Identified! Julie Gwenn Davis, 18, identified as Princess Blue, Manvel, TX, 10 Sept 1990

I have followed the Princess Blue case on Websleuths for awhile and I also like a Julie Gwenn page on Facebook. Can you imagine my astonishment when I saw the post on Facebook tonight that Julie has been identified as Princess Blue????

I'm glad the family has closure. I dont know how the ring ties into her disappearance, but maybe it could be the killers?

Her family posted on their “ Where is ....” page (she had at least two siblings searching). They spell her middle name “Gwenn” with 2-n’s.
Just checked, I forgot the second N. Sorry to the family for spelling it wrong, I swore I had put two N's up.

I just saw on Julie's FB page that she was identified as Princess Blue. Has anyone seen anything from authorities about the positive ID?

No but the family’s FB page gives the details of the investigator and his phone number of anyone wants to confirm.

No but the family’s FB page gives the details of the investigator and his phone number of anyone wants to confirm.

I was just wondering, because some of these cold cases that are finally solved, we see some media coverage. I am glad she got her name back, it's been a long time.

I did side by side photo comparison
It doesn't look like her but we need to keep in mind that a lot of time sketches were way too off and the photo of Julie is not so clear and was taken few years before her dissappearence.
Also the family stated that Julia was deff White

Hopefully she is Princess Blue that would mean a closure to her family.

Attachments

• BeFunky-collage.jpg
    BeFunky-collage.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
No one in "Not Your Typical True Crime Group" on FB is accepting that it is Julie because of the bi-racial connection and nothing from LE itself. I have not followed the case, so cannot speak to it myself. Just adding this FYI.

No one in "Not Your Typical True Crime Group" on FB is accepting that it is Julie because of the bi-racial connection and nothing from LE itself. I have not followed the case, so cannot speak to it myself. Just adding this FYI.
I Agree about LE not confirming her identitiy but tbh i would not focus too much in her biracial background cuz a lot of time LE and corner messed up race of victims especially when they are skeletonized.
One example is this Jane Doe who was identified last year she was believed to be White ut in fact she was black.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Randi_BoWilsonothe-

In case anyone has doubts, I actually just called Detective Meshell using the number the family encouraged doubters to call, and he did let me know that Julie Gwenn Davis is Princess Blue, confirmed through DNA. The number the family gave goes to dispatch, but dispatch will transfer you to his office. Law enforcement is still talking to people so there's no announcement yet but there will be.

A number of people were expressing doubt on the family's page and suggesting that the family could be lying, so I wanted to help clarify things.

Last edited:
I Agree about LE not confirming her identitiy but tbh i would not focus too much in her biracial background cuz a lot of time LE and corner messed up race of victims especially when they are skeletonized.
One example is this Jane Doe who was identified last year she was believed to be White ut in fact she was black.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Randi_BoWilsonothe-
plus shes from Louisiana, she is probably biracial and doesn't know it , that just happened to my Louisiana Mom with DNA , she is blond blue eyed with that same reddish blond hair and DNA came out as Irish, English and Western African so surprise ! My Aunt that passed however was white white and listed as African American , so No don't put too much stock in that

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back