Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephanie (Butzer) Rose on Twitter
The Colorado Bureau of Investigation just confirmed to me that the search for #SuzanneMorphew is continuing — she has not been found (despite the ever-present online rumors). In addition, CBI said no arrests have been made in connection to this case.
EZbwxaGVAAIJxS2.jpg

10:37 AM - 1 Jun 2020

But wouldn't LE just bring this guy in and ask him if it was set up? Wouldn't that be used as additional evidence against him if it was set up? Seems doubtful that it was a setup.
I don't see that, LE doesn't care about trying Barry for lying, They are looking at him for a possible murder. Barry could have said the same thing to Crimeonline, Daily Mail or any Denver paper. He wants to control the questions and answers. What if Tyler said they did plan it so Barry could tell his side, so what? It's all too coincidental IMO

I've listened to it a couple of times and still don't know what to think. My initial reaction was he was being largely truthful (but exaggerating), but the more I listen (and the more I read comments) the more questions I have. However, regardless, I do think that there are probably more truths in here than lies - so I wanted to look at it from the lens of "what if BM is telling the truth?

The bike was found near the road in a ravine (not on a bridge, not up the mountain on a path). LE found a personal item along that same road some distance away. Obviously LE knows if this is true or not.

Clearly the animal attack narrative (per the email to the church) came from BM. It sounds like BM is still holding to that as a possibility, despite LEs statement that it was "unlikely".

BM believes LE mishandled the scene around the bike. This might explain TNs statement about "ask the sheriff" re: the condition of the bike. It could also explain why LE has been so tight-lipped about the the bike. Obviously LE knows if this is true or not.

BM also appears to be holding onto the abduction possibility. That's not surprising given the video and lack of other alternative plausible theories.

We potentially learned quite a bit about BMs alleged whereabouts on Sunday. I didn't hear him actually state when he left home, but believe he implies it was on Sunday (which would also imply he very well could have been the last person to see SM alive). He also states the plan was for the daughters to be back earlier in the day to spend time with SM, that they were delayed and texted SM. It's when they didn't hear back that they became concerned and called the neighbor. He indicates he was in the communication loop and actually suggested that they call the police. He says he got home around 9 pm, which fits fairly closely with heading home around the time the call to the police was made. There is a lot of detail in that narrative that could be corroborated or refuted based on cell records, interviewing the neighbor, daughters and others who may have been on the camping trip.

I think it's interesting that BM says "they told me I'm cleared". Obviously LE knows if that is true - and if they in fact told him that, why hasn't LE announced it? They were quick to announce the landowner had no ties to the case....

I guess what I take from all of it is even if everything BM said is true - well, minus the clear exaggerations like the 200 mile radius search area - I don't think there's anything in here that is a revelation that actually clears him (knowing that the bike could have been staged). Much of what BM said is verifiable by LE and, if true, certainly lends credibility to the argument that it could have been an animal attack, accident, or abduction. But if BM is lying in the video, that would cast much more suspicion on him. Time will tell......

great post.

but if barry were telling the truth, and it was an abduction, or a mountain lion, or an accident, WHERE is she and why on earth aren't LE (or friends and family) having daily massive searches to look for her?

Last edited:
I think somebody probably just bought the video from Tyler with the condition that he take it down. It could be used for a news special later on or sometimes media groups buy it so that a different media group won’t have it instead.

I don't see that, LE doesn't care about trying Barry for lying, They are looking at him for a possible murder. Barry could have said the same thing to Crimeonline, Daily Mail or any Denver paper. He wants to control the questions and answers. What if Tyler said they did plan it so Barry could tell his side, so what? It's all too coincidental IMO
Its used in trial to make him look more shady - if it is a set up.

BM might be a high functioning Asperger individual--his verbatim quote on his video plea for his wife, literally repeating everything his nephew said to the media, and the lack of facial expression while talking, along with the most recent video clip where he waves his arms around continuously, plus his apparent lack of social and anger management skills seems to me to be various signs of possible autism behavior.

I'm not sure it's necessary to go in that direction, but I'm not qualified.
I do want to point out, though, that the qualities you mention aren't specific to Aspergers. He might just be a guy who fundamentally is "insensitive to feelings" (his or others') or he's so into putting on an act, he looks blank. Now in particular, but maybe always like that. Poor anger management—as WSers are very familiar—is not generally an Aspergers thing.
Other qualities could certainly add to this picture: arrogance, controlling, self-involvement..... Those certainly aren't specific to an autistic syndrome.

"This video has been removed by the uploader." Maybe BM did come after him (legally, I mean).

@riolove77 @Alethea
Can one of our esteemed attorneys say whether or not the "one-party recording" rule I see noted as being okay in CO is valid if one party specifically asks to not be recorded?

I wonder if Ty took them down because of the huge angry public outcry. Can we allude to comments on the video? Huge public outcry/anger at him (Ty).

If there is evidence to prove murder not sure lying is going to matter much in the big picture or make anyone look more shady. Most guilty people deny their involvement initially. Never saw extra time added for lying.
So, why would he do a set up. If he is involved, the evidence of that will still exist and the direction of the investigation will not change. If he's not involved, same thing - I don't think this would change anything regarding where the evidence leads. Also, it seems like he is not in control of the video. So, if he said something wrong and wanted to edit it out, he can't do that. It just doesn't make sense.

I wonder if Ty took them down because of the huge angry public outcry. Can we allude to comments on the video? Huge public outcry/anger at him (Ty).
He may have... but I personally doubt he has a conscience about it. He seems pretty shady, IMO -- the way he had a video (that he later removed) where he said the "interview" with BM was recorded by accident? But then in that video (that he said had been recorded by accident in another video), he clearly says he hopes the "threat" was caught by the camera. He's some guy trying to make a name and bring in income by sleuthing crimes. Like GH, DWAP, and Plunder. IMO.

I also think @TGIRecovered could be right that he sold the rights to it. (He must hope to make this a source of income.) If that is the case, we will find out soon enough.

ETA clarification

He has IN license plates? Ooops! He'd be very noticeable in CO. His chances of being seen somewhere he says he wasn't just got a lot higher.
Can't believe he has IN plates when his biz is registered in CO.
In my state you have to register your car within 30 days of moving here. Does CO have anything like this?
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member