Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some early reporting on the no fly zone.

https://twitter.com/ericgrossarth/status/1270772228099944448?s=19

The @FAA just issued a no fly zone over and around the home of #ChadDaybell as they continue into day two of the search. https://t.co/kthS2li6vE

yeah its where i got the photo from when the website failed to bring anything up but its the second day

if we can find anything about day 1 it would be awesome!

good luck and good night !

@vislaw will be good to see that grid when i get up

400 feet is the maximum altitude drones are allowed to operate in the U.S. Above that is controlled airspace. Thus, all drone operation MUST be at 400 feet AGL or below.

thought so just wasn't 100% sure

Alright, let's discuss the forensic work done at the scene and, specifically, the images of what appear to be human remains. Out of respect for members and for convenience, I have uploaded images with annotations on our server. WARNING: don't click the link if you find the topic unsettling. The images are not terribly graphic, but I do know some people are particularly sensitive. Here's the link. PASSWORD IS: visual
Vislaw - YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!
I knew I saw that orange tarp item as an exact missing puzzle piece from the hole in the ground!!!! You not only proved my theory - you knocked it out of the park. Thank you so very much for adding your sage wisdom and expertise to help us understand with real knowledge how they were dissecting the crime scene. (where have you been all my WS cases?)

As Onsdag stated....

"That appears to be aimed at shutting down drones, not helicopters. It identifies the no fly zone being from ground level to 400' above ground. Helicopters typically operate at higher flight levels. Two, it specifies that any "unmanned" aircraft (i.e. drones) found in violation of the restricted fly zone are subject to damage, destruction, or seizure. MOO."

Vislaw - YOU ARE THE BOMB!!!
I knew I saw that orange tarp item as an exact missing puzzle piece from the hole in the ground!!!! You not only proved my theory - you knocked it out of the park. Thank you so very much for adding your sage wisdom and expertise to help us understand with real knowledge how they were dissecting the crime scene. (where have you been all my WS cases?)
You made my whole day. With Covid-19 shutting down courts and clients it is nice to have something to work on in the interim. I love this stuff and am very grateful that I am able to work in this field.

Yep. This is what tracks for me. Thank you for posting this. It sounds like you know what you're talking about.

I wonder who she'll become when Chad puts all or most of this on her in court?
Thank you for your kind words. I don’t think she will be happy in court. If she hasn’t “split” from Chad by then, she will. “Splitting” is a simple term describe how BPD affected people will idealize someone before devaluing them. Lori clearly did this with Charles and at least idealized Chad. What wanna be doofus who fancies himself as an influential writer and spiritual guru wouldn’t appreciate that?

In jail, I suspect Lori is trying her best to garner support while shunning those she can’t move into her camp. The jail personnel need to be very cautious around her.

I know I'm late to the BYU-I admissions debate, and I also realize that it doesn't really even matter, but. It made me think that the differences in interpretation of rules regarding age might be completely moot if we consider that, IMO, TR never actually made it to 17.

Unrelated to that thought, I would think that if ON did not fall apart from grief when told that her children's bodies were discovered, if she is not begging to be allowed to get out to mourn either at their funerals or somehow privately, well...then I don't know what kind of defense there is for her.

Yes, today I'll plan to do a photogrammetric projection with a measurement grid that everyone can use to make their own measurements.

That's awesome. I'm estimating the orange object to be 3-3.5' square (taking into consideration the folds and wrinkles in the middle). I want to see how close my unscientific measurements are. Jmo

from what i remember from the day it was a helicopter or one of them was a helicopter, can someone else confirm it was the helicopter from the local news who took the photo? the drone won't fly over with an FAA ban in place the software you control it with won't go past a certain imaginary line so not sure if that was in place at the time or not but the FAA flight ban was posted on twitter it was a box around chad's house and property

Unscrupulous users can defeat DJI’s geofencing. I have a couple Inspires and been flying drones since 2013. Excellent tool for many things. Even semi-retired I’ll do some flying jobs here and there.

@vislaw Was there any meta data on the images you have? Wondering if those might be screen grabs from the UAV video. As I’m sure you know the vid quality is extremely good and screen grabs pretty much eliminated the need for photos in the last few years for my use.

Very quickly by dental records. Because ID came so fast in this case, I absolutely believe that's how it was done here.
I know that. But it wouldn’t be done by a family member. OP speculated family members were in Rexburg before the bodies were found so they could identify remains.

As Onsdag stated....

"That appears to be aimed at shutting down drones, not helicopters. It identifies the no fly zone being from ground level to 400' above ground. Helicopters typically operate at higher flight levels. Two, it specifies that any "unmanned" aircraft (i.e. drones) found in violation of the restricted fly zone are subject to damage, destruction, or seizure. MOO."

i figured as much with the low height and the description, what i wasn't sure about was if because of it was on the flight app was if they issue different ones for say helicopter/planes and drones

because you know helicopters can flght much higher and planes even more so thousands of feet up

Has anyone else wondered how the families, who live states away, were able to "confirm" the remains found on June 9 were those of JJ and Tylee--unless they were already in Rexburg June 9?

This one has tugged at me for a few days. In my search for some answers, I engaged in a full-on search of this case stumbled upon something. And of course spent the rest of the day researching and speculating.

A little background: JJ's grandparent's (Woodcocks) petitioned the court for guardianship/conservatorship of JJ on January 29, 2020. I will refer to this case as the GC case. On the day Lori was arrested, January 30, the court granted temporary custody (Note: To either the state of Idaho or to the Woodcocks; I presume to the Woodcocks). On February 5, an attorney ad litem was appointed to represent JJ in the case.

Court records for this show the following activity:
  • June 4 - Motion filed (court notes verbatim: Motion to Dismiss RE: Petition for Appointment of Guardians and Conservators)
  • June 5 - Notice of Remote Hearing
  • June 5 - Notice of Remote Hearing
  • June 5 - Status conference was held June 5, the Woodcocks were present
And as we know, the warrant to search Chad's property was issued on June 5.

This lead me to wonder who would have filed motion to dismiss the case? Why was the motion to dismiss the case filed a day before the warrant was signed? And whether or not it is just a coincidence that the status conference in this case occurred the same day the search warrant was filed?

SPECULATION: I can't help but wonder if LE had some pretty substantial
proof that the children were deceased and buried on CD's property--perhaps a sworn-statement or an admission from someone who either participated in the demise of or witnessed the deceased bodies and/or participated in concealing them.

If so, perhaps it was either legally necessary or was deemed appropriate given the nature of this case, to notify JJ's attorney and legal guardians.

If so, this could explain why the motion to dismiss the case was filed before the warrant was signed and why there was a status conference on June 5.

If so, is it possible that on or about June 5th, the Woodcocks received notification that there is newly discovered evidence strong enough for a warrant to be issued for a search of CD's property and that they should get to Rexburg as soon as possible?

This could also explain why LE waited a few days to execute the search warrant--to allow time for the family to travel to Rexburg. Otherwise, they would have been states away watching the search unfold live on t.v. and social media.

It seems that a family member must have been in Rexburg to identify the remains the evening of June 9 otherwise how could they "confirm" they were of Tylee and JJ on June 10--before an autopsy was performed.

Or is this mystery of mine, as simple as--the family was already in Rexburg or they flew to Rexburg June 9? And if so, we are back to--by whom and why was the motion to dismiss filed and/or was it just a coincidence that a status conference in he GC case was held on the same day the search warrant was signed?
Does this make sense or have I walked myself into a corner on this one? I'd like to think I have come full circle on this one but must remain humble and inquisitive --which is why I am putting this out here.

My apologies for the loooooooong post but I don't know anyone more informed and invested in this case as my fellow-websleuthers.

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Again, most of this post is PURE SPECULATION! >MOO/JMO<
I'm not sure if this helps or not

Nate Eaton - Reporter
10 June at 04:07 ·
Thank you to everyone who is sending tips, links and kind words. We have some information we have chosen not to report just yet. Many people close to the case have not been informed of new developments and investigators are working to meet with them. I apologize for being vague but promise EastIdahoNews.com will give you the very latest ASAP.

June 10th
Kay Woodcock, the grandmother of Joshua “JJ” Vallow, confirmed to EastIdahoNews.com that authorities have told her one set of the remains belongs to JJ. However, authorities have not released a positive identification to the public.
Chad Daybell appears in court, prosecutor confirms remains found in yard are children | East Idaho News

June 11th -
IDAHO FALLS — Joshua “JJ” Vallow’s grandparents arrived in eastern Idaho Wednesday and visited Chad Daybell’s home – the place where their grandson’s remains were found this week.
Vigil planned for JJ and Tylee as memorials are set up in honor of the children | East Idaho News

I also saw a report saying Kay and Larry were flying to Idaho but I can't find it now. Probably would have been on the 10th?

Based on LV, AC, MBP, etc patterns of behavior and many of the court documents from their divorces/custody/tax cases I strongly believe that Cox's family is highly dysfunctional JMO MOO

The bigger problem is that none of the family appreciates the fact that they could be dysfunctional. And need help. And those that married into the family, soon realized there were unresolved issues. And divorced. Or died trying to leave. When you look around at people, this mess can open your eyes to toxic relationships at home, school, work, or any other place where you have established ties. Church or volunteer groups, as well.
I bet mental health or rather, lack of good mental health, is the catalyst of so many problems today. This case could help foster improvement in mental health care, if someone would help push it long. Nutrition and exercise are critical. We all know that. Apparently, mental health is the third component for a fulfilling life.
Idaho may be very progressive in its handling of crime by adopting a no insanity defense in their criminal code. It will keep predators like LVD and CD from walking the streets again. And give others thinking of heinous crime, concern that they cannot fall back on insanity as a defense.
I commend them as they pursue justice for these children.

Personality disorders are different from mental illnesses – they are unhealthy deviant behavior patterns that are caused by many different factors, including genetics, family upbringing, traumatic experiences etc.

Here is a quote from Cambridge website definition of difference: “Personality disorders are described in the International Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders (ICD-10) as ‘deeply ingrained and enduring behaviour patterns, manifesting themselves as inflexible responses to a broad range of personal and social situations’; they represent ‘either extreme or significant deviations from the way the average individual in a given culture perceives, thinks, feels, and particularly relates to others’ and are ‘developmental conditions, which appear in childhood or adolescence and continue into adulthood’ (World Health Organization, 1992a ). They are distinguished from mental illness by their enduring, potentially lifelong nature and by the assumption that they represent extremes of normal variation rather than a morbid process of some kind. “

So to answer your question: it’s the way of thinking and acting based on many factors, not an illness. If not treated person can be like that life long, or go deeper down the hole and get even worse patterns of behavior.

I am not a psychologist though, that’s my knowledge based on what I know, so MOO JMO
I am not a psychologist either, but have extensive involvement with the treatment of someone who has BPD and cursory involvement with two others. My understanding is this disorder is one of the most difficult to treat but progress has been made. Step 1: convincing a patient they need help. Does anyone believe Lori would be easy to convince that her problems in life are related to her own reactions and beliefs?

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of you interested in working with the source imagery I have added a download link at the end of the page that collects the photos I used as well as some video of early flights around the scene before the dig commenced:

WARNING: may contain images of human remains

visual-law.com/websleuths.html (password: visual)
Thank you! So interesting to learn how all this works!

A longtime friend and coworker of mine met and married a woman from a popular dating site, about 14 years ago when that was still a relatively new and novel concept. I went to the wedding, she was as sweet a person as you could imagine. Things were great for a couple years, they had a couple of kids, but then she started exhibiting all kinds of weird behavior, including a particular kind of spiteful, vengeful behavior where she would be irrationally suspicious of him all the time, and then literally sabotage him to get back at him over disagreements. Putting fingernail clippings in his contact lens case, as the most minor example. It turned out that she had Borderline Personality Disorder, had been hiding it, and had gone off of her meds. Everything I read about LVD reminds me of my friend's (now) ex-wife. Rigid, irrational belief system, narcissism, suspicion, vengeful and disproportionate reactions.

The problem with BPD, as my friend often said, is that it's literally a Jekyll/Hyde thing. You never know which one you're going to get, and you can't be sure which one you're even talking to, until the crazy s**t starts happening.

Anyway, LVD sounds a whole lot like this to me. JMO. Looking forward to see what comes out of any court-ordered psych evals.

Totally.
The recent-ish comparator that many WSers are familiar with is Jodi Arias. She was diagnosed as "borderline" during the trial. There were no doubt features from other personality disorders (e.g. NPD), but the one that was presented via expert witness was BPD.
At the point where Arias was incarcerated, she doesn't seem to have slaughtered more than one person, though. In LCD we seem to have a serial killer, a trail of unexplained bodies.

I agree with you about the dig space. Everybody is staring at the dig space, zero attention or photographs (that we’ve seen) of the orange bag. My theory is that the orange bag contains charred remains of one victim that were laying directly on top of the other body. The resolution isn’t strong enough to see, but I wonder if that light area in the dark spot being photographed might be a skull. The two tents put up side by side when remains were being removed were over this spot, not the 2nd dig site.

And quite frankly, I don’t think Chad would go to the trouble of digging two graves.
this shows the shelter over the dig by the pond with items laid out on tarps.
Chad-Daybell10.jpg

PHOTO GALLERY: Aerial views as search warrant is executed on Chad Daybell's property | East Idaho News

oh yes i think we got that point pretty quickly

i was wondering if someone could find a sleeping bag or travel bag that might match

as i am in australia the brands are different might be really difficult for me to actually find something similar

I was thinking sleeping bag once people pointed out the size. My daughter has an orange sleeping bag in a similar color with a gray interior. Hers is a mummy bag (cone shaped) for backpacking. I believe it is a Kelty. I will take a look when I can.

I don’t think so either. IMO they are happy they can point to blood clots as a natural cause of death and be done with it.

I do wonder IF a second autopsy can be ordered though. Not sure who would foot the bill however...certainly NOT the Cox family. And perhaps they can overrule any such request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose