Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the deafening silence from family and friends that I find disturbing. From TN jumping in to help, to completely walking away. Even the fire chief has clamped up. No shows of support, no online chatter, no vigils (virtual or otherwise), no hanging up of posters, no public pleas.

Have those close to Suzanne been informed, or now suspect, the way that this might be headed? This doesn’t seem like a simple circling of the wagons in solidarity with BM.
Awesome way to put this! Yes the silence is ear-piercing....

I think it will be much rarer in the near future for the term to be used, if at all. Its not working in the age of social media. Once named as a POI someone's life is ruined.

Shannan's Watts parents have been constantly harassed and they are victims...
Her parents have hired attorney’s to try and stop the harassment. The harassment is nonstop, adding "we can't grieve." "We have been subject to threats on our lives all because we are victims of a painful tragedy," Rzucek said…..

Steven Lambert, the family's attorney, said they've contacted Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Lambert said a group of people have been helping the family track down the cyber bullies and are "constantly reporting" them. But nothing has been done to stop the harassment.

"There's no regulatory arm of YouTube, there's no customer service line for YouTube, no customer service line for Facebook to contact," Lambert said. "And we have really tried and racked our brain over a year to get something done."

If this is how it goes for innocent grieving grandparents, imagine being a “person of interest”

Shannan's parent's have no one to sue, they are additional victims of Chris Watts but I would think a named POI who was innocent would be suing the police dept. in the near future.

YES! In some recent cases, not only were some guys NOT POIs or suspects, the idea seemed to be that because they weren't announced to be innocent or cleared or not involved it was fair game for some people to completely trash them.

I mean there were some REALLY rude, beyond unkind remarks about their appearances, work ethic, life choices, etc. Many comments were appallingly unkind in assumptions and some were so deliberately cruel. It was shocking and I can't imagine what it must have been like to see, read or hear people that people were saying these things about them. There's a huge difference between hypothesizing or spitballing theories, but when it turns extremely personal and direct meanness like a lot of it did, it was shocking to see people making wild assumptions about someone's character based on how they looked or where they lived.

Disclaimer: I'm hypocritical and I freely and more than a bit ashamedly admit this. I don't have a problem trashing a heinous and guilty person (MS for example) after it's announced by authorities that they're “it” or if after learning information that gets released to the media proves them to be a cr*ppy human. I rationalize that those people do it to themselves and I've been known to pile on. Yes, I'm a hypocrit.

I finally figured out what it is that bothers me about BM’s comment that it was “too soon” to talk about Suzanne’s disappearance.

Based upon the initial information given, the most likely scenario would have been that Suzanne had a bicycle accident and might be injured and unable to get help.

If one thought their loved one was laying somewhere, helpless and injured, wouldn’t their top priority be getting the word out to ask for anyone who may have seen her that day to contact LE, to possibly help narrow down a search area?

“It’s too soon...”

No, it wasn’t too soon. It was too late.
Very well reasoned IMO

The item seems to have been positively identified (as hers) very quickly, so I’m leaning towards it being her phone or keys.

It doesn’t sound like BM was asked to identify it, and if someone close to him was asked to provide that information, I think he would know.
I was thinking about that when I saw the video- He didn't know what it is...

What could that item be that LE announced they were virtually sure it was hers when they have released almost nothing else. They haven't even confirmed a bike but they specifically mentioned this item.

Was it identified by a family member who kept it from BM or was it something so indisputable like her wallet with her driver's license?

BBM:

Any further away, and it also likely delays discovery.

I think in the perp's mind, close to home was a better setting.

I think the perp wanted the bike found sooner rather than later.

As we've been told ad nauseam, BM was in Denver on Sunday.
Bike was apparently recovered on Sunday.
Convenient, that.

For the record, I don't think it matters one iota where BM was on Sunday.

I don't think it matters where he was on Sunday, because I don't believe SM was alive on Sunday.

JMO.
BBM-- I agree 1000%

What could that item be that LE announced they were virtually sure it was hers when they have released almost nothing else. They haven't even confirmed a bike but they specifically mentioned this item.

Was it identified by a family member who kept it from BM or was it something so indisputable like her wallet with her driver's license?
To be clear, we do not know if BM knows what it is. He simply told TD that LE wasn't telling them what it is.

As far as what it could be, LE could believe the item was SM's because as you say it was indisputable like a wallet or DL. I'm inclined to think otherwise, but we shall wait and see. Could've been that aqua helmet that shows up in the missing person photo of her, for instance. JMO

JMO

I don't know what to make of all the silence other than I find it sad.

This may be what you were alluding to, but I think others have done a pretty good of explaining why we are getting this silence, namely, LE do not believe Barry's story and they are in the process of (i) further investigating him, his movements on Friday - Sunday, his electronic communications, etc. (ii) building a case against him and (iii) waiting to see if --- given time and given silence --- he will make additional mistakes that help them in one way or another.

In any missing persons case where LE believed it was actually a case of a missing person, they'd have issued a BOLO and there would have been follow-up press conferences and additional BOLOs. We have none of that. And I think we have none of that because LE does not believe that is what is going on here.

I’m game!

I have no facts whatsoever that BM is guilty. I also have no facts whatsoever that BM is not guilty. And there’s that!

What I see is the direction LE have taken in this investigation. Shutting BM out of his home for a week, taking his truck and phone, digging up his work and not giving him the “all clear,” good to go. They never issued a BOLO with a description of SM, her bike or clothing. Strange behaviour if they actually believed a kidnapping, abduction occurred ala BM’s theories.

What I also see is BM “hanging his hat” on SM’s bike and the narrative he is spinning, actually three possibilities, none of which LE seem interested in pursuing, at the moment. BM’s theories all involve the bike and nothing but the bike, while LE are mum on it. That makes me suspicious of the bike story and therefore BM. JMHO

Why would they issue a BOLO if the bike was found? I doubt they have any idea what SM was wearing. I think BOLOs are issued for suspects, not victims.
I'm not suspicious of the bike story. I do believe it was found and another personal item was found.

JMO

As mentioned before, this can be him being in shock. And just not thinking clearly, mumbling about. Just days after she went missing. No sleep, no food. You become lucid.

Option 2. If this is; ''controlling the narrative'' BM. Again it is not working. The distraught husband in shock, at the same time playing a game. Not knowing what kind of information to share. If he is playing that character, while knowing of her whereabouts because he committed a crime, he is doing an awful job.

Man, this case has me confused.
Excellent points! I need some examples before Suzannes disappearance to compare to his behavior now. IMO he is looking like a very distraught husband, and he is doing anything or everything to get her back, all the while knowing the longer it goes the less chance of that. He was described as quiet fellow, I think. I do not see any claims of innocence because he is still in the search mode. OR he needs an Oscar.

This may be what you were alluding to, but I think others have done a pretty good of explaining why we are getting this silence, namely, LE do not believe Barry's story and they are in the process of (i) further investigating him, his movements on Friday - Sunday, his electronic communications, etc. (ii) building a case against him and (iii) waiting to see if --- given time and given silence --- he will make additional mistakes that help them in one way or another.

In any missing persons case where LE believed it was actually a case of a missing person, they'd have issued a BOLO and there would have been follow-up press conferences and additional BOLOs. We have none of that. And I think we have none of that because LE does not believe that is what is going on here.
Exactly. And the silence from the family is reminiscent of many homicide cases in which there actually is a body and a suspect (named or otherwise).

So that’s a difference, but I get the sense the family sees it the same way that law enforcement does.

Agreed. ^^^

And was it something that Suzanne may not have generally taken with her on a bike ride ?
Phone maybe... but not her wallet/driver's license/other identifying item ?

IMO, sometimes LE withholds recovered items from the public to weed out the weirdos that falsely confess to crimes they didn’t commit. If they confess & did it, they should be able to speak to that recovered evidence.

Although I don’t believe that’s the driver in this case.

A number of people have done a good job of answering the question about what "facts" points to Barry, but one thing I would add is that the person who asked that question should be sure to watch all of the available video recordings of Barry, beginning with the Facebook video plea. After watching each carefully, ask yourself to what extent Barry's behavior seems like the behavior of a man who is looking for his beloved missing wife. Do spouses in missing persons cases normally make strange, disorganized, 25-second Facebook videos? Or do they hold press conferences in cooperation with LE and family? Watch his interview with Tyson Draper. Is this a man worried sick about his missing wife? If so, why is he so singularly unconcerned about his missing wife? Why is he rattling off as many (implausible) scenarios of what might have happened to her as he can? There is much more than can be said re analysis of his word choices, his mannerisms, etc. but the bottom line for me is that there is something not quite "right" about pretty much everything Barry says and does. To me, at least.

Ita.
And re. the bolded : (Speculation Only) What IF BM acts in a manner that might indicate he knows Suzanne is not coming back ?

They still haven't found anything. Or they are not telling. Shouldn't they be questioning him over and over. If they think they can find her alive and they suspect the husband then surely he would be back into questioning constantly.

If they don't think she will be found alive. Are they building a case? And thus keeping everybody in the loop. LE and the two agencies did not want any local and voluntarily groups searching for her. Why?

If LE believes SM is dead, they aren't going to want volunteers searching and possibly contaminating evidence. BM told the youtuber not to touch any possible evidence he found. Did he comply with that request? No.

JMO

The new Tyson video really clears up where the bike was found and the article. So, the object was found as she's coming down the hill .... I'm sticking with the theory of sunnies coming off, if a deer was on the road or something, then falls off bike. Don't think she would have floated down the river and not be seen ... the helmet would have been very visible, that is if there was a bike ride ..... and then abduction happening as she's trying to make her way on foot back home.
The interesting thing I found from looking at the Google Earth and streetview is you don't need to go on the road to get to where she was found. So, a person or persons unknown could have ridden/walked the bike there under cover of darkness (torch in hand) and placed the bike there and the object and walked home. Just a thought.
I too think the next big lead in this case will be from CCTV or dashcam, it's only a matter of time.
PS: Hey, Dutyron and Plunder, they're pretty good aren't they, never come across anything like that before :)

I've said this before but I feel like it's worth saying again: the fact that LE (read, the FBI) dug up a home construction site where Barry had laid dirt tells you that LE has decided it's Barry. I guess it's possible they did that search/dig on the basis of a bad tip, but I don't think that's very likely. I think they've concluded that it's Barry, and I think that if they've concluded it's Barry, discussion of the bike is a little moot. If it was Barry, the bike is obviously staging. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz