people die - the doctor did something or didn't do something for example. In this case, BM's channeling some of that into anger and disappointment in LE right now.

I'm not a cryer or hand-wringer. I keep calm, get things done as best I can. When I feel helpless, I focus on something else like making sure the caregiver/LE/doctor/detective/whatever is knowledgable and doing what needs to be done on their part.

We break down later (in private hopefully) when the stress and adrenaline wanes.

While most people might behave in predicted ways, not all people do.
Thank you! Spot on! I felt like it wasn’t anger at LE, so much as disappointment, guilt for not being home...
I kinda saw someone almost sleepwalking, repeating all the minutia he has gone over w/ everyone involved, etc...( hospital waiting rooms comes to minds) coming to his own terms that his wife is probably not coming home, perhaps needing to talk to someone, anyone...keeping busy.
Men may be in charge, but I wonder who really handled it?
We handle it. When I had younger children, hubby away w/ job & military, I had to be the rock, privately, no!

JMO, I think SM is the rock.

BM knows what this is, as if he didn’t do it, abduction is the only other option. Even if he for some reason believes that Tony the Tiger did this, why would he take that chance?

If someone said to me “I wouldn’t talk to the media if my loved one was kidnapped,” I would stay the hell away from them.

That’s a person who cares more about themselves, than anyone else. And in the off chance he was told not to talk to the media, then I would expect him to still do what every other person seems to do in a similar situation.

Speak up.

Fair enough, we all act differently in different circumstances. If I were asked not to speak publicly about a missing loved one while a *missing persons* investigation was underway, I’d comply rather than go cowboy on LE (and I’m certainly no wallflower). Nephew Trevor was heavily criticised in some quarters for doing exactly that. I don’t think it’s an indicator of selfishness or self involvement or guilt to remain quiet and not share details when requested by a Sheriff or the FBI.

I believe that BM and the rest of his family has been asked by LE not to talk publicly at this stage, and that it’s not merely an offchance. That request - and their response - doesn’t convict or absolve anyone IMO. It simply shows respect for the skillset of the investigators, who one would certainly hope knows best. At the moment BM’s silence is deafening and working against him in terms of public perception - so you’d have to assume a guilty man and his attorneys would be smart enough to see that clearly and play the other fiddle. But curiously he’s not. All JMO, clearly.

Good question. <modsnip: rumor> the person that was interviewed saying “there was a suspicious vehicle”. Was that interview clip ever found?
I have seen various posts about it, but have never seen the interview. Is he trying to insert himself into this investigation for his 15 minutes of fame?
(Even if that’s the case, we all got to see a bit more of BM to analyze.)

Last edited by a moderator:
But - and let’s just assume for the sake of this point that he’s innocent - if he is certain that LE did drag that bike up a bank, it was handled by multiple people, and traffic was allowed to pass across the road, isn’t what he said utterly reasonable? It would irk me no end if evidence was compromised, I’d be furious (even more so when she remains missing and I later find myself under the predictable gaze of public scrutiny).

Right, but he's not furious, which makes it all the more suspect. He's just relaying that info like all of the other info, i.e., it might have been a cat, it might have been an abduction, here's where they found her bike, LE messed up the crime scene. It's all one recitation, and it's all delivered in the same flat affect. That is suspect. Because you're right: if your wife disappeared and LE had destroyed evidence that might help you find her, you would be furious. The question is: why isn't Barry? The answer, IMO, is: because Barry is full of it.

He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.

Listening to him, one would almost think he just dropped that tidbit about the rain in as an afterthought.
Almost.

I find the words posters are using to describe him after watching this video quite interesting:

"Personable"
"Charming"
"Believable"
"Earnest"

This guy is a born salesman.

I'm just not buying what he's pitching.

JMO.

No he didn’t know he was being filmed.
I think this is all a little too convenient. I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying it. I think the whole thing was staged. He discusses A LOT of things that have been asked about and/or speculated...
1. when he arrived back from Denver
2. why he was in Denver
3. who he was in Denver with (his workers)
4. how and when the neighbor was called and SM reported "missing"
5. the daughters were late in coming home
6. where the bike was found
7. who has been looking for SM (friends came in from out of town and hired "own people")
8. theory on "what happened" mountain lion snatched her
9. where the mountain lions take their prey
10. that a personal item was found and where the item was found
11. and last but not least, that LE (specifically Sheriff's office screwed up) because they let cars and people walk in the area of interest
I know I missed some other points because I only listened to it once. Seems REALLY convenient to me and I am not buying it. BM seems pretty street smart to me. He is going to talk to this guy randomly and engage in this full-on convo and re-hash all these details??? Nope. JMO

ETA: Ahhh....the bike. If indeed, the bike was mis-handled, that is not going to be good for the investigation. But I really do think the bike has been a diversion from the beginning. BM really wants to steer us in that direction.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the “right here” he is referring to is anywhere near where coincidentally someone reported a suspicious van was parked?
That would sure shore up his abduction narrative.
He appeared to me to be standing on CR 225 near the intersection with Puma Path. The intersection is 33/100 of a mile from Highway 50, and 31/100 of a mile to the end of CR 225 at Fooses Lake Dam. The distance to his driveway on Puma Path is 22/100 of a mile. The suspicious van was reported to be on CR 225. IMO

I think this is all a little too convenient. I'm sorry, but I'm just not buying it. I think the whole thing was staged. He discusses A LOT of things that have been asked about and/or speculated...
1. when he arrived back from Denver
2. why he was in Denver
3. who he was in Denver with (his workers)
4. how and when the neighbor was called and SM reported "missing"
5. the daughters were late in coming home
6. where the bike was found
7. who has been looking for SM (friends came in from out of town and hired "own people")
8. theory on "what happened" mountain lion snatched her
9. where the mountain lions take their prey
10. that a personal item was found and where the item was found
11. and last but not least, that LE (specifically Sheriff's office screwed up) because they let cars and people walk in the area of interest
I know I missed some other points because I only listened to it once. Seems REALLY convenient to me and I am not buying it. BM seems pretty street smart to me. He is going to talk to this guy randomly and engage in this full-on convo and re-hash all these details??? Nope. JMO
My husband says the same thing...staged.

And why is it even important how many times his buddy deployed in the context of the conversation he was having at the time?
BBM:

Because, "He knows this stuff better than anybody."

I'm not sure what stuff exactly, since Colorado is not in either Iraq or Afghanistan, and I doubt he was doing much mountain biking during his 400 tours.

Regardless. His buddy knows this stuff.

Better than anybody…especially LE!

JMO.

IMO he doesn't come across as very humble. AFAIK, this is the 2nd time we have heard him say anything. And right off he mentions the $210,000 reward to Ty, just like he did the first time he spoke. He seems disconnected from the situation. This is his wife of 32 years and neither time has he spoken about his pain or fear of what may have happened to her or talked directly to any kidnapper begging that she not be hurt. Talk like she means something to you, BM. Just me but I'd rather hear those words instead of how much money you are offering for her return. JMO.

But - and let’s just assume for the sake of this point that he’s innocent - if he is certain that LE did drag that bike up a bank, it was handled by multiple people, and traffic was allowed to pass across the road, isn’t what he said utterly reasonable? It would irk me no end if evidence was compromised, I’d be furious (even more so when she remains missing and I later find myself under the predictable gaze of public scrutiny). Incidentally, I personally don’t think his comments were a significant or calculated “trashing” of LE anyway.

This is not going to be something that is hard to disprove - how the evidence was handled will all come out whatever the outcome. There’s a possibility BM was there with them searching when it was located. And if that is how the bike was handled, the Sheriff’s Office will have some explaining to do.

Good points - I think a reasonable and intelligent person would certainly be "irked," BUT they would be intelligent enough to do everything possible early on in a investigation to cooperate with LE, because THEY will be the ones to return your loved one! If it were my spouse, and I were innocent, I would cooperate fully, even if they suspected me. To talk to some random dude on a trail is crazy at best . And honestly, the fact that so many people disregard the findings of LE, question their work, and think they know better, just totally astounds me. This is what they do. The rest of us just watch. Just sayin'.

I agree that his trashing of law enforcement is suspect. It doesn't ring true, and if he's responsible for her disappearance, he has two reasons for promulgating this narrative about LE messing up the crime scene. First, it allows him to offer up a "bad guy" in his stead to the public. Barry knows the world is worried about his beautiful wife and is looking for someone to blame for all of this. In suggesting that LE messed up the crime scene he's telling the world: "LE is the bad guy here, LE is the reason we don't know where Suzanne is". Second, it allows him to "explain away" why LE doesn't have any leads or any ideas. "They messed up the crime scene," is Barry's explanation. In reality --- if Barry is responsible for her disappearance, this is --- the reason they don't have any leads or ideas (other than the husband) is that none exist, and none exist because Barry is the bad guy.
Any other human would be thanking their lucky stars that LE searched, closed roads, had dogs and did it for days, then if you're sure it wasn't you you're be thankful that LE was on to a possible co-worker of yours. moo

And why is it even important how many times his buddy deployed in the context of the conversation he was having at the time?
I think more than anything it speaks to his credibility, or lack there of..

Do you think the man that took the video and BM staged the interview or his version of events was staged? The former is interesting to ruminate...

I don’t necessarily think the whole thing was staged—in terms of both guys being in on it. I do wonder though if when BM saw T loitering around filming (his truck drives right by T strolling down the road taking video beforehand), BM decided to go and tell his story, likely knowing he might be recorded. He’s a savvy businessman, right? I doubt he’d be that easily duped. IMO.

This case keeps getting weirder.

Yes, here we hear it from the horse's mouth...the original story line of his missing wife Suzanne--with all the possibilities as to what, when, and where he was when she disappeared.
Almost as IF the guy asked just the right questions so BM could tell his side of story. I’m seeing huge support for him right now from comments. This video changed a lot of minds.... so I must be a hard core skeptic because I’m suspicious that BM would chit chat with a stranger.

He’s blaming the sheriff’s department for contaminating evidence by touching the bike and walking/driving all over the area.

JMO
Is BM setting it up so that if he’s arrested his defense could say the evidence was tainted. He brought up 3 possible theories. I read people pretty well and my hinky meter going off. Chris Watt seemed sincere and was well liked too. I think he was staging his responses here also

JMO MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member