Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! That’s everything I have read too. I appreciate the link!

I just can’t find this. Snipped by me
“Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.

I couldn't find the direct link to the Fox13 document, but this People article has a link to the PDF nanny statement (link attached to the words "written exchange")

Nanny Recounts First Meeting with Lori Vallow — Who Said Slain Husband Died of Heart Attack

MOO, JC's assertion she spoke to JJ in October means nothing. I have no confidence in the validity either of them has to say. SS also stated she got a text from TR :mad:

RSBM

To be fair, both Colby and one of Tylee's friends reported they received texts from "Tylee" on dates they later realized were after she went missing, likely sent by Lori who had Tylee's phone in her possession.

Ah ok, so the missing info is about Chad's flight to Arizona (I thought it was to the Mesa airport vs. Phoenix, though)? I'm going to look for that...
Thank you! But I was looking for the source from the OP about the new to me Nanny info. I think they will post the link.
Thank you!

I welcome being challenged on this because I think if I am right it is very significant. And I mostly am basing my hypothesis on what makes more sense. That might be pretty dumb since nothing in this case has made any sense from the beginning

I used to fly a lot for work and it used to be that staying over a Saturday night saved a lot. But I'll take your word for it.

But if he wanted to get away from Tammy, every moment of freedom was probably valuable to him so any excuse to stay a couple of extra days would probably be exploited. But admittedly, my hypothesis depends strongly on this entirely speculative assumption that he would not make a day trip.

The one podcast I watched was JM, MG, and LV. It was suggested that MG wanted to do a podcast but needed JM to assist her. So I am thinking neither LV or MG are tech-savvy enough to pull off a podcast on their own. I really don't think it is rocket science but I think they would have needed help. I realize they would not have needed to be in the same place but I get the impression they were to eliminate the additional complexity. There is at least one where Chad called in from elsewhere and it was obvious.

Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.

<modsnip: off topic>

OK, I appreciate your responses. I needed to familiarize myself with the facts you were talking about a little more and eyeball the timeline. And you're right, trying to apply everyday common sense to any of this crazy story is questionable. I catch myself making that mistake constantly :)

First, the nanny's statement to the police concerning September 19th. "She introduced her friend to me and said that she does podcasts of some sort. I didn’t see a suitcase, so I don’t think she was staying that long." Although LV could have been lying, it seems pretty unlikely (there I go again with common sense) that LV would have thought to lie about that. So I think it's MG and that MG's memory was correct on the date of the trip.

Maybe CD did a day-trip, or an overnight and was back the next day (Friday 9/20). He could have been back in time to do the post-production on podcasts and the BYUI track walk with the PDAs on Saturday, right?

I guess what I'm saying is that none of this seems unlikely to me. He would have wanted to minimize time away from both the women in his life. He would NOT have been gone through the weekend IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that's what I read. OK I should've read #17 more thoroughly since it answers my questions after rereading it :oops: Thank you!

Don't forget this tidbit:

On the court TV podcast with Nate Eaton it was mentioned that LE returned to Lori’s condo to search a previously unknown crawl space. Sorry I don't have the link.

This may have been posted before:
Affordable Barefoot Hawaii Beach Wedding Package in Oahu and Kauai by Sweet Hawaii Wedding

A couple of notes:
- the beverage was sparkling cider
- Kahu Coco is a licensed officiant in Hawaii. Their marriage would be legal if they wanted it to be and filed the right paperwork.
- And the saddest part, they could have included JJ and Tylee in the ceremony for free complete with their own lei ceremony.

Sorry, I lost it typing that last line.

Thank you! But I was looking for the source from the OP about the new to me Nanny info. I think they will post the link.
Thank you!
I hope this doesn't violate any rule. Nanny statement to cops on Lori Vallow

Note: this is NOT the news story, this is her actual verbatim written statement to the police, as obtained by Fox13, that contains a little more detail than the news story does. I found this on lawandcrime.com

Last edited:
@KonaHonu I am choosing to tag you instead of reply. I was gone from here for a month or so but earlier on we weren’t allowed to link who we thought the wedding officiant was. Maybe if there was an msm article?

BBM
But Lori was waiting for him back in Rexburg (gross) so I can't imagine he would stay away any longer than needed. I still strongly feel like it was a quick turnaround trip. But I am curious about two things: Why don't you consider East Idaho News to be accurate in their reporting that the date of Melanie's trip was September 19; and secondly, you've mentioned a theory that revolves around these dates and I really want to hear it!

It's not that I don't think EIN is accurate. I check their site daily for updates on this case! It's that my recollection of the interview with MG is that she waffled about the specific date of her visit and it is possible that Nate or someone else simply assumed she was the friend who arrived on the 19th, possibly asked her to confirm and she said "Yeah, that must have been it."

My theory is simply that if MG visited the weekend before then someone we do not know about visited on the 19th and that is a key weekend! If there was another "friend" then I think it is very possible it was a hitman or someone to help them do the dirty deeds and/or clean up the mess. I wish the reporter had asked the nanny to describe the friend!

@KonaHonu I am choosing to tag you instead of reply. I was gone from here for a month or so but earlier on we weren’t allowed to link who we thought the wedding officiant was. Maybe if there was an msm article?
The wedding officiant is named in the witness list. Mods please edit if my post violates TOS but I thought something published in an official court filing is allowed.

I hope this doesn't violate any rule. Nanny statement to cops on Lori Vallow

Note: this is NOT the news story, this is her actual verbatim written statement to the police, as obtained by Fox13, that contains a little more detail than the news story does. I found this on lawandcrime.com

Ok, based on that witness statement the friend that arrived on 9/19 was female and did podcasts. That makes it much more likely it was Melanie. There are a couple of other possibilities but I'll accept it was Melanie.

(side note: I don't love this board's software. It makes quoting pretty tedious!)

OK, I appreciate your responses. I needed to familiarize myself with the facts you were talking about a little more and eyeball the timeline. And you're right, trying to apply everyday common sense to any of this crazy story is questionable. I catch myself making that mistake constantly :)

First, the nanny's statement to the police concerning September 19th. "She introduced her friend to me and said that she does podcasts of some sort. I didn’t see a suitcase, so I don’t think she was staying that long." Although LV could have been lying, it seems pretty unlikely (there I go again with common sense) that LV would have thought to lie about that. So I think it's MG and that MG's memory was correct on the date of the trip.

Maybe CD did a day-trip, or an overnight and was back the next day (Friday 9/20). He could have been back in time to do the post-production on podcasts and the BYUI track walk with the PDAs on Saturday, right?

I guess what I'm saying is that none of this seems unlikely to me. He would have wanted to minimize time away from both the women in his life. He would NOT have been gone through the weekend IMO.

Yep. I was relying on the news report about the nanny's statement. The additional information about teh friend being a "she" and doing podcasts is in the police statement. I withdraw my theory.

But that also means we now know that Chad's trip to Phoenix must have been quick. That might be useful information.

It's not that I don't think EIN is accurate. I check their site daily for updates on this case! It's that my recollection of the interview with MG is that she waffled about the specific date of her visit and it is possible that Nate or someone else simply assumed she was the friend who arrived on the 19th, possibly asked her to confirm and she said "Yeah, that must have been it."

My theory is simply that if MG visited the weekend before then someone we do not know about visited on the 19th and that is a key weekend! If there was another "friend" then I think it is very possible it was a hitman or someone to help them do the dirty deeds and/or clean up the mess. I wish the reporter had asked the nanny to describe the friend!
Thanks for the response. I just don't t think EIN would print something as important as that date without fact checking, especially after, as you said, she was a little hesitant. I even think the entire interview was run past LE before release, so I am comfortable that they have the right date. That is my own opinion.
As far as the theory, I'm just not following why they would now need to involve yet another person the murder; it seems between Lori, Chad, and Alex, they pretty much had more than enough evil to go around. Plus, they had clearly already murdered Tylee without needing such a "friend". Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname