Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian Brueckner was identified as prime suspect in Madeleine McCann case after Met's sophisticated call log placed him near Praia da Luz resort

Source: Christian Brueckner identified as suspect in McCann case after Met's call log breakthrough | Daily Mail Online

Well. Only Portuguese judicial authorities may claim personal data from Mobile operators and they need a court warrant according to Portuguese law and European Directive.

So, this sophisticated call log from PDL is PJ's merit and not Met's.

I don't think there is any secret info here. He has come out very clearly now and said this is all speculation and there is nothing to prove she is dead.
'
''Mr Wolters told the Mirror there is no forensic evidence to show Maddie is dead.

And despite previously saying he believes suspect Christian B killed her quickly, he said: “It was only personal opinion and speculation.
n his latest comments on the investigation, Mr Wolters conceded there is "a little bit of hope" that she is still alive.

He told the newspaper: “Because there is no forensic evidence there may be a little bit of hope.
“We don’t want to kill the hope and because there is no forensic evidence it may be possible.”'

This fits with Bruckner never being charged in 7 years, not a viable suspect.
It comes down to: they have some evidence that Maddie is dead but don't have enough for a trial.
German prosecutors 'have some evidence' Madeleine McCann is dead | Metro News
Some hope Madeleine McCann is still alive says detective who assumed she was dead | Metro News

They are treating it as a murder investigation in order to dig further:
Mr Wolters added that in Germany it was ‘more normal’ to have a murder investigation in similar cases.
Some hope Madeleine McCann is still alive says detective who assumed she was dead | Metro News

Hopefully, MB will be charged in the future (hopefully!)

Just wondering...is the Daily Mirror a serious paper? Why would a German Prosecuter entrust all of this information "exclusively" to this paper? In the Netherlands we have a saying "Where smoke is, there is fire", but I'm not yet prepared to believe everything they write. Madeleine McCann could be alive admits German prosecutor who said she was dead

he hasn't. They have got their info from the German press.

EDIT - no, that's wrong. It is the Mirror speaking to him but they have photos of the interview, so I doubt they are embellishing anything.

Last edited:
It comes down to: they have some evidence that Maddie is dead but don't have enough for a trial.
German prosecutors 'have some evidence' Madeleine McCann is dead | Metro News

They are treating it as a murder investigation in order to dig further:
Mr Wolters added that in Germany it was ‘more normal’ to have a murder investigation in similar cases.

Hopefully, MB will be charged in the future (hopefully!)

they have to charge him before a trial and question him before a judge at a 'pre-trial' phase....that's before it gets to a trial. They don't even have enough to do that.
I suspect we will hear some kind of official statement that says the German investigation is no longer a 'murder' investigation in the next few days.

From a german source, translated.

"The public prosecutor's office in Braunschweig and the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) continue to pursue new traces in the "Maddie" missing person case . However, there is still no decisive evidence against the main suspect, a 43-year-old man who was last registered in the Braunschweig region. "It is not enough for an arrest warrant or an indictment," said Hans Christian Wolters from the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office on Friday.''

So what we have in reality, is the media digging up every bit of info about a man that hasn't been arrested on suspicion of anything. He cannot even be arrested and questioned on what they have.

"Maddie": Hinweise reichen noch nicht für Anklage

Thanks....The German press states things a little different, more diplomatic, carefully choosing words, more rational and far less sensational bla, bla. IMO My German is very well, so I decided to go with them. How the English tabloids "translate" is really "zum kotzen".

Last edited:
From a german source, translated.

"The public prosecutor's office in Braunschweig and the Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA) continue to pursue new traces in the "Maddie" missing person case . However, there is still no decisive evidence against the main suspect, a 43-year-old man who was last registered in the Braunschweig region. "It is not enough for an arrest warrant or an indictment," said Hans Christian Wolters from the Braunschweig public prosecutor's office on Friday.''

So what we have in reality, is the media digging up every bit of info about a man that hasn't been arrested on suspicion of anything. He cannot even be arrested and questioned on what they have.

"Maddie": Hinweise reichen noch nicht für Anklage

Well, but that was clear from the beginning that they don't have enough evidence to bring this to trial. That's why they went on the TV program "Aktenzeichen XY" and asked the public for information. Doing this on "Aktenzeichen XY" though means that they have at least some evidence, probably some pretty strong evidence and need more witnesses to come forward. Like when they asked people who where there on vacation at the time as well to look at their photos or share them so that police can look at them to see what is in them. Cars, people, etc. The question about the phone numbers. Showing the pictures of CB's house. If they had enough evidence to charge him, they wouldn't have been on "Aktenzeichen XY", they would have just charged him. So them saying they don't have enough to charge him is no surprise at all, it's been like this from the beginning.

he hasn't. They have got their info from the German press.

EDIT - no, that's wrong. It is the Mirror speaking to him but they have photos of the interview, so I doubt they are embellishing anything.

Aha, I see what you mean, but somehow "the sound" of it is quite different...lost in translation?

Well, but that was clear from the beginning that they don't have enough evidence to bring this to trial. That's why they went on the TV program "Aktenzeichen XY" and asked the public for information. Doing this on "Aktenzeichen XY" though means that they have at least some evidence, probably some pretty strong evidence and need more witnesses to come forward. Like when they asked people who where there on vacation at the time as well to look at their photos or share them so that police can look at them to see what is in them. Cars, people, etc. The question about the phone numbers. Showing the pictures of CB's house. If they had enough evidence to charge him, they wouldn't have been on "Aktenzeichen XY", they would have just charged him. So them saying they don't have enough to charge him is no surprise at all, it's been like this from the beginning.

I agree with you. There must be some believe he did this. The main purpose of their actions is to somehow "round things up", with additional evidence from the public.

Thanks....The German press states things a little different, more diplomatic, carefully choosing words, more rational and far less sensational bla, bla. IMO My German is very well, so I decided to go with them. How the English tabloids "translate" is really "zum kotzen".

Good to know!

I agree with you. There must be some believe he did this. The main purpose of their actions is to somehow "round things up", with additional evidence from the public.

Yes, they are simply looking for tips from the public, but only because they know something, they have a reason why he became a suspect. And they got tons of tips, I forgot how many, and then they have to look into all of them, investigate all of them (even if it's just some psychic claiming something, they still have to look into it), that takes time, probably a lot of time. So we won't hear for a while if they found enough to charge him or not. And that they have to give all those interviews and have to say SOMETHING is simply because this blew up in the media.

They have nothing

The PJ already had some evidence of death

This added nothing

They had weak evidence. Dogs scented cadaver odor but no corpse ever found.

Remember Eddie later scented cadaver odor in a British college that was carefully dig just to find a few animal bones. Investigation cost upwards of £20m...

I think that because CB had bragged and intimated to others regarding his involvement the German LE decided to throw out the net to see if he had blabbed to anyone else regarding MM - They May have thought if CB had made enemies Over the years & others that knew stuff or may have had old scores to settle with him might have come forward. Sadly I don’t think this is the case yet.

Yes, they are simply looking for tips from the public, but only because they know something, they have a reason why he became a suspect. And they got tons of tips, I forgot how many, and then they have to look into all of them, investigate all of them (even if it's just some psychic claiming something, they still have to look into it), that takes time, probably a lot of time. So we won't hear for a while if they found enough to charge him or not. And that they have to give all those interviews and have to say SOMETHING is simply because this blew up in the media.

They wanted it to blow up in the media IMO. It's a desperate attempt to get anything solid on CB as all the have is - he lived there, he is a rapist, a friend said he confessed ( which could be a fantasy).
None of this is strong enough to charge him as it would all be challenged quite easily.

They had weak evidence. Dogs scented cadaver odor but no corpse ever found.

Remember Eddie later scented cadaver odor in a British college that was carefully dig just to find a few animal bones. Investigation cost upwards of £20m...

I'm sorry, but who is Eddie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member