Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it would, Bell, but is so hard to get precise dates for him. Registration of his Jag on May 4, 2007 would be another.

ETA: summoned to police station on Nov. 4, 2013, that must have been delivered to him in hand in Braunschweig as the appointment was to be on Nov. 6 (the document can be seen on a Spiegel documentary available at Ytube).

Attachments

• combined MT.jpg
    combined MT.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 84
DLK, did that guy tell newspapers only CB could have kidnapped MM?

DLK, did that guy tell newspapers only CB could have kidnapped MM?
Here's his Exclusive interview.

EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain

ETA: interesting quote from MT:

“He particularly liked European Championships or big football games when everyone would be out watching the game in bars.

“He would climb up to the first floor and steal everything, lots of money, valuables and so many passports. In fact hundreds of passports and lots of Rolexes and other expensive watches.

Here's his Exclusive interview.

EXCLUSIVE: Former friend of Maddie suspect Christian B spent months with him in Spain's Andalucia and believes he's guilty - Olive Press News Spain

ETA: interesting quote from MT:

“He particularly liked European Championships or big football games when everyone would be out watching the game in bars.

“He would climb up to the first floor and steal everything, lots of money, valuables and so many passports. In fact hundreds of passports and lots of Rolexes and other expensive watches.

It almost looks like CB was his hero.

I actually think he *possibly* practiced in the apt where the attack took place. He'd have to know his surroundings to be this quick, and also, no one mentioned what he used to light the scene if anything. Did he just use available lighting in the unit? A build in light on the camera? I mean, where was the cam placed anyhow? On a tripod? On a surface, propped against something? He'd have to know the field of view for filming when he placed his victim into the frame. I mean otherwise, he would have had to chose a location for filming on the spot in the moment of the attack and that may have flustered him yet he carried it out with such precision he was gone in about 15m.
Yeah, on hazels podcast interview thing, she said he was very planned and that he knew where to put the camera to get The right angle of the kitchen counter etc. That would take time going back and forth if he hadn’t already been in there previously and checked all this out before hand.
And he made comments about her moving plants/furniture I believe she said, he was hinting that he’d already been in her apartment before, probably to scare her even more. This was a year before the 72 year old lady’s rape, so if anything he would be more prepared each time. He knew the older lady had a cat etc. So I’m guessing he had broken into her apartment without her knowing first too and got a feel for her place, where the bedrooms where etc.
Which leads us to believe he likely entered madeleines apartment in the days before hand I would think too.... maybe even the night before when Madeleine was crying, and asked kate why she didn’t come :(

Yeah, on hazels podcast interview thing, she said he was very planned and that he knew where to put the camera to get The right angle of the kitchen counter etc. That would take time going back and forth if he hadn’t already been in there previously and checked all this out before hand.
And he made comments about her moving plants/furniture I believe she said, he was hinting that he’d already been in her apartment before, probably to scare her even more. This was a year before the 72 year old lady’s rape, so if anything he would be more prepared each time. He knew the older lady had a cat etc. So I’m guessing he had broken into her apartment without her knowing first too and got a feel for her place, where the bedrooms where etc.
Which leads us to believe he likely entered madeleines apartment in the days before hand I would think too.... maybe even the night before when Madeleine was crying, and asked kate why she didn’t come :(

He may have stalked the old lady outside her apt as well as inside because I believe he tried to say his hair was in her apt b/c he had pet her cat. I'm assuming he would have meant outside, as otherwise, would be an admission of having been in her apt at all, ever.

I guess it would have pre-dated scrutiny of his victim’s Facebook pages? If they even had a FB presence. He could have picked up info there but it wouldn’t have been as exhilarating as having a wander around their place.

Just re. the 2005 rape. When I read a bit more, a few things were notable ...

- German LE travelled to the US and interviewed the 2005 rape victim as she was too old to travel.
- CB made legal arguments in court. He seemed to have read up, prepared and argued with some eloquence.

German LE are deadly serious about this. They’re working really hard to keep him in jail. They think he’s very dangerous. Crucially, they’re willing to spend lots of time and money to see it through.

It’s BIG and it could definitely go for years because CB isn’t talking and seems unlikely to talk. He thinks he’s smarter than LE.

edit. I also think Operation Grange kept getting small amounts of money to keep going because the Germans had this investigation.

Last edited:
I have no idea why my post looks like this lol

sleuth-d- said:
i wonder if the football was on in o know you

Fixtures 3-5-2007

Select date:
calendar-to.gif

UEFA Cup
Th 03May 2007 W Bremen 1 - 2 Espanyol
Th 03May 2007 Sevilla 2 - 0 Osasuna

Semi Finals
They're not huge games and none of the sides are Portuguese. It's unlikely people would be massively interested in watching those games, imo, as a big football fan.”

Sorry to do this the wrong way, but using the quote function isn’t working for me on this message. Anyway...
No Portuguese team there so likely not everyone’s focus was on it, but I’m sure there are plenty of Spanish tourists/ex-pats in the resort that would be interested. Werder Bremen are from northern Germany, only an hour or so up the road from Braunschweig, and they lost that game. May tie in with what Bastardo said re: domestic violence?

Incidences of repotted domestic violence go up hugely when an abusers football team loses. There could be something in this.

Just re. the 2005 rape. When I read a bit more, a few things were notable ...

- German LE travelled to the US and interviewed the 2005 rape victim as she was too old to travel.
- CB made legal arguments in court. He seemed to have read up, prepared and argued with some eloquence.

German LE are deadly serious about this. They’re working really hard to keep him in jail. They think he’s very dangerous. Crucially, they’re willing to spend lots of time and money to see it through.

It’s BIG and it could definitely go for years but CB isn’t talking and seems unlikely to talk. He thinks he’s smarter than LE.
I really don't think his appeal will be succesful. If he was in Germany at the time of his arrest, the German LE are within their rights to charge him with the rape using their powers that he is a German citizen.

His contention seems to be that he was in Italy and extradited back to Germany on a drug charge (which he was subsequently sentenced for). After that, German LE proceeded with the rape charge which I think he claims wasn't covered by the extradition warrant as it was not signed off by the Portuguese authorities.

I don't think that applies though, his original extradition from Italy on the drug charge was valid. Once back in Germany, there is no need to seek an extradition warrant from Portugal for the rape charge as he's already now in Germany serving a sentence.

Last edited:

If he is involved in presenting his own defence, doesn’t this mean he gets (unlimited, in terms of time?) access to internet and copies of evidence etc? So he can relive crimes and fantasies much more easily.

I actually think he *possibly* practiced in the apt where the attack took place. He'd have to know his surroundings to be this quick, and also, no one mentioned what he used to light the scene if anything. Did he just use available lighting in the unit? A build in light on the camera? I mean, where was the cam placed anyhow? On a tripod? On a surface, propped against something? He'd have to know the field of view for filming when he placed his victim into the frame. I mean otherwise, he would have had to chose a location for filming on the spot in the moment of the attack and that may have flustered him yet he carried it out with such precision he was gone in about 15m.
i see what you mean by a trial run. the american lady's apartment looked very modern, possibly had lots of good lighting.
15 minutes would be no huge drain on a camcorder, but what about 4 hours? in 2004? - that's a lot of card space needed. and a lot of battery charge needed too.

Probably/hopefully nothing to do with CB (I can't verify or check because there is so little info) but I wanted to bring this missing girl's case into the light and share with you. Somebody up thread asked were there more children missing in Portugal. Yes..... This is one of the cases that really makes me sad and nobody ever wrote a word about it in MSM (I couldn't find it)

Tatiana Paula Mesquita Mendes ou Odete Araújo Freman ou Odete Araújo Freman Frima - Polícia Judiciária

224357CA-6943-44D4-AA6F-C376292AB0F1

Tatiana Paula Mesquita Mendes or Odete Araújo Freman or Odete Araújo Freman Frima

Date of Birth : 05-06-1998
Disappearance Date : Between 5/1/2005 and 5/31/2005 Place of birth : -Nationality : Guinea-Bissau <West-Africa> Father's Name : - Mother name : Beatriz Vaz Semedo Freman Height, Hair, Eyes, Weight, Teeth: n/a Private Signals : n/a

Other Information : She was considered missing in May 2005. She was "adopted" by a couple with the mother's agreement. She traveled to Portugal in May 2004 with the couple. However, about a year later, in May 2005, the adoptive mother passed on the information that the child had been handed over to another person, in 2004, and that the girl had later died somewhere in the area of Badajoz / Spain in a car accident.

Nothing more.....

i see what you mean by a trial run. the american lady's apartment looked very modern, possibly had lots of good lighting.
15 minutes would be no huge drain on a camcorder, but what about 4 hours? in 2004? - that's a lot of card space needed. and a lot of battery charge needed too.

I don't know about 2004. However, I bought a TINY little (would fit in a small purse) jvc camcorder in 2005. It recorded directly onto a built in hard drive. The battery life was several hours on one charge (about 8 hours). I actually still have the cam and its still full of old videos because it took me forever to figure out how to transfer them off the cam into a format most computers understood. I can't recall what they recorded in, I'd have to check... but I remember it being a pain in the arse to transfer them to dvd... This little cam had a flip out screen so you could use that to view your scene as you filmed. You could also use a built in light and mic. No card required. No plug in for electricity... this thing was SMALL. Not like the massive clunky ones of the late 80's / or even of the 90's that recorded on vhs... or cards!

If he is involved in presenting his own defence, doesn’t this mean he gets (unlimited, in terms of time?) access to internet and copies of evidence etc? So he can relive crimes and fantasies much more easily.

He had a lawyer but he also argued things in court to the judge. It’s a different system to what we’re accustomed to in ‘Anglo’ countries like UK, US, Australia. No jury, for example.

AFAIK when someone is charged in Germany prosecutors must present the evidence they have at that point. So yes, that could mean he has access and the opportunity to relive his crimes. I’m not 100% on that, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member