Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks so sketchy.

If you were buying or selling this house and had organized the financing within that time frame, wouldn't it be pretty easy to put some type of legal hold on the sale for even 90 days or whatever, since one of the owners was missing? I can't see a judge, or a mortgage company even, not being somewhat flexible and at the very least, understanding.

Am I overreacting or is like a huge huge red flag? And a motive? I find it stunning, but is it just me?

And ~800k.

MOO
Not just you! This is the biggest red flag to me yet. And it’s just plain cold.

And I thought our “hobby” might seem strange to others...posting memorials for murdered people who aren’t your family members? “Forever Grieving”? How depressing. But it’s very sad that this person has had members of their own family murdered. Why did they write May 7th as the day she died? So that would be Thursday before Mother’s Day Sunday? How strange...do you think this person knows something we don’t know? Cremation??? Bizarro. Wonder if it means anything? I sure wouldn’t be happy about it if it was my Mom.

I think that, like us, that person has his/her strong theories about the case. Perhaps they chose May 7 because LE asked for video starting on the 8th, and they figured they'd use the day before that. Clearly, the *advertiser censored* contributor thinks Suzanne was murdered and the case has touched them. Since it's *advertiser censored*, they can't leave that last entry blank (either a grave or cremation has to go there).

If they really believe she was murdered before Mother's Day (and they may have read that in speculation on WS or reddit or someplace), and they want a place for people to grieve Suzanne, they decided to declare Suzanne "dead" on *advertiser censored*.

I'm not sure it's illegal for genealogical websites like Ancestry to allow living persons' records to be in their full access files, but I believe their ToS prohibits that and that Ancestry should be more careful about its records (off to sleuth a bit on Ancestry, of course).

ETA: Found nothing, but I'm not a member - can't find any records at all about our Suzanne, which is good.

Personally, I absolutely do not believe this is them merely covering their bases.

I'm not saying they were merely covering their bases. If my theory is correct, this was made to look like anything but an assisted suicide. I do believe that LE, after the searches of the house and construction site, came to the conclusion that BM did not commit a Scott Peterson-esque murder.

This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

Wow, that is sick. I am on that site a lot doing research. At first I thought someone hacked 'grxxxing's account to make that post but "grXxxx" does build virtual cemeteries, clueless how that is all linked but it does need to come down. WOW.

and it only costs $177
Financial Information
Financial Balances reflected are current representations of transactions processed by the Clerk’s Office. Please note that any balance due does not reflect interest that has accrued – if applicable – since the last payment. For questions/concerns regarding balances shown, please contact the Clerk’s Office.
Morphew, Barry L
Petitioner
Balance Due (as of 06/05/2020)
Charge Summary
Description Amount Credit Payment
Court Costs and Filing Fees 177.00 0.00 177.00
Transaction Summary
Date Description Amount
06/03/2020 Transaction Assessment
06/03/2020
Motion Filed
Motion to Waive Hearing
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/03/2020
Motion Filed
Motion to Sell real estate
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020
06/05/2020
Hearing Scheduling Activity
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship scheduled for 09/01/2020 at 10:00 AM.
06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Approving Sale of Real Estate entered. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Order Granting Temporary Guardianship
Judge CASATI,MICHAEL
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Letters of Guardianship Issued
Temporary Adult Guardianship
File Stamp:
06/05/2020
06/05/2020
Order Issued
Order Setting Videoconference Hearing entered. The Court schedules a hearing to be conducted as a Microsoft Teams Videoconference Hearing on Sept. 1, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. ew
Judicial Officer:
Casati, Michael A.
Noticed:
Hoeller, Mary Jane
Order Signed:
06/05/2020
09/01/2020
Hearing on Petition to Establish Guardianship
Session:
09/01/2020 10:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Casati, Michael A.
Comment:
345-MAC-permanent (by video, 30 minutes)
But this doesn't set the closing date of the property, correct? That's a whole 'nother opportunity for someone (e.g. LE) to intervene.

Last edited:
You mean like she had a tentative memorial made up ready to go with made up details and accidentally posted it? Perhaps, but still so strange.
No, I mean she made up the memorial to state what she believes is true...............just like a lot of other people on the internet that are posting theories of this case as fact. IMO

I used to work for Ancestry.com. This is a continued problem, as the majority of the database relies entirely on user-provided information, supplemented with census and other government records (prison, hospital, etc...). This person appears to have had a loved one murdered, and took it upon themselves to create entries for other murder victims upon their deaths without familial consent or verification. Not cool at all.

JMO
Yeah I can see how this is a problem. I’m just surprised they would link to something that’s really not any more credible than SM or Wikipedia, since it seems like Ancestry is more fact based.

Doesn't this mean the sale is final on Sep 1? Granting the guardianship doesn't close the sale? It just lets it go forward? So, LE has 3 months, if BM is their POI, to prevent BM from succeeding in this sale.
if the closing is June 6 he's going to sign the deed on that date on behalf of her and take the money from the sale unless there is a provision in the guardianship for this money to be held for a period of time which I sure hope so.
IMO

This looks so sketchy.

If you were buying or selling this house and had organized the financing within that time frame, wouldn't it be pretty easy to put some type of legal hold on the sale for even 90 days or whatever, since one of the owners was missing? I can't see a judge, or a mortgage company even, not being somewhat flexible and at the very least, understanding.

Am I overreacting or is like a huge huge red flag? And a motive? I find it stunning, but is it just me?

And ~800k.

MOO

Business and property transactions are complex. It's difficult to look at the big picture in this situation when we are thinking of the victim and don't recognize the circumstances 3rd parties may be dealing with.

For example, the purchase and sale offer and specific terms may expire where both seller and buyer would be released. If I'd been trying to sell a property for two years, I'd probably want to do everything I could to make the sale go through.
Another example, the good faith estimate between lender and buyer may also expire where the favorable interest rate may be lost. It's binding terms like this that cannot be easily extended. MOO

Last edited:
The contributing member bio states that two members of her family have been murdered, and she is dedicated to remembering murder victims. Perhaps, like many other people in user generated forums, she has jumped the gun this time. IMO
Hopefully it's not an unknown sick sk, who is bringing his "accounting" up to scratch before he gets caught finally. Seriously.

W T Ph!~

That's the craziest thing ever. How did that even happen? Ancestry is really rigid about using information about living persons, and if they have that on file (WHO filed it?) that means Suzanne's genealogical data is now public. The right to keep it private dies with the person, is the way I understand it.

Ancestry wants and specializes in death certificates as the source of this information.

Hoax? Who would do that?
If she's dead, the guardianship would be void?

I can't believe that a 2 x cancer survivor did not have POA. Did she revoke it? Seems to me that if SM didn't have POA in place, she had a reason. JMO
Seems like the bike would have been caught by the vegetation on the bank, which didn't look very steep at all!

I thought the same. To find SM's bike there just seems to cause many more questions than it answers. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
This is CRAZY! I was snooping on my Ancestry ... and found this when I was looking for SM’s mothers obituary. WTH! Has date of death May 7 and states she was cremated.

Her listing on findagrave.com is managed by a woman who manages tons of others too. It's entirely inaccurate, but I see it on there all the time when I'm doing ancestry searches.

I used to work for Ancestry.com. This is a continued problem, as the majority of the database relies entirely on user-provided information, supplemented with census and other government records (prison, hospital, etc...). This person appears to have had a loved one murdered, and took it upon themselves to create entries for other murder victims upon their deaths without familial consent or verification. Not cool at all.

JMO

Although the deceased date is May 7, when was it created? The real question would be, was it done before she was reported missing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
undefined.value