Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might get some cloth ones from Old Navy as someone suggested but not sure if they have a filter pocket? I don't sew so I haven't read in the mask making thread.

I just ordered some more surgical ones from Amazon that are supposedly already in Canadian warehouses so no long waiting period. I paid more but it will be worth it if they get here fast and I don't have to continue to worry that I'll run out of them. I shared my last box with family members and will share this one too. I got a refund on the ones that are lost in transit.
I just looked at the Old Navy ones. They are better than nothing.

I lost all my hair in chemo and it's still growing back in so I don't need a haircut. I do need a colour though as it came back in with more gray strands. Menopause is a complete *****. I've read on these threads quite a few people mentioning they've been losing hair. It must have a connection to stress.
I hope and pray your cancer is GONE.

And yeah, menopause is a . Big time.

I made a call to someone I know has worn them for several hrs. at a time. Light not heavy. They do fit really snug, as they should. Doesn't find them a bother. Let us know how you make out.

Will do. I am thinking of getting it for maximum protection if I go to Disneyland when they are supposed to open next month.

Virus second wave fears likely as authorities identify new symptoms

Virus second wave fears likely as authorities identify new symptoms

Natalie Oliveri
1 hour ago
There are fears Australia could be struck down by a second coronavirus wave after a second Black Lives Matter protester tested positive to COVID-19.

Health authorities have also added a lack of taste and smell to the list of coronavirus symptoms as they make a fresh appeal for people to come forward for testing.
There was "still the potential" for more cases to emerge from the protests in Melbourne on June 6.

"The incubation period generally is between five to seven days, but we do know it can stretch out as far as 10-14," Chief nursing and midwifery officer Alison McMillan told Today.
"Recently we've added the loss of taste and smell to the diagnosis because we can definitely see now in the evidence that some people do - that's the first thing they experience."

Mass. to offer free COVID-19 testing to those who have gone to large gatherings

Massachusetts residents who have recently attended large gatherings, including protests against police brutality and racial biases in law enforcement, can get free COVID-19 testing this week, Gov. Charlie Baker announced.

The state is launching more than 50 pop-up test sites around the state that will offer free COVID-19 testing Wednesday and Thursday, Baker said Monday afternoon during a news briefing at the Massachusetts State House.

more at link

It's gone. I worry every day that it's coming back though.
LadyL, I know what it is to worry about it coming back, but I am still here kicking it after my diagnosis and 6 months of chemo back in 1992. And my hair came back in all platinum/white LOL. And I was only 39 at the time. It gets easier not to think about recurrence once you start regaining your strength and you start doing more. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Oh, I had occasion to visit the ER tonight. Screened on arrival. Since I have super fun reasons for needing an ER, I always get express service. My husband got to come sit with me. After his screening he got a name tag that said he was my person. In between remodeling and covid they've cut ER visit times in half. It was always 5-6 hours before. We were out in about 2.5 hours tonight. Jmo

I haven’t seen my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter since early March. We FaceTimed almost everyday up until my daughter had a baby (grandson) on May 20. They are sooo busy now and many sleepless nights. We visited before to see the baby on their patio when my granddaughter was napping. But she’s not napping so much now and we’re trying/hoping that we can visit again with 6ft distance and masks. No touching.
Is this too much to understand for a little one? She’s almost three, actually. Before all this we saw each other at least once a week, if not more, so she knows me and she has always been my lovebug.

I haven’t seen my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter since early March. We FaceTimed almost everyday up until my daughter had a baby (grandson) on May 20. They are sooo busy now and many sleepless nights. We visited before to see the baby on their patio when my granddaughter was napping. But she’s not napping so much now and we’re trying/hoping that we can visit again with 6ft distance and masks. No touching.
Is this too much to understand for a little one? She’s almost three, actually. Before all this we saw each other at least once a week, if not more, so she knows me and she has always been my lovebug.

My 2 y o granddaughter lives on a farm. We mask up and dont talk face to face. She absolutely wont wear a mask. She does sit on our laps.

We told our daughter and son in love to set whatever rules they needed.

If you’re having trouble finding face masks, try calling local building supply and masonry supply companies. They all seem to have plenty in stock in my area (I’m in the industry) My local target usually has too, and they have a white board at the entrance that lists what they do and don’t have in stock that day.

If you’re having trouble finding face masks, try calling local building supply and masonry supply companies. They all seem to have plenty in stock in my area (I’m in the industry) My local target usually has too, and they have a white board at the entrance that lists what they do and don’t have in stock that day.

wow they have not come back in stock in my area for months that I know of but I haven't checked physical stores lately ... have just been watching online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa