NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Current exclusions

MP11936 - Barbara Aleksivich
10/03/1973
Steuben, NY

MP2386 – Lynn Bandringa
05/29/1967
San Bernardino CA

Ingrid Bauer

MP7081 – Bonita Bickwit
07/27/1973
Sullivan NY

MP5860 – Marie Blee
11/21/1979
Routt CO

MP20107 – Mary Bostwick
07/18/1972
Tioga NY

MP19076 – Sandra Breed
05/22/1964
Madison NY

MP7828 – Niki Britten
07/16/1969
Linn OR

MP10968 – Linda Britton
06/11/1963
Guernsey OH

MP3070 – Judith Brown
04/06/1977
Queens NY

MP11582 – Barbara Bruno
08/01/1980
Monroe NY

MP7592 – Rosemary Buck
08/11/1973
Onondaga NY

MP4532 – Cynthia Constantine
07/11/1969
Suffolk NY
MP33036
Cornelia Enright
04/24/1969
Schenectady NY

MP5665 – Charlotte Heimann
10/30/1981
Monroe NY

MP5669 – Lynn Luray
08/17/1964
Los Angeles CA

MP7574 – Sylvia Lwowski
09/06/1975
Richmond NY

MP7266
Judy Martins
05/24/1978

MP4646 – Robyn Pettinato
07/05/1975
Flathead MT

MP26000 – Mary Robinson
06/10/1976
Monroe NY

MP5533 – Denise Sheehy
07/07/1970
Queens NY

MP20265 Valerie Smith
03/04/1981
Queens NY

MP3259 – Sheryl Tillinghast
09/24/1973
Dutchess NY

MP4608 – Rebecca Triska
09/19/1958
Beaver PA

MP2876 – Mary Wesolowski
08/18/1971
Warren NY

There seems to be no rule outs from Florida.
Someone knows who had a thing for young girls back then. Sammy G Gingello had a hit out on Mahoney in 1975 as well. Did this murder have anything to do with it somehow ? I think she was a runaway: whomever picked her up probably killed her

I swear NamUs (back when they had that info) stated insufficient DNA for these remains.
DN says DNA available.
Anyone know when they might have changed?

Yes, she has a DNA profile now from at least one year ago.
Thank you. I'm glad that they were able to obtain a profile for her, it gives me hope for some of the other UPs out there who have insufficient DNA for profiling.
The way DN worded her circumstances, it read like they were possibly doing isotopes, too. Have there been any updates on that?
From her DN link:
122UFNY
Further testing is underway to estimate how long ago she died and where she possibly originated from.

I swear NamUs (back when they had that info) stated insufficient DNA for these remains.
DN says DNA available.
Anyone know when they might have changed?

They resubmitted a couple of years ago to take advantage of new technology--glad to see the results are finally in.

Thank you. I'm glad that they were able to obtain a profile for her, it gives me hope for some of the other UPs out there who have insufficient DNA for profiling.
The way DN worded her circumstances, it read like they were possibly doing isotopes, too. Have there been any updates on that?
From her DN link:
122UFNY
From Inside the Evidence: Irondequoit Jane Doe :
new testing on the remains will be done at the University of Arizona.

"We're going to look to get carbon testing done on the teeth as well as mineral testing," Bean explained.

This will narrow down the time frame of when the victim was alive and could identify the area where she lived.

"We'd love to find out the truth of what happened and why she was put there," said Bean.

Through dental records and DNA, police have already ruled out more than 20 missing young women.
There doesn't seem to be any updates on this testing yet, but I'm hoping the identification of Valerie Mack will open up for forensic genealogy in New York state. IJD's case workers seems dedicated to identify her, fortunately. Hold those fingers crossed!

About 130 Bay Knoll Road

The house was built in 1964 on what used to be a fruit orchard (peaches, to be more specific). In the 60s, the Liquory family used to live there; they probably moved in when the house stood finished, but I haven't found any info on that, when they moved out, nor when the Przygodas moved in.

Clipping from Democrat and Chronicle - Newspapers.com

Roland Liquory was a WW2 veteran and a police officer. The son of the house was Ronald Jay Liquory, a Class of 1968 graduate from Eastridge High School. I found a Facebook group, as well, but they haven't posted anything in 7-8 years.
Turns out 130 Bay Knoll Road was listed and sold last year!
Turn key colonial located on a quiet, family friendly cul-de-sac, lovingly cared for and maintained by the same owner for 30+ years.
130 Bay Knoll Rd, Rochester, NY 14622

There's even a video walkthrough of the house. From the 33 to 43 sec. mark there's an overview of the backyard. It looks quite open, but from what I've seen from the pictures in the news paper clippings, there seemed to be a lot more trees and bushes in the 80s when IJD was found. Considering she might have been placed there since the 50s, the landscape and the growth could've been very different than what it is today.

Unless it is kept up, you'd be surprised how quickly trees reclaim a cleared part of the yard. I bought my house in 2000. The summer before I bought it, the previous owners had a large vegetable garden on the south side of the house. No a single tree except for a pine and a birch or two. I didn't keep up the garden at all or wander over to that side of the house except to mow around the building.
20 years later, you would never know that spot had been cleared at one point. So, yes, a couple of decades can make a difference on a landscape.

Wow, she really has quite a different look with the different hair styles and coloring. Thanks!
Ikr? They really don't stray that far from the original rendering; it's just a little bit colour and the hair, as you pointed out, and some of them has a little bit "make-up" applied. Remember, Debra Jackson was identified by her sister due to the last rendering of her appearing more groomed than the previous recons.

Those 3D renderings often turn out a bit generic, and I'm not sure if IJD's latest recon would jog the memory of someone, tbh. I wish they could've included her teeth somehow (like a smiling photo, or slightly open mouth as was done with Tracey Hobson's 3D rendering).

Ikr? They really don't stray that far from the original rendering; it's just a little bit colour and the hair, as you pointed out, and some of them has a little bit "make-up" applied. Remember, Debra Jackson was identified by her sister due to the last rendering of her appearing more groomed than the previous recons.

Those 3D renderings often turn out a bit generic, and I'm not sure if IJD's latest recon would jog the memory of someone, tbh. I wish they could've included her teeth somehow (like a smiling photo, or slightly open mouth as was done with Tracey Hobson's 3D rendering).

The teeth are tricky because the open mouth can distort the other features, but it does give some individuality.

I used to know a police artist who said that the caricature style of sketch actually had the best chance of being recognized by a relative. In her experience, a realistic sketch that's just a little off doesn't trigger as much recognition. She's deceased now :( but I find myself wondering what she would think of these photorealistic reconstructions.

Does that facial app let you adjust for weight? Like what if she was significantly overweight?

The teeth are tricky because the open mouth can distort the other features, but it does give some individuality.

I used to know a police artist who said that the caricature style of sketch actually had the best chance of being recognized by a relative. In her experience, a realistic sketch that's just a little off doesn't trigger as much recognition.
I remember you saying this in Veneranda Flores' thread back in the day. Makes sense, though.
Does that facial app let you adjust for weight? Like what if she was significantly overweight?
There are several options (see pic), but I'm more of a n00b here, so I usually just randomise the recons and see what I get out of that. @victoriarobinson642 is far more experienced with the generator.

upload_2020-8-1_2-9-4.png

I'm hoping the identification of Valerie Mack will open up for forensic genealogy in New York state.
And here it is!

Parabon Nanolabs has received permit from the New York Department of Health (NYS DoH) to employ its DNA Analysis technology and services to help LE agencies in New York state solve cases, both cold and active! It is the first permit issued by NYS DoH for use of genetic genealogy and other DNA technologies for forensic investigations in New York state. Hopefully, this will mark the beginning of the end for the many of New York's unsolved cold cases, IJD's included.

Parabon Receives First Permit Granted in New York for Advanced DNA Analysis

And here it is!

Parabon Nanolabs has received permit from the New York Department of Health (NYS DoH) to employ its DNA Analysis technology and services to help LE agencies in New York state solve cases, both cold and active! It is the first permit issued by NYS DoH for use of genetic genealogy and other DNA technologies for forensic investigations in New York state. Hopefully, this will mark the beginning of the end for the many of New York's unsolved cold cases, IJD's included.

Parabon Receives First Permit Granted in New York for Advanced DNA Analysis

Hallelujah!
Thanks for sharing the good news.
Here's hoping Mount Vernon Jane Doe will be put into their pipeline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ecdub
Back