Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the Chaffee County Bulletin Board facebook group. I don't see one single mention of Suzanne. No missing flyer, no "pray for her" posts, not a single mention (unless there are posts not viewable by me without a facebook account but I think this is unlikely).

Chaffee County bulletin board

Also:
Yes I said that too...it could have been dumped there so it would be farther away from search area. Plenty of time to drive there and back Friday or Saturday in the dark of night.

Re bolded -- while we don't know (do we?) precisely where on the Ninnescah River that body was found, if we take Wichita as a starting point, Maysville to Wichita driving is well over 500 miles/9 hours of driving*. Each way. Even if the body was an hour west up the Ninnescah, cutting off an hour each way, you're still talking about more than 15 hours (plus gas/potty breaks etc) of driving.

* source Google maps directions

While I'm sure LE in KS is aware of and watching for bodies that might be people missing out of CO, this just seems so unlikely to me to be her. If it happens to be her we will certainly eventually know, but it's sadly probably someone else. IMO MOO

Speculation: LE may have uncovered information that BM lied; lied about when he saw Suzanne for the last time, lied about their communication, lied about his location at a given time. Perhaps something like that.
My tablets are connected to my phone. If anything was deleted on my phone, pre-warrant, all anyone would have to do is check those tablets and walah all would be exposed. Just a thought. moo

Yes, I know. I was speaking of how, in general, bones can rule in or out certain people. If the bones are 5'4" then 1) it's likely a female even if the pelvis is unavailable and 2) it could be Suzanne.

In Suzanne's case, if bones were intact at all, and pelvis was available, as she had two children, the sex should be easy to determine. And age. But if they say that they can't determine sex, then they probably don't have a pelvis - so they will need to extrapolate the height, roughly.

It will probably be a number, for height, +/- 2". So if it comes back as 5'2", it could still be Suzanne - or it could be someone shorter.

If the body was in the gun box the whole time, all the bones should be there, though. Maybe they just need someone in forensics to look at it, so hopefully they'll be able to identify this poor person.

Yes, just an example. No one can know immediately the exact height of the person, if the skeleton is disarticulated. However, there are known ratios between say, a long leg bone, and height. That would be known really quickly. The estimate of Suzanne's height in NAMUS (but nowhere on her missing posters) is 5'4".

Typically, that same leg bone will help, along with other clues in the bones, determine sex (pelvis and skull are commonly used). Age is usually derived from teeth, bone maturity and bones that have tree-ring type growth that can be measured. X-ray of wrist bones is a preferred method for getting a close estimate for kids. But different forensic units have different tech available.

They may be able to extract DNA, too, depending on state of the bones and decomp. A hair follicle would work.
It’s all so fascinating what they can do now. I love learning more about forensics from you & others on here. Thx!

Yes, I know. I was speaking of how, in general, bones can rule in or out certain people. If the bones are 5'4" then 1) it's likely a female even if the pelvis is unavailable and 2) it could be Suzanne.

In Suzanne's case, if bones were intact at all, and pelvis was available, as she had two children, the sex should be easy to determine. And age. But if they say that they can't determine sex, then they probably don't have a pelvis - so they will need to extrapolate the height, roughly.

It will probably be a number, for height, +/- 2". So if it comes back as 5'2", it could still be Suzanne - or it could be someone shorter.

If the body was in the gun box the whole time, all the bones should be there, though. Maybe they just need someone in forensics to look at it, so hopefully they'll be able to identify this poor person.

I haven't really paid close attention, but I thought that the sheriff just meant he had not tried to determine what the sex was. I was guessing those that are interested were waiting on a release from the ME. IMO

I know it’s late but here’s another article saying BM was there laying dirt at the property. Night fellow night owls!

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

Quote in article:
”Barry Morphew, 52, had worked at the Salida property laying dirt on the riverfront land, around 12 miles from the couple's home, before his wife's mysterious disappearance almost two weeks ago, the property owner told CBS4.”
I didn't listen this time. I just watched.
Watch his eyes.

I know it’s late but here’s another article saying BM was there laying dirt at the property. Night fellow night owls!

Suzanne Morphew's husband was paid to lay dirt at the building site Colorado cops are searching | Daily Mail Online

Quote in article:
”Barry Morphew, 52, had worked at the Salida property laying dirt on the riverfront land, around 12 miles from the couple's home, before his wife's mysterious disappearance almost two weeks ago, the property owner told CBS4.”
BBM

So LE figures it is possible that Suzanne could have been missing for two weeks before Mothers Day. Wow, I didn't know that.

BM staged the scene because the daughters were coming home on Mothers Day and they would find out at last? No one knew for two weeks that she was missing?

Last edited:
He was? When? I’ve seen nothing in an approved source saying anything other than that the property owner met him three weeks before Suzanne disappeared. What is your source for saying he was there? At any time ever.

“Investigators dug beneath a concrete slab. The property owner told CBS4’s Rick Sallinger Suzanne’s husband, Barry, laid the dirt at the riverfront property.“
Search For Suzanne Morphew In Salida Concludes With No New Clues – CBS Denver

BBM

Yes, that is the original source. Rick Salinger is a very fine reporter, but I'm still having a hard time swallowing it, myself. It kind of hits me like a really spicy pepperoni pizza. JMO

You’re having a hard time swallowing the idea that BM actually was there on the property that LE searched extensively? Why? He was hired to work there. Why would you think he wasn’t or that no one saw him working there?

BBM

So LE figures it is possible that Suzanne could have been missing for two weeks before Mothers Day. Wow, I didn't know that.

BM staged the scene because the daughters were coming home on Mothers Day and they would find out at last? No one knew for two weeks that she was missing?

She had a social group, had her church on Sundays, daughters, and friends in Indiana. I think she would be making calls, not just texting.

She had a social group, had her church on Sundays, daughters, and friends in Indiana. I think she would be making calls, not just texting.
True, but LE was digging the area where BM laid the dirt two weeks before Mothers Day. They must have interviewed her inner circle at least, to confirm SM was out of contact, prior to digging someone's property. :confused:

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed as not an approved source>

I think it's undisputed that contractors were working at the build site on Sunday but there's no evidence that BM was working there on Sunday, May 10.

The property owner reported BM laid dirt weeks earlier, and there are also reports that the contractor scheduled to work on Sunday drives a truck similar to BM's truck.

According to BM, he was setting up his own job in Denver on Sunday and didn't return home until around 9 pm (per the Youtuber video).

(Also alleged BM later stayed with the same contractor when his residence was under the custody of the County Sheriff).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member