Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't the blue tarp have been positioned right next to the finding. They could have gingerly lifted the orange fabric onto the blue tarp (and the layer of dirt you see next to it) and moved the blue tarp over to the edge. I still think they are all looking at something "in" the hole they are photographing.
That’s a possibility. Putting it on the tarp and then moving the tarp would explain how the fabric retained its shape.
Something the photographer is taking pictures of has caught everyone’s attention.

The thing is that you have to ask yourself whether it would be treated as you see in the photos and videos if it was significant evidence. It is lying on the edge of a blue tarp partially in contact with the ground. If this orange fabric had enclosed or been in contact with the human remains it would be a very significant piece of evidence and would not be lying unattended like this so long after discovery. It would have been documented, marked as an exhibit, photographed and carefully preserved and most likely taken to the forensic lab for examination. Even more so if the material on the orange fabric truly is the body of a child. It just doesn't make sense for it to be not only haphazardly placed but also virtually completely ignored by the crowd of forensic and law enforcement individuals present. The great lawyer Louis Nizer often spoke of "the rule of appropriateness." He advised looking at how people behave and act to determine whether their actions match the facts in question. I can see nothing that suggests the orange fabric or debris on top of it represents a major discovery or important piece of evidence.
I totally agree with you. But that space blanket with whatever is on it looks to me like an artifact of the dig, whether or not it's been put there haphazardly.

Vigil planned for JJ and Tylee as memorials are set up in honor of the children | East Idaho News

The vigil will be held in the large field on the south side of Soda Tsunami at 3460 S. 25th East beginning at 8:30 p.m. Olsen say there will be prayers, a moment of silence and a musical performance of Sarah McLachlan’s “In the Arms of an Angel.”

“If it’s small, that’s great and it will be intimate. If it’s bigger, we’ll have the space for it,” Olsen says. “Anyone who is feeling the effects of this incredible loss is free to come and pay their respects.”

Olsen is asking those who attend to wear a mask and wear purple and blue to honor JJ and Tylee.

1 - it was a new search warrant. Received 4 days before they executed it.

2 - very possible IMP

3 - They were shocked

4 - the statement seems to suggest not. Still in denial.

5 - possible but I think unlikely. He seems to flip on a dime after she got pregnant.

6 - possible but not most likely IMO

7 - possible. But again unlikely. Spends her time praying and singing hymns. I can't see many associating with her as a child murderer in a womens prison.

8 - tricked possible. But more likely

9 - yes. My guess hands down.

10 - possible but has been seen supporting MBP at hearings so unlikely to flip.

11 - yes very likely. We now know that there were multiple bonfires that the neighbours saw.

12 - possible but I don't know if they knew. If MG didn't. Then who would?

Moo
My husband works with one of the neighbors. He says the neighbor is torn up about the events and wished they said something sooner. They had witnessed the bonfires and smelled something awful.

My husbands work has been shaken pretty hard, as have our household. We have a son who reminds us so much of JJ, maybe that’s part of what drew me to the case. I’ve shed so many tears over Tylee and JJ and I know no amount of words or prayers will be enough.

Snipped by me.

It doesn't look to me like it's unattended. It's on the tarp where they've been doing something with dirt and buckets, and there are two or three people at the corner of the tarp, plus what looks like an evidence desk a few feet away.

There's a bucket right beside it. It looks to me like they might have been in the process of removing dirt from inside the object to carry over to the sifter on the other side of the hole.

We also don't know how long it was there. It might be waiting for a photographer, a specialized examination, a larger evidence bag.

That said, I doubt very much that there are actual remains in it, whatever it is. It looks more like the people at the hole have just located remains, and everyone has turned to look, in a sort of moment of silence.
Am not sure how to phrase this question
Snipped by me.

It doesn't look to me like it's unattended. It's on the tarp where they've been doing something with dirt and buckets, and there are two or three people at the corner of the tarp, plus what looks like an evidence desk a few feet away.

There's a bucket right beside it. It looks to me like they might have been in the process of removing dirt from inside the object to carry over to the sifter on the other side of the hole.

We also don't know how long it was there. It might be waiting for a photographer, a specialized examination, a larger evidence bag.

That said, I doubt very much that there are actual remains in it, whatever it is. It looks more like the people at the hole have just located remains, and everyone has turned to look, in a sort of moment of silence.
Hope I'm not offending anyone by this question, but when a search for a buried body takes place, how do they make sure to take care that the remains are not disturbed by randomly digging, if in fact that does happen?

I’m wondering if the time delay from when the search warrant was issued to the time they executed the search was partially to wait for KW and LW to get there. I think LE knew what they would find and notified KW of the search warrant. I don’t think KW and LW have been in Rexburg this whole time. I may have missed a post where it mentions them coming back to stay a while.

I'm beginning to think that the storage building visits were tracked and it was found that they were repeatedly going to the Daybell residence with items from storage. I also wonder if the fires mentioned by the neighbor that were in the late fall were also used to burn the belongings of the kids. Perhaps the orange garment is full of burned personal items and perhaps there are also personal items in the various locations along with the remains???? I don't know....jmo

Speaking of the storage unit.... why in heavens name were those certain personal items retained.. I can not come up with any reason at all...

I think Chad had to have been there. There were adult children living in the house. I can't imagine that Alex could have been burying or partially burning bodies while they were living there.
Alex could have though, when Chad and kids were out of town for Tammy's funeral.
Nobody at the house, nobody to see him digging. JMO

He asked why the autopsy (Tammy) was taking so long...

Adam Herbets
@AdamHerbets

·
26m

I asked the same question. The response was: “They’re being very thorough.”

Jumping off your post. Back in March, I posted that Joseph Scott Morgan was being interviewed on “True Crime Live” and was asked about Tammy Daybell’s autopsy/toxicology and agreed it could take up to a year for the results due to embalming and the amount of time she was buried before exhumation. For those who don’t know, Morgan served as the Senior Investigator for the Fulton County Medical Examiner's Office in Atlanta for fourteen years, appears on CNN and HLN as a forensics expert, and authored the book, “Blood Beneath My Feet: The Journey of a Southern Death Investigator”, among other things.

Speaking of the storage unit.... why in heavens name were those certain personal items retained.. I can not come up with any reason at all...
Good question, don’t know...but they abandoned the stuff when they high tailed it out of there to Hawaii. The stuff in there almost looked new to me.

Any recent (within the past 2-3 days) interviews with JR (the friend or former?friend of CD) that can be shared here? I'm trying to keep my "eyes open" :)

Nate last told us to "stay tuned" for his interview with her. Something tells me her interview IS pointless...she was probably into her spiritual mumbo jumbo...and just doesn't fit anymore. My guess is that she is bummed out that she lost out on that interview time with Nate.
(edited..because I feel her interview may be pointless now)

Last edited:
[gruesome]

Here's another element that doesn't make sense to me about the idea of burning the bodies...

These events took place mere months after another highly-publicized murder in northern Utah -- that of college student Mackenzie Lueck in SLC. Her murderer tried to burn her body in a fire pit in his backyard and then disposed of the remains in Logan Canyon (which is fairly close to the Idaho border). Neighbors recalled the fires he had in his yard, and the arrest was made at the end of June. (LINK)

CD & LV had to have heard about this case -- it was all over the news around here. So why utilize such a similar method of disposal that obviously did NOT work out for Lueck's killer?

Alex could have though, when Chad and kids were out of town for Tammy's funeral.
Nobody at the house, nobody to see him digging. JMO
And then he had the big bonfires? Even after he was dead (several bonfires were in the spring). Give me a break.

Well, all I can really say is I pray it was painless, and that neither saw it coming. This bothers me so much, but that’s just part of being a decent human being.
Also, should all the deaths lead to them, would that make them serial killers? Even though, it’d encompass 3 of them? Reminds me a little of the Rhoden family (allegedly) murdered by the Wagner family in Pike County, Ohio.
JMO

[gruesome]

Here's another element that doesn't make sense to me about the idea of burning the bodies...

These events took place mere months after another highly-publicized murder in northern Utah -- that of college student Mackenzie Lueck in SLC. Her murderer tried to burn her body in a fire pit in his backyard and then disposed of the remains in Logan Canyon (which is fairly close to the Idaho border). Neighbors recalled the fires he had in his yard, and the arrest was made at the end of June. (LINK)

CD & LV had to have heard about this case -- it was all over the news around here. So why utilize such a similar method of disposal that obviously did NOT work out for Lueck's killer?
I don't know why or what, but neighbors are reporting bonfires. I can't get into someone's mind.

Nate last told us to "stay tuned" for his interview with her. Something tells me her interview is not pointless...she was probably into her spiritual mumbo jumbo...and just doesn't fit anymore. My guess is that she is bummed out that she lost out on that interview time with Nate.
JR certainly isn't a very good psychic. She was claiming both children were alive and in a house with a lot of light. There is not a lot of light in a backyard grave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean