GUILTY IL - Actor Jussie Smollett allegedly attacked in hate crime, Jan 2019 #6 *GUILTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF14

Spaceship Headlight Pattern Expert
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Jussie Smollett's double jeopardy claim tossed out by judge

Smollett’s lawyer tried ‘double jeopardy’ clause, court throws it out.The judge said “new charges against him do not violate his right against double jeopardy, being charged twice for the same crime“.
“Cook County Judge James Linn explained that the only way double jeopardy would apply is if Smollett was legally punished for what had happened to him since he was charged in connection with the January 2019 incident.”
The article explains and rehashes the entire ‘incident’ and happenings with Smollett.

No time was given when Smollett might stand trial. Smollett is fighting “lawsuit filed by the city seeking more than $130,000 for overtime paid to officers who were involved in investigating his report” which Smollett made up. Smollett claims he is innocent.

Is he still working as an actor?

I don't think so. His "crowd" has decided to forget about him. The fact that his producer on "Empire" made it clear that Smollett was never coming back, ever, was pretty much an indication that his career is not going well. And then, there is that small issue, with Smollett as the keynote narrator for the Americana series "History of Lynching". For some reason, the "Americana" series "lost" that episode. :rolleyes:

I believe that parts of it are on YouTube.

wonder if their bank balance changed recently....

re: treated like criminals. Uuuhhhhmmm, participating in a hoax, defrauding the city of Chicago, uuhhm, sound like crimes, just sayin'.

JMHO YMMV LRR

"Smollett also opened up publicly for the first time about her brother Jussie Smollett, who is facing new criminal charges in connection with an alleged hate crime in January 2019. Jussie was initially accused of staging the crime. The initial case was dismissed, but a grand jury revived the case 11 months later, charging him for allegedly lying to police.

“It’s been painful,” she said of the traumatic ordeal, “one of the most painful things my family’s ever experienced—to love someone as much as we love my brother and to watch someone who you love that much go through something like this, that is so public, has been devastating. I was already in a very dark space for a number of reasons, and I’ve tried to not let it make me pessimistic. But everyone who knows me knows that I love my brother and I believe my brother.”

'You're Not Actually Anti-Racist': Jurnee Smollett Checks the Hypocrisy of Hollywood Liberalism

Kim Foxx continued to text Jussie Smollett's sister after he became a suspect, report finds | Daily Mail Online

In a news release on the conclusions from his investigation, Webb sharply criticized the handling of the Smollett case by Cook County State's Attorney Foxx and her assistant prosecutors. He said their handling was marked by disarray and misleading statements - but concluded that they did nothing criminal.

Monday's release does not show or attempt to explain how prosecutors came to reach the deal to drop the actor's first case. Foxx's team are said to have given 'significantly and meaningfully divergent explanations for how the resolution was reached'.

The special prosecutor also said Foxx's office 'seemingly...did not want to admit they had made such a major mistake of judgment' in her botched recusal from the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48