Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is interested, if you click on the username of any member, you have the option to "ignore" them. If you click that, you will no longer see their posts going forward, and thus, perhaps some members may find it a little less frustrating to read the posts. Its not an ideal solution, but... it sure works well at times such as this. TedTink, this was a reply to your post, but was in no way directed at you.

Agreed. My ignore list is pretty long

Pfff finaly a serious message to consider....thanks!

They found a hair in the rape victims bed that belonged to CB...don't ask me how they put one and one together after aaaaalllll this years. I think the video made them look deeper into the case. The apartment IMO is just bad wording and they actually mean a different place (maybe one of the older places he lived in, btw at the time Maddy went missing he was living in his van and already left the house he rented before)
police wanting to know where he lived is interesting. do they need to match an image with a house the suspect lived in?

if there is any kind of photographic evidence, it cannot be in the suspect's known home on 3-4 may 2007, as he was living in his van. police know what that van looks like, as they have it.
it cannot be in either of his cars - as they have both of these too.

so if he did abduct MBM, where did he take her on 3 may? and where was any photography/ filming done? either he found a new home on 3rd may, or a third party's home is involved. or an empty home? abandoned home? hotel?

CB raped the 72 year old American but didn’t kill her. I think he probably also raped the Irish young woman as well. He didn’t kill her either.

German police think he killed MM. Why didn’t he kill the women he raped? Adult women are much for credible than children at positively identifying a suspect.

"Advancement" for want of a better word?
It is also possible due to injuries? Ie he did not intend. The act of killing itself was not the goal but the probable outcome of the actions :(
Sickening to think.

I thought the Interpol DNA database was established in 2002 - but like you say perhaps the hair didn't yield useful DNA- I would have thought that a violent, video'd rape would have been cause to access the database though if there was DNA?

I think I'm labouring this point to much now haha

Yes...in fear of labouring my own point too;) but- no police knew the video existed when the rape was being investigated in 2005 and Bruckner wore a mask, the police therefore could only go off a limited number of clues told to them by a victim who didn't see much. He had no record of violent assault in those days so they didn't have much to go on.

Not "just" but IMO it is hard to admit that was not much of it there.

DNA matters, I agree.

But "No police knew the details of the rape until 2017"? And the victim's complaint and report?
IMO PJ should have been much more expeditious, more proactive in all those cases. Even with the few pieces they had on those dates.

Rape records...look and learn from the others but I'm more focusing on Police response and atitude regarding a specific reality - Algarve.

Bruckner was masked when he attacked the 72 year old, she couldn't see much which is why the full details were only known in 2017 when someone saw the video. We don't know how pro-active they were.... or not so I think it's unfair to just presume they messed it up.

If the German police wished to tell us they had video or photographic evidence, they'd wouldn't need to wrap the information up in a riddle. It'd be a simple straightforward statement and then the news would break all over Europe within minutes of being announced.

"It's possible our suspect may have filmed something in connection to MM but we don't have evidence that he did."

I guarantee you he didn't say that sentence with a wink and a nod to the websleuths. No special emphasis on the word 'he' to imply someone else could've filmed it. No did-he-didn't-he poker face. No tapping his nose when he said "we don't".

They're saying in pretty black and white terms: Yes, he could've made a video. No, we don't have one.

Without stating the obvious, not a shred of dna was found in the McCann apartment.
So nothing to link anyone to going in.
Also we’re the doors and windows moved by the McCanns as soon as they realised she was missing? Absolutely no criticism of them for that, but it must have hindered the investigation ??

I think MM was stolen to order. I don’t believe that CB was only looking to satisfy his sick fantasies. If that were the case, he could have preyed on a poor Portuguese child without the risk of international police and media attention. I think he was trying to cash in on his depravity. One report says that after MM’s abduction, CB went back to Germany and opened a corner shop and moved into an attached apartment. How did he get money to do that?

If the German police wished to tell us they had video or photographic evidence, they'd wouldn't need to wrap the information up in a riddle. It'd be a simple straightforward statement and then the news would break all over Europe within minutes of being announced.

"It's possible our suspect may have filmed something in connection to MM but we don't have evidence that he did."

I guarantee you he didn't say that sentence with a wink and a nod to the websleuths. No special emphasis on the word 'he' to imply someone else could've filmed it. No did-he-didn't-he poker face. No tapping his nose when he said "we don't".

They're saying in pretty black and white terms: Yes, he could've made a video. No, we don't have one.

So just WHAT do they actually have on him?

The Spanish private detective searched a few properties - abandoned and otherwise. I take it all past enquiries will be part of this investigation.

I think MM was stolen to order. I don’t believe that CB was only looking to satisfy his sick fantasies. If that were the case, he could have preyed on a poor Portuguese child without the risk of international police and media attention. I think he was trying to cash in on his depravity. One report says that after MM’s abduction, CB went back to Germany and opened a corner shop and moved into an attached apartment. How did he get money to do that?

In that case, wouldn’t the German authorities be going through his finances with a fine tooth comb? How and when did he buy the shop? How did he pay?

The longer we go without any further official updates the more this sleuthing becomes throwing every possibility at a theory... but...

There is the chance MM was “ordered” :( but then became to hot to handle. The news at the time in and around portugal (I believe) was quite slow paced until the McCanns involved the British media.

police wanting to know where he lived is interesting. do they need to match an image with a house the suspect lived in?

if there is any kind of photographic evidence, it cannot be in the suspect's known home on 3-4 may 2007, as he was living in his van. police know what that van looks like, as they have it.
it cannot be in either of his cars - as they have both of these too.

so if he did abduct MBM, where did he take her on 3 may? and where was any photography/ filming done? either he found a new home on 3rd may, or a third party's home is involved. or an empty home? abandoned home? hotel?

Jumping off the quoted post, I wondered, did Portugal have traffic cams at the time when MM went missing? Could they have his vehicle on a traffic cam from around the time of the abduction? I wonder too, were local businesses ever asked for security footage? Could they have seen him / his vehicle in footage maybe? That might be one thing they have. I agree though, wherever he went, it wasn't home, because they already know he was living in his van. So maybe he went to an associate's location?

Maybe he didn’t know that MM was British? I would assume that whoever took MM from the apartment probably knew she wasn’t Portuguese and a tourist..

Maddie suspect could have taken missing girl three years earlier, family say

Just off topic, I’m amazed that trackers are now not fitting as standard on all new cars?
Apart from it making it easier to identify stolen vehicles, it would also prove the movements of it.

International attention and "fame" often adds to the excitement for some individuals. Part of the thrill. I got away with the ultimate. I'm untouchable.

Maybe he didn’t know that MM was British? I would assume that whoever took MM from the apartment probably knew she wasn’t Portuguese and a tourist..
Yes, it was clear she was a tourist and not Portuguese. It was a much greater risk to take because CB had been operating criminally quite well in PdL before this with little interference from the police. He was burglarizing and raping at will. By preying on a European child tourist, he had to know that his gig would be up in the Algarve at least for several years. So, something had to be worth it to him. And I think it was money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin