Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
good she got the petition - good for EK!

Barry Morphew files for guardianship of missing wife Suzanne Morphew
A member of Suzanne Morphew’s family who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Barry and Suzanne owned multiple rental properties in Indiana, and said they recalled Suzanne saying that the couple was planning on selling at least one of them. The family member said they were unaware of Barry Morphew’s petition for guardianship when CrimeOnline asked them to comment on the matter.

The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne.

This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

WHAT THE....!!!!

Surely that is some fake? Or the sick perp?? Do people need any cred to put one of those up on that site? And why give that particular May 7 date?

W T Ph!~
That's the craziest thing ever. How did that even happen? Ancestry is really rigid about using information about living persons, and if they have that on file (WHO filed it?) that means Suzanne's genealogical data is now public. The right to keep it private dies with the person, is the way I understand it.

Ancestry wants and specializes in death certificates as the source of this information.

Hoax? Who would do that?
The person who did it has filed 283 memorials on Find A Grave, so she’s not just a one time submitter. I don’t know what to think ... <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!!
With today's speculation about complicity, it occurred to me that the lack of news conferences, press briefings, etc. could be because LE has reason to believe no homicide has been committed. What if SM's health took a turn and she was given a dreadful prognosis. What if, as a family, they decided, for money or whatever, to help SM go out on her own terms? The girls being gone, BM's sketchy "alibi" - it all fits.
They’ve already said they don’t believe it was suicide, and that’s not going to be a guess. Suicides don’t often involve law enforcement excavating property, and bringing in CSI to the home.

If this is a fraud, it is a despicable sick joke.

That person needs to be exposed and openly denounced so this type of behavior is spotted before they can post false and cruel information on other places, like WS

Last edited:
EK
@EllenKilloran

#SuzanneMorphew's husband Barry Morphew has applied for guardianship of his missing wife in Indiana. His petition states that his wife is "incapacitated" and "cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry"

VEEgsgap

12:38 PM · Jun 5, 2020

SuzanneMorphew's husband Barry Morphew has applied for guardianship of his missing wife in Indiana. His petition states that his wife is "incapacitated" and "cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry"
https://twitter.com/ellenkilloran/status/1268990645143814155?s=21

This is appalling.

How did he get this done in such record time?
Did he take a quick little break from his search for his missing wife to fly out to IN, or what?

I thought that the Crew Dragon making it all the way into orbit within 12 minutes of launch was a remarkable feat.

I ask again: What's the rush?

JMO.

This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

Find A Grave is an entirely user generated/user edited website, with ALL of the information presented in memorial format. There is no guarantee that anything presented is factual. I have been a member / contributor for over 9 years and have read hundreds of thousands of *advertiser censored* memorials which contain information that is simply not true. IMO

They’ve already said they don’t believe it was suicide, and that’s not going to be a guess. Suicides don’t often involve law enforcement excavating property, and bringing in CSI to the home.
It's been mentioned that their church is very "strict." What if it's as simple as her wanting to leave on her own terms, but the stigma of suicide - whether from friends, family or church - made it a non-starter for her take her own life, or seek assisted-suicide, etc. The family could have decided to do this in a way designed to keep BM out of legal trouble. It all just "fits" from my perspective. The LE searches were done because they were investigating every angle.

It's been mentioned that their church is very "strict." What if it's as simple as her wanting to leave on her own terms, but the stigma of suicide - whether from friends, family or church - made it a non-starter for her take her own life, or seek assisted-suicide, etc. The family could have decided to do this in a way designed to keep BM out of legal trouble. It all just "fits" from my perspective. The LE searches were done because they were investigating every angle.
Then he just committed fraud on the court in IN. IMO
IMO - he's got to sell that property - which one is it? Wonder if Ellen knows? anyone care to tweet her and ask?

The immediate presence of the FBI and CBI, and the apparent focus on foul play by a known individual, just wreaks of them having something specific guiding their hand.

They never handled this any other way, and knowing how these agencies operate (from a lot of recent cases), tells me that this isn’t “tunnel vision.”

Personally, I absolutely do not believe this is them merely covering their bases.

Find A Grave is an entirely user generated/user edited website, with ALL of the information presented in memorial format. There is no guarantee that anything presented is factual. I have been a member / contributor for over 9 years and have read hundreds of thousands of *advertiser censored* memorials which contain information that is simply not true. IMO
I have been a member of Ancestry for 15 years. I agree with you, but I’m still shocked by date and the manner of burial. Plus the submitter has submitted 283 memorials, so not someone who just jumped on there. She has SM attached to her mothers memorial, as well. Why that date? Why that manner of burial? It’s just strange and it shocked me.

June 5, 2020

CrimeOnline obtained documents from Hamilton Superior Court in Hamilton County, Indiana, showing that Barry Morphew filed a petition for guardianship of Suzanne Morphew on June 1.

The pending petition states that Suzanne Morphew “is deemed incapacitated under Indiana Law because she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry.”

The document also states that Barry Morphew is requesting to sell real estate in Indiana on behalf of Suzanne, who is the joint owner of a property that is currently in contract and scheduled to close on June 6.

“The need exists for the appointment of a guardian of the alleged incapacitated person in that she cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry and property in Hamilton County, Indiana, needs to be sold,” the petition reads.

A member of Suzanne Morphew’s family who spoke on the condition of anonymity said that Barry and Suzanne owned multiple rental properties in Indiana, and said they recalled Suzanne saying that the couple was planning on selling at least one of them. The family member said they were unaware of Barry Morphew’s petition for guardianship when CrimeOnline asked them to comment on the matter.

The court documents show that Suzanne and Barry Morphew’s eldest daughter, who is an adult, provided consent for her father to be appointed guardianship of Suzanne.

CrimeOnline was unable to locate definitively established guidelines in Indiana for appointing guardianship of a missing person.

“It’s the wild west. There’s no uniformity,” Catherine Seal, a Colorado-based attorney with practice areas of guardianship and elder law, said of guardianship law in the U.S.

“Guardianship is the red-headed stepchild of the probate court,” Seal, a senior partner at Kirland & Seal, LLC, added.

James McGuire, a staff attorney at the Indiana Supreme Court, said that Indiana Supreme Court lawyers could not comment on the guardianship petition because the case is still pending, and could potentially proceed to the higher court. Several private practice attorneys based in Indiana declined to comment, and the attorney representing Barry Morphew in the petition for guardianship did not immediately respond to an interview request.

CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s office has encouraged members of the public who may have information related to Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance to call the dedicated tip line at 719-312-7530.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase