Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #62

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Covid can enter through the eyes. Since this guy's first symptom was red eyes, it could have entered through his eyes.
"Wear glasses. If you wear contact lenses, switch to glasses for a bit. That may help keep your hands away from your eyes. Also, the lenses may help protect your eyes from any respiratory droplets. If you don’t wear glasses, try sunglasses. And if you’re caring for someone ill, don safety glasses or goggles."
Your Eyes and Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Another concern, and something I’m experiencing, is that after all the $ spent stocking up, being shutdown, etc., how the heck can some of us afford to stock up again? I’ve spent any extra money I had getting prepared in February/March, and now what comes in will only pay basic bills.
I feel you.

I won't go on and on, but here in Kansas it feels like (and I think I've said before) YIPPEEE!!! Lock down done, no more virus. And we are spiking big time. Biggest two day ( Kansas only measures every 2) spike ever.

I went very early to the big city grocery store. I almost cried when I got to the cleaning section. Holy crap they had a few 3 packs of Clorox Wipes--$9.99 for 3 like they were before all of this. I was down to 3 wipes. Had already made plans to make my own tomorrow. I got a 3 pack in my cart...most carts had the same. Im sure they sold out very quickly. There were no signs limiting purchase amount but I hope that people were GOOD people and only bought one 3 pack.

For the first time the grocery store seemed to be stocked like normal. Sadly they even opened up the salad bar and olive bar sigh. BIG mistake IMO. No plexiglass or anything. No way am I ever going to partake in that stuff again.

I've mostly decided to go to my periodontist appt next week. Mainly because I think it will get worse very soon and I don't want to backslide on my mouth progress. Do I want to go NO. But, sigh.....opinions welcome on this.

Plus my hair looks like hell...the cut is fine, but oh do I need color.

Hang in there friends. thank you for being here.

I feel you.

I won't go on and on, but here in Kansas it feels like (and I think I've said before) YIPPEEE!!! Lock down done, no more virus. And we are spiking big time. Biggest two day ( Kansas only measures every 2) spike ever.

I went very early to the big city grocery store. I almost cried when I got to the cleaning section. Holy crap they had a few 3 packs of Clorox Wipes--$9.99 for 3 like they were before all of this. I was down to 3 wipes. Had already made plans to make my own tomorrow. I got a 3 pack in my cart...most carts had the same. Im sure they sold out very quickly. There were no signs limiting purchase amount but I hope that people were GOOD people and only bought one 3 pack.

For the first time the grocery store seemed to be stocked like normal. Sadly they even opened up the salad bar and olive bar sigh. BIG mistake IMO. No plexiglass or anything. No way am I ever going to partake in that stuff again.

I've mostly decided to go to my periodontist appt next week. Mainly because I think it will get worse very soon and I don't want to backslide on my mouth progress. Do I want to go NO. But, sigh.....opinions welcome on this.

Plus my hair looks like hell...the cut is fine, but oh do I need color.

Hang in there friends. thank you for being here.

glad you got some wipes - I need them!
don't worry about your hair but I think I agree with you that your dentist app't is a necessary one - seems 'essential' to me

Breaking: New Daily Cases High for U.S. at 36,358.

At a 5% death rate per case, that's 1800 deaths per day in about a month. If we can get that death rate down (and if no more old people get it), maybe we can still lower that figure.

We're back to where we started, only worse. I have no words.

I was seeing a glimmer of hope that this Canadian would eventually see my American Family. Now that hope is pretty much dashed. For some time I'm sure.

Us, too. My DD holds dual Aussie/US citizenship (her paternal birthright) and it is breaking our hearts to see what is happening in the US. We have so many people that we love in the US - people that I lived amongst for 17 years. Our annual trip to see them has been curtailed ... for how long?

Last edited:
At a 5% death rate per case, that's 1800 deaths per day in about a month. If we can get that death rate down (and if no more old people get it), maybe we can still lower that figure.

We're back to where we started, only worse. I have no words.

Aside from the obvious uproar subjects, do you think there's any chance this is just rolling across the US? Jmo

WHO warns of oxygen shortage as COVID cases set to top 10 million

WHO warns of oxygen shortage as COVID cases set to top 10 million

3 hrs ago
GENEVA (Reuters) - The world faces a shortage of oxygen concentrators as the number of worldwide cases of coronavirus infection nears the 10 million mark, the World Health Organization head said on Wednesday.
"Many countries are now experiencing difficulties obtaining oxygen concentrators," WHO Director General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news conference. "Demand is currently outstripping supply."

The new coronavirus has hit 9.3 million people and killed more than 480,000 so far and is rising by about 1 million cases per week. This has pushed oxygen demand to 88,000 large cylinders per day, or 620,000 cubic metres of oxygen, Tedros said.
The sudden rise has created a dearth of oxygen concentrators needed to support breathing of COVID-19 patients suffering from respiratory distress.

The health agency has purchased 14,000 oxygen concentrators from manufacturers and plans to send them to 120 countries in coming weeks, Tedros said. A further 170,000 concentrators - valued at some $100 million - will be potentially available over the next six months.

This is very worrying, particularly for third world and remote countries. There were concerns in the UK about oxygen running out, and one hospital did run very low one day during the peak and had to divert new patients for a few hours. Fortunately nobody was ever denied oxygen in any hospital here, we were lucky at least in that respect. It felt like a close call though, so it really might happen as the virus attacks less well equipped nations. Hopefully they can get these concentrators ready in time, but six months to manufacture them could be far too late :(

Our large outdoor patio has been a saving grace for our restaurant. The restaurants in our town without one (most of them) are really struggling financially.
This weekend we'll have live music on our patio both Friday and Saturday. With... social distancing, and yes we make our patrons wear masks. If they don't bring one, we give them one.
It is an open air venue. We have no idea what we'll do when the weather changes though.

Again, this man has worked so tirelessly and proactively...words can not express my gratitude and admiration for this man who really took the bull by the horns and made a huge difference in the trajectory, moo.
I think he affected the trajectory in a very negative way when he allowed 4500 CV patients to enter nursing homes. That was a a very bad decision, IMO. And he has tried to cover it up by taking down the order he gave from the state website.

AP count: Over 4,500 virus patients sent to NY nursing homes

Whatever the full number, nursing home administrators, residents’ advocates and relatives say it has added up to a big and indefensible problem for facilities that even Gov. Andrew Cuomo — the main proponent of the policy — called “the optimum feeding ground for this virus.

“It was the single dumbest decision anyone could make if they wanted to kill people,” Daniel Arbeeny said of the directive, which prompted him to pull his 88-year-old father out of a Brooklyn nursing home where more than 50 people have died. His father later died of COVID-19 at home.

“This isn’t rocket science,” Arbeeny said. “We knew the most vulnerable -- the elderly and compromised -- are in nursing homes and rehab centers.”

Last edited:
What's going to happen to our country (US)? Dr. Fauci and reputable others are saying to wear a mask. CA is requiring this. Several cities and counties are requiring it. Statistics are climbing. A few states are attempting to prevent residents from high volume virus states from entering. Haphazzard at best. A tiny hole in the bucket. Lawsuits against mask wearing. Political backlash against mask wearing. We just cannot go on like this.

What's going to happen to our country (US)? Dr. Fauci and reputable others are saying to wear a mask. CA is requiring this. Several cities and counties are requiring it. A few states are attempting to prevent residents from high volume virus states from entering. Haphazzard at best. A tiny hole in the bucket. Lawsuits against mask wearing. Political backlash against mask wearing. We just cannot go on like this.

It is totally insane

I think he affected the trajectory in a very negative way when he allowed 4500 CV patients to enter nursing homes. That was a a very bad decision, IMO. And he has tried to cover it up by taking down the order he gave from the state website.

AP count: Over 4,500 virus patients sent to NY nursing homes

I consider what he did an honest mistake: Governor Whitmer did the same thing: I don't think they understood the nature of the virus- it was new and they were , in a way, all caught flat-footed. As far As Governor Cuomo I believe once he became aware of what a mistake that was, he corrected it.

Our large outdoor patio has been a saving grace for our restaurant. The restaurants in our town without one (most of them) are really struggling financially.
This weekend we'll have live music on our patio both Friday and Saturday. With... social distancing, and yes we make our patrons wear masks. If they don't bring one, we give them one.
It is an open air venue. We have no idea what we'll do when the weather changes though.
Book me and Cags a table! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members